Archived cashier mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
the college age woman i checked out was using her parents credit card or hers and it was the 200 and above give the last four digits limit she thought i was done when i hit total and before i could flag her down i disappeared the gstl bought the lod over and then i was sent to a meeting with the gstl and she told me she a to do a write up and maybe some training i am seasonal want to apply to a super target close to my home what does a write up entail and how does it affect me staying on the gstl asked me about moving to a different department

The guest signed and then walked away assuming they were done. He realized too late that he needed to enter the last 4 digits of their card, so, yes their bill was unpaid.

The fact he needed to enter the last 4 also means the bill was $200+.

So, yeah, that's a costly mistake, quite likely CCA.

Thanks @Nauzhror

So I think he also says that he's seasonal and want's to move to another store.
That's not happening with with a CCA.

And something about the GSTL talking about having him moved to another department.
If any of the other TL will have him, that might be for the best.
It will give you a chance to shine and make them forget about your mistake.

I wonder how common it is for TL's to suggest TM's change departments actually.

I was abysmal at selling redcards when I first started. GSTL knew I was a hard worker, so didn't want me to quit or be performanced out, but he suggested I switch departments multiple times. Not sure what exactly changed his mind, I'd guess it was when I started working the service desk more than actual cashiering, as it seems weird to me that as a cashier that was initially nudged towards doing something other than cashiering that instead of being pushed into the backroom or onto the salesfloor that I was eventually made GSA.

You'd be surprised at the number of folks who frequently walk off without their receipt (or maybe not).
At SB, we had a lady who'd swipe her card & hurry down at the other end to grab her drink & go...before we noticed that her card wasn't going thru.
After a few of us compared notes, we were gunning for her & didn't start her drink until she paid. She moved on once she figured out that we were on to her.

So i talked to the gstl and a few others and they said its all good now im kinda still worried through it doesnt seem like i will get cca

If you are updating your other post please update as a reply to that thread. This post means nothing, since you didn't post anything to tell why or what "is all good.

I wonder how common it is for TL's to suggest TM's change departments actually.

In my store, the leaders don't like to move "problems" if it's general performance issues. However, I had to move a TM on my team (presentation) to cashier because she was so accident prone (3 incident reports in 6 months!) She was killing our safety scores.

why would my leaders say its all good now if i may have to be on ca
for the rest of my seasonal im thinking of leaving

why would my leaders say its all good now if i may have to be on ca

Unless they had you sit down and sign something you aren't on a CA.
They may have decided to just make it a coaching.
For that matter they could have decided that because you're seasonal it isn't worth the trouble.

I'm so sorry, as the others have said, I also find it very hard to read your posts without any form of punctuation. I know the others have explained what has appeared to have happened, but it is still very difficult to read a long run on sentence..
In your last post you wrote:
Do you mean you are going to be thinking about leaving the whole time you are a seasonal team member or do you think you will leave now?

Here is an example of punctuation giving different meanings:
Lets eat Grandpa
Let's eat, Grandpa.

update my etl told me before she left my last day is january 3rd instead of mid january still think it has to do with my the aboved mentioned story maybe it is a polite way of letting me go

update my etl told me before she left my last day is january 3rd instead of mid january still think it has to do with my the aboved mentioned story maybe it is a polite way of letting me go

It could also be that they planned to let all their seasonals go on Jan. 3, but when interviewing if someone asks "when will I be gone" when most mean "When will the paychecks stop coming" it sounds better for the HR to say "Around mid-january" than "two days after new years"

Also at my store, it asks for the last 4 on anything over like 60, except when the register is in a good mood. Most of our guests know when they'll have to show their card and they'll set it on the counter.

Uhh, it's always last 4 for anything over 200. It was over 400 prior to the breach, but was lowered to 200 after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back