Archived christmas eve pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
two of my co-workers and i were talking about christmas eve pay and is it true we don't get time and a half for that day? isn't christmas eve considered a holiday too? or are we being misinformed?

two of my co-workers and i were talking about christmas eve pay and is it true we don't get time and a half for that day? isn't christmas eve considered a holiday too? or are we being misinformed?

Not a paid holiday, its a straight workday.

And neither is Boxing Day.

as much as people want to consider Christmas eve a holiday.... it is not at least according to the Target. I think we get an extra 50 cents or 1 dollar more though.

Or an extra $5 if you close. Yeah not enough to be worth it. Like these weekend days they have been giving it. Yesterday I mad an extra $4. I spent more in my lunch.

But I do appreciate it as a gesture.

Oh boy, a whole extra $5.50 for my closing shift. I can buy a burger or something.

I hate when they talk up these 50 cent and dollar shift differential offers. It never amounts to much. For the two weekends thing, I made an extra $8. Yippee skippee. I'm not gonna notice that.

I don't get the point of a 50 cent bonus. I'd make almost twice as much as my "bonus" if I just worked an extra hour.

I think it's $1 more after 5 PM

Which is kind of BS since this morning was jam packed and a crazy ride. My STL and I were looking it up in TMSC and last year and this year the forecasts were like 20-25k for a few hours and then it dipped down to 5-8k or so per hour the last like 6 hours... Although i do understand its for missing spending time with family friends or whatever on xmas eve.

So, an extra few bucks? I can buy those new socks I've had my eye on!!!

My best Christmas bonus was 2500 bucks, but that was then...

Is Christmas Day a paid holiday for all team members or only certain ones?
If you worked over six months for target and have avg hours more than 32 you will get paid for the Xmas hoiliday

That seems weird, I thought those holidays went off the previous years average hours worked, thus requiring much more than six months.

Is Christmas Day a paid holiday for all team members or only certain ones?
If you worked over six months for target and have avg hours more than 32 you will get paid for the Xmas hoiliday

That seems weird, I thought those holidays went off the previous years average hours worked, thus requiring much more than six months.
That is correct. Avg hours are JAN-DEC. But you have to be working for target over six months to get Xmas pay. So if you start in the middle of the year and your avg is over 32. U r golden

I'm still confused how that works then.

I was under the impression that because this year I will average 30-31 hours that I will not be eligible for being paid those days till 2016 at soonest since 2015's holidays will be based on hours worked during 2014, not 2015.

Yet someone who starts in 2015 has their 2015 hours count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back