• Thread starter ColonelAngus
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ColonelAngus

Is it necessary for me to have certification for use of the Wave or crown stacker? I know how to use them both but am not certified. Whenever I bring it up to the TL's they usually just blow me off and tell me I don't need certification. The problem is that if I apply to s different job being certified helps me. Is it just a matter of them filling out paperwork?

Yes you're TL's do not want to go the extra mile with you. Partner up with HR and ask them to sit you at the computer to take the online quizzes. HR should also have some papers to fill out as well so you can be certified for the wave crown, wave, and if you want to learn the baler, there's a paper for that too. I had a hard time getting tm's certified because everyone "knew" how to operate things, but never took the online quizzes or filled out the papers.

What you mean by applying for a different job? Your certification stays within Target. You can't transfer that to a different company if that's what you mean.

My TL just signed the entire backroom off without a quiz. Works out so far because most of them either know how to use the machines and those who don't, don't use them

We no longer certify on paper. It's all done on workbench

What you mean by applying for a different job? Your certification stays within Target. You can't transfer that to a different company if that's what you mean.

Some companies ask for certification when filling out an app. Also, stating that you're certified on a resume looks far better than simply saying you know how to operate certain machinery

My equipment training consisted of a demonstration and a 10-minute spiel for each machine. We're all "verbally certified."

There is a new certification process online through workbench. Your TL has to log you into it.

There is a new certification process online through workbench. Your TL has to log you into it.

When HR told about that and told me I had to retrain/recertify my team I was like okay let me just look up there tm numbers team quick.;)

It's not a certification, it's a training. You're not able to save you're "certified" on your resume because that would mean you have your material handlers operators license or a hi/lo license. You're simply trained on the basics of the powered equipment.

Now from a legal/compliance perspective you have to have those trainings keyed in the system to be able to use the equipment. It's an Osha violation otherwise.

It's not a certification, it's a training. You're not able to save you're "certified" on your resume because that would mean you have your material handlers operators license or a hi/lo license. You're simply trained on the basics of the powered equipment.

Now from a legal/compliance perspective you have to have those trainings keyed in the system to be able to use the equipment. It's an Osha violation otherwise.
Universal certification would need to be sought through an outside entity. Each company would still train you to their standards.

My TL just signed the entire backroom off without a quiz. Works out so far because most of them either know how to use the machines and those who don't, don't use them
Then the TL is going to be in a world of shit when an injury occurs and AP/HR finds out no one ever really got the training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back