Archived Closing Experts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I’ve tried to get this information from my ETLS and I have not been given a direct answer. I just want to know if any other stores are experiencing this as well?

I have not seen a single person scheduled as a Closing Expert since this roll out. All our “hardlines” closers are scheduled under General Merch and each day it’s just the typical random selection of who closes what areas....the same as it’s been when we were called hardlines. When I make the schedules for one of my departments I can clearly see the Closing Expert option to schedule someone under, but as of right now not a single person in our store is a closing expert. When I asked my ETL if anyone will ever be scheduled under this work center their answer was, “I’m not sure”.....

Are any other stores having all their previous hardlines closers just under on GM and have zero closing experts? I thought the whole point of this new model was to have the same TMs closing with the closing TL or did I misunderstood the point for all of this?

Okay I’ve tried to get this information from my ETLS and I have not been given a direct answer. I just want to know if any other stores are experiencing this as well?

I have not seen a single person scheduled as a Closing Expert since this roll out. All our “hardlines” closers are scheduled under General Merch and each day it’s just the typical random selection of who closes what areas....the same as it’s been when we were called hardlines. When I make the schedules for one of my departments I can clearly see the Closing Expert option to schedule someone under, but as of right now not a single person in our store is a closing expert. When I asked my ETL if anyone will ever be scheduled under this work center their answer was, “I’m not sure”.....

Are any other stores having all their previous hardlines closers just under on GM and have zero closing experts? I thought the whole point of this new model was to have the same TMs closing with the closing TL or did I misunderstood the point for all of this?
My DSD wants a clear closing team within the next couple weeks. We have a solid group right now but nothing concrete. We are currently not using the 120 hours we get for closing expert and just over scheduling hardlines but the plan is lock in a solid team and start scheduling accordingly

My DSD wants a clear closing team within the next couple weeks. We have a solid group right now but nothing concrete. We are currently not using the 120 hours we get for closing expert and just over scheduling hardlines but the plan is lock in a solid team and start scheduling accordingly

120 hours? Is your store receiving 3 closing experts?
I feel like our day side hours hasn’t changed, I have no idea where elsewhere our Hours are being used for.

Style closing experts just started this week at my store and they’re just being trained. And they’re using style hours for them, too. So like 3-7 they’re scheduled as closing experts and then 7-close they’re style I’m assuming that’s just a way to cut corners on hours?

Or would they not have been scheduled as closing experts for the full shift.

We don’t have a Closing Expert yet.

And holy crap. 120 hours!! How many are you getting?

We don’t have a Closing Expert yet.

And holy crap. 120 hours!! How many are you getting?
We get 40 hours for the closing TL and 120 for the TMs closing. Any TL and up can check your schedule dashboard which lasts out how many hours you got for every department/job code

Unfortunately, you need at least one closing expert if you want too get the bonus at the end of the year. My store wanted to make sure I was eligible and gave me 1 closer. We are only given about 20 hours a week for it though.

120 hours for closing experts? Dang. I think I only get one and I was told they’ll get less then 25 hours.

lol if you have 120 for closing experts that means you'll have 10 experts for 12 hours each

Unfortunately, you need at least one closing expert if you want too get the bonus at the end of the year. My store wanted to make sure I was eligible and gave me 1 closer. We are only given about 20 hours a week for it though.
What's this all about...? I've never heard that I won't get bonus because of not having a closing expert? Now I'm kinda ticked if this is true.

I was asked last week to become a closing expert since my store is using it as a development position. There's going to be two at my store one in A&A which is me and another for hardlines. According to my ETL i will only be zoning when necessary they want me to fill and push and make sure the team continues working after the last style lead leaves for the night. She also said I'm going to get guaranteed 40 hours a week

What's this all about...? I've never heard that I won't get bonus because of not having a closing expert? Now I'm kinda ticked if this is true.
My HRBP told me that I needed at least 1 to get the bonus. I'm not 100% it is definitely the case, but she is usually right about stuff like this.

I was asked last week to become a closing expert since my store is using it as a development position. There's going to be two at my store one in A&A which is me and another for hardlines. According to my ETL i will only be zoning when necessary they want me to fill and push and make sure the team continues working after the last style lead leaves for the night. She also said I'm going to get guaranteed 40 hours a week
Maybe 20 hours.

We get 40 hours for the closing TL and 120 for the TMs closing. Any TL and up can check your schedule dashboard which lasts out how many hours you got for every department/job code

We have hours for one closing expert.

All other closers fall into their department hours.

No closing experts at my store keeping the hours and giving them to extra Hardlines people.
That is bad if the closing lead wants their bonus. The closing lead deserves one, since they close the while storr making sure it is "safe and secure" as well as monitoring other teams tasks until closing. We use one Closing expert. They get about 30 hours/wk. They do GM, for the most part, sonce we don't schedule any GM passed 7:00 pm

I swear this is the most half assed roll out for a company wide change. For the fact that so many stores have so many questions about processes and roles is mind boggling....

Also for the fact they piloted this a long ass time ago and still haven’t gotten it down to a science yet...
I love my closing lead I think he’s really great but the fact that no one could give him a straight answer with certain criteria about his role is honestly just ridiculous.

Sorry, side rant.

Our closing team is:

1 closing expert, generally works hardlines.

1 softlines TM, 1 electronics TM, 1 beauty/GM TM who does much more than just HBA. No one in grocery at all.

I cannot tell you what a cluster our store has become since this rolled out.

//edited for clarity

Last edited:
1 closing expert for hardlines, 1 for softlines, 1 electronics, 1 in beauty who does much more than just HBA. No one in grocery at all.

I cannot tell you what a cluster our store has become since this rolled out.

Why would they allocated a closing expert in electronics and beauty? What do they do with the rest of the hours for elec and beauty? Closing expert has their own hours so I’m curious as to what your store did with the rest of Tech and Beauty Hours, or how much hours are given to that group?

Quite frankly tech open/close their department and the same for beauty.

If honestly when they start to apply closing experts to my store I hope they use them for the areas that are left unmanned at nights. We have a few sections for closing times that we never had people for from the moment I’ve worked there. Here’s to wishful thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back