How many days in a row can you work?

Last year HR told me we could work 8 days in a row before taking off. I asked again this year to make sure it hadn’t changed and was told it’s 6 days in a row. Seems odd to me that would go from 8 to 6.

I have recently worked seven days in a row but from Wednesday of one week to Tuesday next week .

The only federal law I'm aware of limiting hours doesn't really limit hours or days but requires OT pay for over 40 hours in one seven-day period. (And the seven days can't change from week to week - for Target, it's always Sunday to Saturday.) Your state's labor regulatory agency may say different. Some local units of government could have their own rules.
That's for adults. I know there are stricter rules in place for minors.
You might be remembering how Target was trying to be more aware of life-work balance. Last year, we were scheduled for only 5 days out of every 7, but this year with voluntary OT available, TLs were asking TMs if they were interested in working 6 days. Yep, sign me up. My store has been having trouble finding enough seasonal TMs and then keeping them until January. One recent Saturday there were nearly a dozen call-offs before noon. (We're a low-ish volume store, so that many call-offs in one day is a lot.)

Maybe at a DC, but I’ve never heard of that for stores.
Its a safety thing due to exhaustion and working in an inherently dangerous environment.
I was also shocked when I switched from store because I was doing 14 day straight but its night and day difference. I was able to go for a 2 hour walk and then spend the rest of the day at the beach after working an 8 hour shift at the store. After doing a 10 at the DC I was barely able to get off the couch to make myself food some days.

Its a safety thing due to exhaustion and working in an inherently dangerous environment.
I was also shocked when I switched from store because I was doing 14 day straight but its night and day difference. I was able to go for a 2 hour walk and then spend the rest of the day at the beach after working an 8 hour shift at the store. After doing a 10 at the DC I was barely able to get off the couch to make myself food some days.
SAME

I used to clock 16-18 hour days all the time at the store on back to back days. Now after 3 12s I’m fucking doooooone

SAME

I used to clock 16-18 hour days all the time at the store on back to back days. Now after 3 12s I’m fucking doooooone
Come join me on the merit side. Life is so much better now 😂

Merit positions are jobs like HR, ICQA, Inbound Problem Solver, AP/Security, etc.
You get involved by applying for one of the jobs 😁
Thanks for clearing that up for me. What makes this better than being a warehouse worker? Is the rate of pay different? Are there bonuses?

Thanks for clearing that up for me. What makes this better than being a warehouse worker? Is the rate of pay different? Are there bonuses?
Typically no mandatory ot, usually a higher rate of pay and yes you are eligible for sti. Although this year they made it pretty clear no one is getting 💩.

I did 11 days in a row earlier this year namely because we had a TM out with COVID, a TM on vay-cay & a TM who left for another job. Impacted nearly half our SB team.

And if what I’ve heard possibly LWW
You heard they are swapping it?

The pay has a lot of technicalities but basically the pay cap is a lot higher than the floor and you get a raise every 12 months.

Yes. OM buddy mentioned that it’s coming soonish
I dislike it. All that does is encourage people to camp in LWW positions. When in reality Leads SHOULD have the 2-3 year turnover when they hit the max pay into an OM spot. If a LWW cant become and OM then really they should be asked to step down to allow someone else to have a shot.
The absolute worst thing that could happen is having LWWs that are in the position for 3, 4, 5+ years.

Yes. OM buddy mentioned that it’s coming soonish
Interested in this as I am an LWW but what I've heard is we're getting a small raise but there are other merit positions opening up that are new. Heard it from an OM buddy of mine as well so I wonder if they are doing different things in different buildings

Interested in this as I am an LWW but what I've heard is we're getting a small raise but there are other merit positions opening up that are new. Heard it from an OM buddy of mine as well so I wonder if they are doing different things in different buildings
My understanding is the switch to merit is network wide

Back