How many days in a row can you work?

My understanding is the switch to merit is network wide
Interesting. Gonna have to look into it. I can see it as a plus but also as a negative for the people who aren't capped out. Definitely going to cause controversy amongst leads

I dislike it. All that does is encourage people to camp in LWW positions. When in reality Leads SHOULD have the 2-3 year turnover when they hit the max pay into an OM spot. If a LWW cant become and OM then really they should be asked to step down to allow someone else to have a shot.
The absolute worst thing that could happen is having LWWs that are in the position for 3, 4, 5+ years.
I don’t agree. Lww is a great stepping stone to om, but that isn’t a requirement. I have a lead that could be an om but has no interest in it. He likes his position and that’s fine. Some people have different t goals and that’s fine.

I don’t agree. Lww is a great stepping stone to om, but that isn’t a requirement. I have a lead that could be an om but has no interest in it. He likes his position and that’s fine. Some people have different t goals and that’s fine.
But thats exactly my point. You will have a LWW thats been in the position for 10 years. That KILLS the entire point of LWWs, which was to provide a stepping stone to becoming a manager off the floor.

Trust me, its exactly what happens store-side. You have Leads that are doing manager duties for less pay that camp in the spot for years and prevent anyone else with more motivation and drive from having the opportunity to move up.

But thats exactly my point. You will have a LWW thats been in the position for 10 years. That KILLS the entire point of LWWs, which was to provide a stepping stone to becoming a manager off the floor.
There are plenty of positions that serve as that stepping stone (basically LWW + any merit role). There are equal numbers of OMs and LWWs, so if LWWs are expected to advance or step down within some time frame, then there has to be 100% OM turnover in that time frame. So do we tell OMs that they need to advance or resign within that frame too? How far up does that go?
The way I see it, if 1/4 of the LWWs are looking to become OMs, that’s more than enough. Especially considering the company would probably prefer that 50% of OMs are college recruits.

There are plenty of positions that serve as that stepping stone (basically LWW + any merit role). There are equal numbers of OMs and LWWs, so if LWWs are expected to advance or step down within some time frame, then there has to be 100% OM turnover in that time frame. So do we tell OMs that they need to advance or resign within that frame too? How far up does that go?
The way I see it, if 1/4 of the LWWs are looking to become OMs, that’s more than enough. Especially considering the company would probably prefer that 50% of OMs are college recruits.
I dont knoe about your building but so far, yes. Every one of the original LWWs in my building is now an OM (or stepped down/quit). Our OM turnover is that high.

I dont think there is necessarily a problem with a LWW being in their position long term. I just dont think it should be rewarded when it is really just a mid step that doesnt offer much value in a vaccuum. We even currently have a department with no LWWs and hasnt had any in month and it runs just fine.

Whereas imagine no HR, Problem Solver, or ICQA on a shift. That would be devastating.

I dont knoe about your building but so far, yes. Every one of the original LWWs in my building is now an OM (or stepped down/quit). Our OM turnover is that high.

I dont think there is necessarily a problem with a LWW being in their position long term. I just dont think it should be rewarded when it is really just a mid step that doesnt offer much value in a vaccuum. We even currently have a department with no LWWs and hasnt had any in month and it runs just fine.

Whereas imagine no HR, Problem Solver, or ICQA on a shift. That would be devastating.
What is your senior management doing to them that there’s that much OM turnover in your building? Yikes.

We’re getting ready to have maybe our 4th or 5th LWW become an OM in our building with a few more on the way. But that’s mostly due to a lack of OM turnover IMO.

In ours we have quite a few leads who will absolutely stay camped out in that position until the day they die or someone forced them out. We also have several leads who have zero chance of ever being an OM because they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

And no offense to ICQA … but they are easily the over over rated team members in terms of value. Most of what they did was done internally by departments successfully for a long time. Outside of maybe 2 on our shift their lazy, entitled and generally useless. I had to light into one of them not that long ago for trying to convince the warehousing damage cage to damage out an entire pallet of PIPO because 2 cases of water were damaged on it.

Last edited:

That’s crazy, my building has had about 5 LWWs promote. A few have tried to promote and failed, and a few have stepped down or gone to merit positions.
Theoretically, as TMs step into OM roles, turnover should drop since they’re really not qualified to move beyond that point.

And no offense to ICQA … but they are easily the over over rated team members in terms of value. Most of what they did was done internally by departments successfully for a long time. Outside of maybe 2 on our shift their lazy, entitled and generally useless. I had to light into one of them not that long ago for trying to convince the warehousing damage cage to damage out an entire pallet of PIPO because 2 cases of water were damaged on it.
There is a HUGE knowledge gap in ICQA, at least in my building. I trust that about 4 people actually know what they’re doing and are thorough (total, not just my key). Half of the team think they know what they’re doing, but really don’t. Half of the team is computer illiterate. Most are former packers and OB TMs who never had to think about anything prior to moving. More than a few are lazy af.

Trust me, its exactly what happens store-side. You have Leads that are doing manager duties for less pay that camp in the spot for years and prevent anyone else with more motivation and drive from having the opportunity to move up.

Not anymore. Store side -- everyone with any type of experience is quitting.

You heard they are swapping it?

The pay has a lot of technicalities but basically the pay cap is a lot higher than the floor and you get a raise every 12 months.
Is it stressful? I'm thinking about my future a lot lately.
Interested in this as I am an LWW but what I've heard is we're getting a small raise but there are other merit positions opening up that are new. Heard it from an OM buddy of mine as well so I wonder if they are doing different things in different buildings
Do you happen to know what the new merit positions are that may be coming about?

I am looking forward to it. I think it's time for me to move up. I'm just not sure what position is the best.
I wouldn't dedicate myself to one spot. Jump in one that seems the one you know you would grow in. Choosing one because you think is the best for you doesn't always means it is. I was ICQA moved into OB LWW than moved to WHS LWW. One spot can be good for a time but never get too comfortable. Once you do move.

I wouldn't dedicate myself to one spot. Jump in one that seems the one you know you would grow in. Choosing one because you think is the best for you doesn't always means it is. I was ICQA moved into OB LWW than moved to WHS LWW. One spot can be good for a time but never get too comfortable. Once you do move.
Copy that!

What is your senior management doing to them that there’s that much OM turnover in your building? Yikes.

We’re getting ready to have maybe our 4th or 5th LWW become an OM in our building with a few more on the way. But that’s mostly due to a lack of OM turnover IMO.

In ours we have quite a few leads who will absolutely stay camped out in that position until the day they die or someone forced them out. We also have several leads who have zero chance of ever being an OM because they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

My building is spoiled. We have a lot of extremely skilled ICQA TMs. Including a few that wrote a lot of programs and tools used network wide from my understanding. It may have a lot of TMs that dont know what they are doing, but a single ICQA TM that does saves the building hundreds of thousands of dollars of shortage every year. Easily.

i work the damage cage that’s an easy fix
i take the damaged waters off count what’s left on the pallet IMA it to a store label, gpmer takes it to outbound like it’s pipo but it’s jot

Back