Archived Closing super targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont believe so... If target wants to stay in the game they have to stay with food, if not grow it.. As online shopping gets more and more popular food is going to be the thing that gets people in the stores..

Target will however, probably never open a Super Target in the Northeast as butchers/etc, are MUCH more likely to unionize up here.

The nearest Super Spot is 2 hours away from me. I wish there was one closer ( although I don't think I would like working at one ). People have to eat...and most of the time if they go in to do their grocery shopping they will buy things that are not on the list ( I know I do) ...so Spot would shoot itself in the paw by doing away with Super Spots.

I work at a Super Target and grocery is one of our strongest and steadiest revenue drivers. The margins are crap compared to the rest of the store, but it keeps traffic and revenue strong between seasons.

I do think that if my store became Super then it'd help compete against the Wegmans/Giant/Aldis/Super Walmart in the shopping center where we are

This is the first I'm hearing anything about this. Our sales have been steadily growing (especially in grocery) and they have recently approved a decent amount of money to rejuvenate our aging facilities. I doubt they would be doing this if there was any inclination that we would be closing.

I have 2 super t's in my area & they are doing great sales against Wally world supers.

We'd be able to support one against the S-Walmart where I am at, we have Wegman's (which if you are a PA is a like Disney World, if you have never been to a Wegman's, which I think we would aim to compete with, LoL.)

Super t won't close. There are many of them in the northeast.

Not really. I'm in NY and the closest Supers are in Virginia and Indiana.

We'd be able to support one against the S-Walmart where I am at, we have Wegman's (which if you are a PA is a like Disney World, if you have never been to a Wegman's, which I think we would aim to compete with, LoL.)

Around here, a Super would never be able to compete with Wegman's. Too many people around here are extremely loyal to Wegman's.

Keep Super T get rid of Pfresh in other stores

There goes a good portion of our guest traffic, along with any chance of me eating a healthy dinner the one night I'm scheduled to work.

Not really. I'm in NY and the closest Supers are in Virginia and Indiana.

Around here, a Super would never be able to compete with Wegman's. Too many people around here are extremely loyal to Wegman's.

There goes a good portion of our guest traffic, along with any chance of me eating a healthy dinner the one night I'm scheduled to work.

This is why i Loled I know we never would.

Target could never live up to Wegmans quality. Wegmans is amazing!!! Target should stick to what they do best, pull out.

Target could never live up to Wegmans quality. Wegmans is amazing!!! Target should stick to what they do best, pull out.
In Virginia, there are 2 wegman's , 2super t, 2 super walmarts, 3 pfresh spots, within 20 miles of each other. But, I do love wegman's cafe.

@Hardlinesmaster - I'm in a similar area ( DMV) with all of the above in MD. Super T can compete but our Pfresh Stores are worthless. Pfresh is an odds and ends type of grocery store but most shopping is done at Wegmans, Safeway or Giant. Where we can get a larger variety. Wegmans Cafe is mind blowing - so many options.

As for super walmarts around here - way smaller than the ones we have in PA and in GA. Maybe their dominance is a result from being in a rural town.

My immediate area has 3 AA Super T's. At my store, grocery makes up over 30% of our total sales. They would be stupid to close our stores.

The OP is a TM that was not kept on as a seasonal employee, then started multiple threads here about that and how to get hired at a Super Target. I think he did get hired, but hasn't started yet, and now seems to have started this thread out of fear for Super's due to the Canadian store news.

So....2 pages later....

Closest super to me is like 3.5 hours away. When I first started working for target before the pfresh idea came around they discussed remodeling our greatland store into a super. Got tabled because of the local grocery competition, the market was too saturated.

I may be wrong but I think target has went in the pfresh design for new stores and remodels. Haven't heard of a new super opening in quite awhile.

Closest super to me is like 3.5 hours away. When I first started working for target before the pfresh idea came around they discussed remodeling our greatland store into a super. Got tabled because of the local grocery competition, the market was too saturated.

I may be wrong but I think target has went in the pfresh design for new stores and remodels. Haven't heard of a new super opening in quite awhile.
You haven't heard of many new Supers because Target in general really hasn't grown much lately. In the last couple years there's only been a handful of new stores opened, by my estimation it was about 25 new US stores in the last 2 years. It seems likely that low/stagnant US growth was due to the push into Canada and the resources being devoted to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back