Christmas Set / Early set notes

I have everything set except the tree table. I have no box stock to sell or display trees. I opted not the put the tree tables on the floor until the display trees can be set. I’m guessing there are delays on the trees?

I have everything set except the tree table. I have no box stock to sell or display trees. I opted not the put the tree tables on the floor until the display trees can be set. I’m guessing there are delays on the trees?
We were able to set our table. We have at least 5-6 trees for each.

Is anyone else struggling to get Christmas pushed besides my store? We still have around 50 pallets.

Yes. Shit's everywhere. U-boat pivot point in receiving: Christmas pallets. Behind the line: Christmas pallets. Diaper wall: Christmas pallets. Furniture/seasonal wall: Christmas pallets. The steel above the line: Christmas pallets. It's so bad that in certain areas of the backroom there isn't enough space to get a 3-tier through because Christmas pallets. Even the toys aisles are "blocked" this way so it's slowing them way down. Why, yes, this is an OSHA and firecode violation.

Our DM thinks we should be able to get it all pushed and backstocked in 24 hours tops. Yeah, OK, maybe if everyone in the store stops doing anything else for 24 hours and just pushes Christmas.

Ours is finally all pushed. A lot of the issue was though that the stuff wasn’t sorted well on pallets. When it flows in the way it does on the trucks and you’re taking double trucks no one has time to sort that shit like it needs to be so it’s all about just put it on a pallet and wrap it and get it up so it’s out-of-the-way

How are SFS pulling Christmas stuff for POGs that are still pre-tied or not purchased yet? Does buying an item from a pre-tied POG activate all item on that POG?

It has to do with the Planogram set date whether it’s tied or not, Christmas was due to set 10/31.

This doesn't make sense but if it's true, it's stupid. Why would they activate it the beginning of the set week and not the end of the week? Their activating it before most stores have even finished.

How are your guys Christmas set coming along? Since Target seem to lack early set notes (what's new) I thought we should make our own.

I found a few issues and things I wish I knew beforehand. But I'll list a few...

- Issues
Adult decor is 6 sections, but map only calls for 5. Had to find another spot for tinsel POG.

Ask to set a 1 back endcap in mini, but mini also has a sales planners for that same endcap.

Not enough backer paper as always! Had to steal from other depts.

There's definitely some spacing issues with gondolas again this year but we made it work without having to stick anything down the racetrack

- Wish I knew beforehand
Kid focal has a corrugate for the tree display. Does not need the white metal shelf topper.

Black illustrator shipper will be in LTO POG.

Did everyone get all their signing? I swear if I'm missing overhead again this year I'm gonna freak out.
Doesn't your VM put up all the overheads?

Got like 6 pallets of seasonal left , should be dome tomorrow. Should of been done already but its whatever. Tons of mini but we are almost done setting there so should start pushing it soon. We are drowning in toys though.

This doesn't make sense but if it's true, it's stupid. Why would they activate it the beginning of the set week and not the end of the week? Their activating it before most stores have even finished.

Seasonal was supposed to be condensing Halloween down and setting Christmas early. All of Christmas should have been done the day after Halloween per guidelines. No, that's not always realistic, but welcome to Target. Unrealistic expectations are our bread and butter.

Our vm doesn’t even use the wave because they’re not comfortable with it. I know I know, I don’t know why Target hires people for roles that they just can’t do
For real. I love our VM, she has a great eye, but she does not hang any of the overheads. She supervises the PML who does it lol or the one Style TL.

Our vm doesn’t even use the wave because they’re not comfortable with it. I know I know, I don’t know why Target hires people for roles that they just can’t do
I still have a Plano team and signing person. And I still make the vm do all the overheads it was a clear as a day months back that non pog signing will be vm. And since they get paid almost as a Tl well heck better use that wave/

For real. I love our VM, she has a great eye, but she does not hang any of the overheads. She supervises the PML who does it lol or the one Style TL.
I am shocked your PML does it. Ours refuses to do a SINGLE thing that isn’t within the scope of their work or doesn’t have a work order put in.

Anyone else have issues where some displays were meant to come on the 30th or the 26th of October and you still have not received them? (It’s past those days)

Anyone else have issues where some displays were meant to come on the 30th or the 26th of October and you still have not received them? (It’s past those days)
We just got some hba displays in for an end cap that set a month ago and got reset last week. Im still getting in displays for my last kitchen transition. It doesnt surprise me at all.

Back