Closing leads

My last closing lead walked out of the door with no notice.

I just met the new one last night.

She is supposedly about 19 years old!

Why would any retail establishment put someone so inexperienced in that job?

Then again Spot hires makes 22 years olds ETLs and the ones I have had were terrible.

Then again Spot hires makes 22 years olds ETLs and the ones I have had were terrible.

That's really dumb, closing team leads are supposed to be experienced and store veterans. I would never trust a 19 year old with that position.

Yeah not so much coaching or anything as far as accountability etc But they need to give you plans of action for their department and if they don’t pass off with you, then you have to hold your peers accountable. We all hold our peers accountable, but the closing lead is in the unique position of having to take the whole store operation into account not just a few departments
The closing team lead is not in charge of holding other leaders in the store accountable, im not sure where you received that information. All written description on the closing team lead job states that it is a partnership with other leaders and that they are in charge of executing plans that other TLs made but not an “LOD”

My closing tl is amazing and detailed. I would say atleast recently it seems tp be an extension of a flex tl. She most definitely doesnt need an office, she is always on the floor, all our tls have there own desk though, i keep some reference stuff and try and do my planning there but dont really use it all that much. We also have 1 to 2 leaders there fairly late so the whole store isnt reliant on just her. My other market tl usually works 9-530 and we have another setl that works most nights. Our style tls also have a couple of late mid shifts too. Pretty much the only tls that dont are the ones that do the unload.

I’m pretty much in contact with my SD over everything. But normally it’s zone and recover the store and make sure the guests are happy. As hours increase and I get some actual people at night we’ll move onto getting more 1-4-1s done nightly to help the morning team out. But as of late it’s been just trying to get the zone intact and help ring guests up.

Please don't judge someone solely based on their age. You have no idea what kind of experience they may have and until you've actually worked with them for a while, you don't know much about them. Younger people can have levels of maturity that are a lot higher than their peers. Just give everyone a chance :)

Back