Archived chip card rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting so sick and tired of every soccer mom who doesn't understand how to use their chip card, and then proceeds to tell me how "it's more trouble than it's worth" ,and with shaking hands and heads telling me how "this is fucking ridiculous." It takes literally 30 seconds. "Give me convenience or give me death." My heart drops when I see a pony tail sticking out of a pink baseball cap.

When they complain about the time it takes I'm like "..what's the rush?" for some reason they tend to shut up after that
I may legitimately start using this although I feel like someone will be like "WE'RE ALL WAITING BACK HERE BECAUSE OF THESE STUPID CHIPS" so maybe not.

Usually I just make it even more imposing and ominous. "Haha, I really haven't gotten used to this chip card thing" "Well, soon it'll be all we ever know or have."

I am getting so sick and tired of every soccer mom who doesn't understand how to use their chip card, and then proceeds to tell me how "it's more trouble than it's worth" ,and with shaking hands and heads telling me how "this is fucking ridiculous." It takes literally 30 seconds. "Give me convenience or give me death." My heart drops when I see a pony tail sticking out of a pink baseball cap.
We don't have as much trouble with women as we do men. I swear, I feel for their wives because they stick it in and pull it right out. :D:p

I usually just tell them it's for your security and it'll soon become standard in all stores.

I had one guest all pissed off about having to use her chip...she went on and on about how someone she knows is a detective, and that these chip cards are causing rates of identify theft to go up...and she looked it up on the Internet and it was true.

I looked it up later as well...and it's true in the fact that since this is making transactions more secure, thieves have had to switch to doing something else instead. But apparently that's our fault as well. :eye roll:

We don't have as much trouble with women as we do men. I swear, I feel for their wives because they stick it in and pull it right out. :D:p
Oh I feel you! Not so much with the chip card, but with anything else, this is the first place I've seen so many grown men and women throw tantrums like a child.

I had one guest all pissed off about having to use her chip...she went on and on about how someone she knows is a detective, and that these chip cards are causing rates of identify theft to go up...and she looked it up on the Internet and it was true.

I looked it up later as well...and it's true in the fact that since this is making transactions more secure, thieves have had to switch to doing something else instead. But apparently that's our fault as well. :eye roll:
That's really scary, I use a chip card as well.

That's really scary, I use a chip card as well.

Again, using a chip card doesn't mean your identity is more likely to be stolen...it just means that since this is a thing now, scammers had to move to something else.

For example...since we no longer take back billions of returns for all of these people who used coupons and want the money back for the coupons, in my area they have moved on to just stealing the products off the shelves and trying to return them.

Doing one thing didn't directly cause the second thing...scammers will always switch to something else when they have to.

I honestly hate how much longer it takes lol.. And that stupid hostile alarming sound! Sometimes I don't use my red card just because my bank didn't send my new card yet and if I hit credit, the transaction is done way sooner. Plus I don't have to try to get my card out before the noise starts. My reflexes are improving from yanking the red card, though. There's a bright side.

When I have someone who's new to the chips I just tell them in the beginning "it will take longer than swiping, but it is safer than swiping would be." This is still true btw. All the articles about increases in fraud say there's a possibility it could increase. But using your chip card in an emv slot in person is a bajillion times less likely to lead to stolen info than swiping. Ordering online, however isn't safer due to chips because you'll still be using the number printed on the card for those transactions. When you use the chip in the emv slot it generates a new code or whatever for each transaction so if they got the code, it shouldn't work again.

keep-calm-because-this-too-shall-pass.png

Lol, even if I ignore the chip, i haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate the redcard with a burning, fiery passion. I *try* to only use it when I'm buying expensive things. And I use it on the Tuesday and Wednesday before payday to float checks basically. Today I was in line to buy a red hoodie at 2:32 and I was scheduled 2:30. Only reason I used the redcard in that moment is because I didn't have $16.99 in the bank.

Im always in line at the last minute before work and I'm just buying food for my breaks because I convinced myself I had enough time then I get up there and see the clock at :34 and I swipe discover (even faster than the bank card). before the chip came, I made the discover vs pin decision often. I don't rush like that in the real world (i.e. Places that aren't target)

Last edited by a moderator:
I may legitimately start using this although I feel like someone will be like "WE'RE ALL WAITING BACK HERE BECAUSE OF THESE STUPID CHIPS" so maybe not.

Usually I just make it even more imposing and ominous. "Haha, I really haven't gotten used to this chip card thing" "Well, soon it'll be all we ever know or have."
"You mean waiting an extra 3 seconds?" or "Once you all learn how to use it, it'll go fast"

Seriously the ones who complain the most have no idea how to use it. My fave is when they ignore my instructions and keep sticking it in and out until the card reader actually freezes. They must want to actually waste time

I cannot understand the logic of when a guest KNOWS they have to insert their card because of the chip....yet they proceed to insert it the wrong way. YOU CAN SEEEEEE THE FUCKIN' CHIP! WHY! WHYYY!!!!!??! YOU CAN SEEEE IT! WITH YOUR EYES! How do you expect the card to work, if you don't insert the new part of the card that is the entire point of the thing!!?!?!?

13-holes-intelligence-box-Shape-matching-toy-building-blocks-baby-educational-toys-kids-early-learning-toys.jpg

SOMEONE MISSED THE POINT OF THIS FUCKING TOY WHEN THEY WERE KIDS!!!!

*Guest swipes card*
*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
"Oh, you have a chip card you in-"
"No I don't"
*Swipes it again*
*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

This too! SOO many guests are oblivious to the fact that their card even has a chip. All I can think is, "Did you not read the papers that came with the card when your bank sent them to you?!"

I cannot understand the logic of when a guest KNOWS they have to insert their card because of the chip....yet they proceed to insert it the wrong way. YOU CAN SEEEEEE THE FUCKIN' CHIP! WHY! WHYYY!!!!!??! YOU CAN SEEEE IT! WITH YOUR EYES! How do you expect the card to work, if you don't insert the new part of the card that is the entire point of the thing!!?!?!?

13-holes-intelligence-box-Shape-matching-toy-building-blocks-baby-educational-toys-kids-early-learning-toys.jpg

SOMEONE MISSED THE POINT OF THIS FUCKING TOY WHEN THEY WERE KIDS!!!!

A lot of people don't and refuse to understand technology. All they know is it's a magic money card and it works when they put it through the magic money card reader. This goes for a lot of other things technological like computers, TVs, phones, etc. As long as it works without any effort on the customer's part, then as far as they're concerned it could be powered by magical elven fairies from within.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back