I'm Lost! Cashiering

Hello!!! I need some help!!!, so I'm the new guy and I need some help, I do cashier and I don't know what to do, how do I get better, I had my first beginner shift yesterday and it was pretty hard to remember what to do, also I would like to know how can I request for more hours?

Make sure you're asking questions and talking to your trainer + your TLs. They can help you in the areas that you're not as confident in. As for more hours, be patient. The holidays are coming and so are the extra hours. You're in the training phase right now, which is usually a certain amount of hours that have been set aside.

Let your trainer/paired-up person how you learn best as well if they didn’t ask already. Some people learn better from re-enacting a scenario than watching their trainer pressing and pointing out the buttons with an explanation. Some people learn better figuring it out themselves while the trainer provides feedback to how they’re handling it than jotting down notes what the trainer is explaining. Learning and getting better is an ongoing process, and not every person learns the same way.

You can pick up shifts from other TMs to gain more hours, but there isn’t an official way to request more hours through the system. Whatever hours HR has, they will spend it accordingly.

Back