Archived Coaching question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, not proud to say I've had my second no call. I was brought off stage to sign some paperwork by my Senior TL. She said if it happens again i could be put on final OR termed. I dont understand, don't i have to be on final in order to be termed?

Also she said that it was a coaching and to try and improve within the next 6 months. Im so confused. Can any of you guys give me a clue here? TIA

Depends on dates. When you are on corrective action there is a critical period of one month where you can be terminated for violating your CA.

How long ago was the first no call no show?

She said if it happens again i could be put on final OR termed. I dont understand, don't i have to be on final in order to be termed?

Wearing my Human Resources hat: Target is an employment at will company, and you can be terminated at any time, for any reason... Regardless if you have a final warning or coaching.

While Target does have coaching -> corrective action -> final -> termination, those can be skipped as needed... For example, they aren't going to coach an employee who is stealing... They will just fire them. That said, attendance is usually held to a different standard, since it impacts everyone in the store. A no-call/no-show is a huge offense. If it happens call, you'll be terminated because you are only allowed a couple... If you call-off again or are late, you'll probably be put on final.

While Target does have coaching -> corrective action -> final -> termination, those can be skipped as needed... For example, they aren't going to coach an employee who is stealing... They will just fire them. That said, attendance is usually held to a different standard, since it impacts everyone in the store. A no-call/no-show is a huge offense. If it happens call, you'll be terminated because you are only allowed a couple... If you call-off again or are late, you'll probably be put on final.

For the sake of consistency though they can't fire one person for no call no show and let another person get off (assuming past 90 days) The attendance policy is not as case by case as say someone breaking purchasing guidelines

Wearing my Human Resources hat: Target is an employment at will company, and you can be terminated at any time, for any reason... Regardless if you have a final warning or coaching.

Ok so, this wasnt recent i had just finally posted because i did call off today and was just curious as to what i may be looking at with my next scheduled shift. With attendance issues, is there normally a final before being termed?

For the sake of consistency though they can't fire one person for no call no show and let another person get off (assuming past 90 days) The attendance policy is not as case by case as say someone breaking purchasing guidelines

So you're saying attendance policy is usually the same for all ( assuming past 90 days )

Didn't know you called out today. You could be fired anytime... why do you miss work so much?

Yup, I'm willing to bet you are still in your post corrective action probationary period or the one year extended period. You can be fired for either no call or your next attendance coaching.

Do you have a lot of lates as well?

Yup, I'm willing to bet you are still in your post corrective action probationary period or the one year extended period. You can be fired for either no call or your next attendance coaching.

Do you have a lot of lates as well?

I was never told of a post probationary period. my corrective action was up in February, no I can honestly say im never late. I wont be no calling again, it was an honest mistake. Ive never had a coaching as far as calling out. So should I be expecting an issue upon my next shift in your opinion?

When i was spoken to my senior tl said it was a coaching. In my 3 years ive signed onky for a corrective action and again for the coaching

Youve had 2 corrective ac
When i was spoken to my senior tl said it was a coaching. In my 3 years ive signed onky for a corrective action and again for the coaching
You've had 2 correction actions. You will never sign anything for a coaching. As long as your probationary period is up you should be good.

You've had 2 correction actions. You will never sign anything for a coaching. As long as your probationary period is up you should be good.

Weird, she literally told me it was a coaching and that if i nc again i could be on final or termed.

While on a ca, if im put on another one , thats final right? And theyd make sure I knew I was on final?

Weird, she literally told me it was a coaching and that if i nc again i could be on final or termed.
Unfortunately she was wrong. Coachings are always verbal , although they get documented. But, she was right in that another one within six months is atleast a final, if not a termination.

Stores that are difficult to fully staff (like mine) are more lenient.

Ours too, i dont call out because i want to. I have some health conditions they are aware of. Ill just speak to my senior tl and or etl on my next shift. Thanks for all the input everyone.

I delievered a CA for someone's first NCNS, someone on another team got a PDD, and someone on my old team got a seek-to-understand. TMs talk, so I'm sure it'll get around that peeps aren't being treated fairly. Of course, I'll be the one that ends up looking bad because I did what I was supposed to do.

So just to be clear, in most attendance cases lets say calling out...is ca, ca, final , term?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back