Archived Christmas Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone getting gifts for your team? I'm thinking about restaurant gift cards for my GSAs and my peer. I'd like to give stuff to my ETLs (we're small - we don't have many ETLs) and my STL but I don't want anyone to feel awkward. If I give them the stuff on Christmas Eve, there would be no feeling of the need for reciprocation, right?

I'm also doing candy canes with personal notes for all the cashiers and cart attendants. Not much, but I can't afford to buy everybody something substantial.

Am I weird or is it ok to let them know that I love being a part of this team?

Its not wierd, some people give out Christmas cards and candy at my store. Personally I normally feel sort of awkward when I am given a gift and have nothing to give back, even though I know it's not expected.

I don't think its weird at all, if you want to do that . I think its a nice thought/gesture

It would be fine with me. I usually take same cake or other sweets in the office with a note "From Bosch, Merry X-mas" and let people take what they like. I know some of ETLs don't want gifts(they feel its awkward - subordinates and all) this skirts that.

My GSTL made stockings in the office for the other GSTL and her GSAs and filled them with candy.

One yr our FA & SB did a secret Santa with a low $ limit & canvassed everyone to see if everyone wanted to participate. It was fun. This yr's team has changed a bit so a few work friends are trading gifts.

I gave gifts (usually gift cards and some Christmas candy or cookies) to my stl, etls, and fellow TLs for a few years but after getting not even a thank you from any of them, I'm not doing it this year.

Our team used to give out cards every year but somehow this year it stopped. I mean the TLS gave out cards to everyone new and old it didn't matter they just gave out cards but this year it stopped because I asked someone what happened with the cards and they said oh they stopped doing that I didn't ask why but they just stopped.

We got a mug this year, think were sent out by the DC though, not from anyone at our store.

Last year my TLs gave us tall mason jars with the layers of ingredients to make cookies with a recipe card attached. I liked that. It was cute and tasty and they DIYed them so that was cool they thought we were worth that effort. I actually hate baking lol and had a moment where I thought "great, a gift that requires effort" but the cookies were good enough to bring me back to appreciation. And I still use the jar and the little spatula.

Yesterday I came in to see the STL being showered in gifts by the TL's and ETL's near the TSC. But TM's getting gifts? Hah. Dream on.

My relationship with my TL is very strange... I am a PA and he is my CTL. I have been in market longer than he, and I seem more often than not the one suggesting ideas to improve/give advice. To me it seems funny as I am mostly looked at as the "TL" in market by all of then other TLs/TMs in my store.. yet it seems to be the ETLs who don't see, or care to see.. that you can be a leader without always being the loudest one on a walkie.

My TL to PA relationship is awkward as I seem to be the one who is actually leading, and I feel for the guy because it is quite possibly the hardest position in my store..

Is anyone getting gifts for your team? I'm thinking about restaurant gift cards for my GSAs and my peer. I'd like to give stuff to my ETLs (we're small - we don't have many ETLs) and my STL but I don't want anyone to feel awkward. If I give them the stuff on Christmas Eve, there would be no feeling of the need for reciprocation, right?

I'm also doing candy canes with personal notes for all the cashiers and cart attendants. Not much, but I can't afford to buy everybody something substantial.

Am I weird or is it ok to let them know that I love being a part of this team?

I would leave ANY gifts to your "superiors" out of this.. if you want to give your Cashiers gives that is perfectly fine in my book, tho.

I'd get my ETL-GE a gift before I'd even think of getting the cashiers gifts.

Partially because I'm an opportunistic asshole.

Also, there's way too many cashiers. Even $5 gifts would be $100+ with 20+ cashiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back