Archived Close Talkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 90% can't smell. It's mostly a useless superpower, but it does protect me from most B O and bad breath. Do people really smell things all day? Or just if it's particularly strong?
A sense of smell working overtime is a misery. When dinosaurs roamed the earth and there was no such thing as a smoke free work environment sharing a cubicle w four puffers was horrible. Airplane’s recirculated air a nightmare. French Quarter after Mardi Gras omg.

I had one the other day... he was very nice and his breath wasn't even bad, but he was so close I could feel how warm his breath was, and I kept stepping back and pivoting, but he REALLY wanted to watch over my shoulder as I typed his item into the my device

I'll keep that in mind. My general self assessment is that I speak in a rather clear, easy to understand manner at a moderate volume.

Here's a way to judge your volume. Can a guest or TM or random person outside of work hear you well enough to realize you want their attention from 50 feet away without you needing to raise your voice, you just need to sharpen your enunciation a bit? If the answer is no, if you need to raise your voice to catch a specific person's attention that far away then you are soft, not moderate and easy to be heard.

As far as the smell though, yeah that sucks. Unfortunately far too often the cause of bad breath is not something that brushing and flossing can fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back