Clocking in - Grace period

today I asked If there was a grace period of some sorts for clocking in. (Scheduled time is 5:30) the response I received was 5:20 - 5:30 is the 10 minute grace period. Well that’s not really a grace period.

Thoughts

today I asked If there was a grace period of some sorts for clocking in. (Scheduled time is 5:30) the response I received was 5:20 - 5:30 is the 10 minute grace period. Well that’s not really a grace period.

Thoughts
At a store, you can clock in only 5 mins before you are scheduled in. Take them.

Thoughts
Huh?

It’s exactly what it is. It’s an open period of time to clock in. Your time is adjusted to your start time as you should not be working at all during that time. It’s a grace period to ensure you’re able to clock in on time with everyone else trying to do the same

I work at one of the largest most staffed DCs in the country and it’s still plenty of time to get clocked in and head to my startup

5 minutes after clock in time snd you will not be considered late. If you clock in at 5:36 you are late.
Are you sure about that? In my building clocking in even at 5:30 is likely to be marked as late as the expectation is you are standing ready to work at startups when the bell rings.

Are you sure about that? In my building clocking in even at 5:30 is likely to be marked as late as the expectation is you are standing ready to work at startups when the bell rings.

That's just expectations though. I'd love to be marked as late 20x and get fired when each time it shows I've clocked in a minute+ before my shift starts. Not my fault the time clock is a 7min walk away from startup and I pass 100 different people and can experience 100 different slow downs to startup as a result. I still clocked in at a designated area before the designated time.

Huh?

It’s exactly what it is. It’s an open period of time to clock in. Your time is adjusted to your start time as you should not be working at all during that time. It’s a grace period to ensure you’re able to clock in on time with everyone else trying to do the same

I work at one of the largest most staffed DCs in the country and it’s still plenty of time to get clocked in and head to my startup
A grace period is a period immediately after the deadline for an obligation during which a late fee, or other action that would have been taken as a result of failing to meet the deadline, is waived provided that the obligation is satisfied during the grace period. In other words, it is a length of time during which rules or penalties are waived or deferred.

Ignore them. They’re a store team member and it isnt relevant to the thread

A grace period is a period immediately after the deadline for an obligation during which a late fee, or other action that would have been taken as a result of failing to meet the deadline, is waived provided that the obligation is satisfied during the grace period. In other words, it is a length of time during which rules or penalties are waived or deferred.

So you’re just here to argue semantics about workplace terminology? By googling and presenting the definition of a grace period in relation to a loan payment. Come on. You’re either incredibly thick or are trolling looking to start a pointless argument

either way take it somewhere else

In the handbook it says progression TM dont get a grace period they can clock in 10 min early (not paid) and clock out up to 5 min late.

Merit TM can clock in 5 min early up to 5 min late and out 15 min late

Last edited:
So you’re just here to argue semantics about workplace terminology? By googling and presenting the definition of a grace period in relation to a loan payment. Come on. You’re either incredibly thick or are trolling looking to start a pointless argument

either way take it somewhere else
the op has been reported.

Why? I didn't see anything wrong with their posts. Basically they wanted to know if they had a period of time after start of shift where they would not be considered late. In stores it is five minutes.
No they didn’t. They were already told they have a clocking in grace period. They came here to argue about the definition of what a grace period is

No they didn’t. They were already told they have a clocking in grace period. They came here to argue about the definition of what a grace period is
Much ado about nothing. I would consider a grace period something that starts after one's scheduled time, not before. All they did was post the definition, not call names. Seen people be a lot ruder than that on here without much consequence.

Much ado about nothing. I would consider a grace period something that starts after one's scheduled time, not before. All they did was post the definition, not call names. Seen people be a lot ruder than that on here without much consequence.
Spammer I think?

What you would consider a grace period in this context is well, wrong. So it’s not really relevant. They were told this and stated so. The conversation pretty much ends at the start of the thread

as a TM our time clocks at my location are open for shift clock in 5 min prior to schedule time only.. if I clock in 6 min. prior to my shift start, I'm prompted that it's an invalid clock in. (the prompt is something like that) And a grace period is an amount of time that's given for a late clock in of a shift. I was told it's 5 min at my location.

as a TM our time clocks at my location are open for shift clock in 5 min prior to schedule time only.. if I clock in 6 min. prior to my shift start, I'm prompted that it's an invalid clock in. (the prompt is something like that) And a grace period is an amount of time that's given for a late clock in of a shift. I was told it's 5 min at my location.
Are you store or DC side?

Here's how it works.
You have exactly 5 mins after your scheduled time to clock in, and you're not considered late; however, if you clock in on the 6th minute or later, you're late.
The same rule applies to coming in early. You can clock in 5 mins before your scheduled shift, but the system won't let you clock in any earlier without an override.
Yeah...the early cracks me up. Our first shift TL barely makes it on time as is. We get to stand in the dark and cold waiting til 1 minute before shift starts. Cause it's literally 1 minute from the door to the time clock

Back