CI

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICQA technically falls under CI, since the ICQA OMs report to the CI-SOM. So if you’re asking if anyone on here is ICQA, there are a few of us.

Were your questions for an ICQA person or were you looking for someone else? I don’t think there are any other TMs who fall under CI, just OMs. (And capacity leads I guess since they report to a CI-OM)

Were your questions for an ICQA person or were you looking for someone else? I don’t think there are any other TMs who fall under CI, just OMs. (And capacity leads I guess since they report to a CI-OM)

Last edited:
What is Green Belt and Lean Six Sigma?

@Hal @Luck maybe?

Last edited:
That’s because it’s still evolving. Only lvl 5’s, 6’s, 7’s, and I might be wrong but even 8’s. I know nothing about these positions though. (I mean that in a polite manner) I wanted to grow with CI with it being a new dept. That was the hardest rejection. I wanted Capacity LWW so bad. I was so proud when I landed an interview. I was totally taken by surprise and committed my career suicide. LWW interviews are very serious as you mold your first HR profile. The leaders I started with are the leaders I trust the most. If they’re still there.

Last edited:
Lean Six Sigma.

Its a methodology about removing waste from a process. Long story short its making a process as efficient as possible after gathering data and observing a process or making the process run leaner.

Having a green belt shows that you understand and can implement the basics of Lean Six Sigma. It requires you to be in a role for 3 years involving application and to be pass a proctored exam on its principles.

Gemba, 5s, Job Instruction, all of it are being implemented as a part of lean six in order to get our company to an easier to manage standard so we can quickly identify and resolve issues around processes. Its standard work is so important and its a shame we suck so badly at it.

Who reports to RDC Quality OM’s and who reports to Continuous Improvement OM’s? Sorry needed to clarify. ICQA leaders report to CI OM’s.
ICQA team members report to Quality OMs also known as ICQA Leaders.

Capacity LWWs report to CI OMs.

Both report to the Senior Quality and Continuous Improvement OM. (SQCIM).

ICQA Leaders do NOT report to the CI OM. I keep seeing this and it's wrong. They are peers. ICQA looks at process improvement from a quality perspective. CI looks at it from prod.

ICQA team members report to Quality OMs also known as ICQA Leaders.

Capacity LWWs report to CI OMs.

Both report to the Senior Quality and Continuous Improvement OM. (SQCIM).

ICQA Leaders do NOT report to the CI OM. I keep seeing this and it's wrong. They are peers. ICQA looks at process improvement from a quality perspective. CI looks at it from prod.
Workday must have some old titles. I also have a FC along side of my RDC so that might effect the names. We have WA’s and WW’s at my RDC/FC. Idk confusing. I don’t know anything about CI or why there’s a new OD. Before we had a SSD then the Seniors.

Last edited:
ODs are part of OP model. You have day shift and night shift OD. They report to the SSD. So A1 and B1 SOMs report to day shift OD. A2 and B2 report to night shift.

Last edited:
You'll probably get a second OD.

The SQCIM is an almost an OD lite. But they still are a Senior OM. They just report directly to the SSD. But the other SOMs are peers.
We have a SQCIM.

Last edited:
ODs are part of OP model. You have day shift and night shift OD. They report to the SSD. So A1 and B1 SOMs report to day shift OD. A2 and B2 report to night shift.
Is the OP model new?

Lean Six Sigma.

Its a methodology about removing waste from a process. Long story short its making a process as efficient as possible after gathering data and observing a process or making the process run leaner.

Having a green belt shows that you understand and can implement the basics of Lean Six Sigma. It requires you to be in a role for 3 years involving application and to be pass a proctored exam on its principles.

Gemba, 5s, Job Instruction, all of it are being implemented as a part of lean six in order to get our company to an easier to manage standard so we can quickly identify and resolve issues around processes. Its standard work is so important
Nicely said.
and its a shame we suck so badly at it.
How can I improve Total Quality Management at my DC?

Last edited:
Lean Six Sigma.

Gemba, 5s, Job Instruction, all of it are being implemented as a part of lean six in order to get our company to an easier to manage standard so we can quickly identify and resolve issues around processes. Its standard work is so important and its a shame we suck so badly at it.
So question for you sir. Does Target off any classes to get your belt in Lean Six Sigma? I worked at the company Arthur Valdez came from and learned a lot about Gembas, 5S, Kaizens and other process improvement methods but never took any classes.

So question for you sir. Does Target off any classes to get your belt in Lean Six Sigma? I worked at the company Arthur Valdez came from and learned a lot about Gembas, 5S, Kaizens and other process improvement methods but never took any classes.
Through guild, yes. LWWs sometimes go through a ROC problem solving class that touches on it during onboarding.

But your better off going through guild and making them pay for it.

Nicely said.

How can I improve Total Quality Management at my DC?
You by yourself? Not much. Its not a problem one person can solve.

You can help. Sure. Become a trainer and teach people the right way. Join ICQA and learn about defects and how to solve them. If you see a process or job function that could be improved, let your leaders know, document it and share it with them.

Yes through Guild!

Last edited:
Through guild, yes. LWWs sometimes go through a ROC problem solving class that touches on it during onboarding.

But your better off going through guild and making them pay for it.
I'll have to look up the guilds. I am an LWW and I remember going through some stuff but it seemed like stuff I had already been through. I have been looking into getting a belt in Lean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back