Archived Certifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowmotion

Presentation TM
So I am a state licensed Security Guard and perform security jobs on the side while working at Target. I am certified in First Aid, CPR, and AED. Other duty certs are CCW, Taser, OC spray, Handcuffing, and Baton.

Does Target care if I hold these certifications and does it matter if its acknowledged on my personnel file?

Last edited:
I'm assuming you're flow from your username. These certifications are meaningless as a flow team member, but may help you get your foot in the door if you're interested in AP/TPS. One aspect of AP is safety, which your CPR and AED certifications would certainly help with. As far as I know, Target is not to render first aid unless its a band-aid or something simple like that OR if its defib/CPR/Mouth-to-Mouth. I could be wrong. I am not familiar enough with the security aspect of AP to comment on your CCW and other Certs and how they would impact your ability

As far as raises and stuff goes, you dont get paid more for holding these certifications, but be sure to let your TL know about your medical training in case your expertise is needed

Alright, I will at least tell my Flow-TL and ETL-LOG. My aspiration for AP is low. I thoroughly enjoy Flow, Backroom, and Plano workloads. Security gains me access to concerts, sporting events, and varying events in my area. :)

Although, I do perform Loss Prevention work on occasion if I need the hours and it's available. My CCW is for high risk jobs or basically whenever I am in charge of money. A lot of my jobs are alcohol and control.

AP at my store doesn't seem enjoyable. I hate to let someone walk if I am not authorized for apprehensions due to company policy. Applying for APS or APTL maybe, but I only got less than a years experience in Security and an Associates Degree.

Last edited:
What's your intention on wanting Target to know this information? If my flow TM came to me with this information I'd say congratulations, why are you here? Or in a vary sarcastic voice I'd say "oh yeah, please tell me more".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back