Archived Coachings while under 90 day probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andreinaa

Hi I had a second coaching today and it’s my second coaching and I’m under my 90 day probation will it affect me? And won’t be able to stay after my 90 day probation

What were you coached for? I think it depends because they only way they keep you is if you don’t call out never come late and do what your suppose to do

Well I asked a team member if she could help me repackage 3 products because i needed to take my last break before the last hour and the person in charge of the front lanes called me into the office giving me a coaching about that and also because earlier today I couldn’t find something and I “pulled her out” from an important conversation with another TL and well I didn’t have anyone else to ask so of course I went to her and she didn’t like that I interrupted her talk with another TL

It almost sounds like the TL has a stick up her ass.
xZjsxHn.gif

From the rapid coachings it sounds like they are building a case to fire you. Not that they need a cause to fire you within your 90 days. Target likes to cross the Is and dot the Ts.

From the rapid coachings it sounds like they are building a case to fire you. Not that they need a cause to fire you within your 90 days. Target likes to cross the Is and dot the Ts.
But it was the same person. Could still be building a case but more likely just a jerk TL.

Early on I was coached for taking too many conversations to channel 2 and to deal with things on channel 1 more. A few weeks later I was coached by someone else for staying on channel 1 too much and that I should take things to channel 2. When I said "I was told" I got a measure of forgiveness and was told the first person shouldn't have said that to me.

Well I asked a team member if she could help me repackage 3 products because i needed to take my last break before the last hour and the person in charge of the front lanes called me into the office giving me a coaching about that and also because earlier today I couldn’t find something and I “pulled her out” from an important conversation with another TL and well I didn’t have anyone else to ask so of course I went to her and she didn’t like that I interrupted her talk with another TL
Unless someone is literally dying on the floor and they are handling it, or some other actual emergency, there is no conversation between TLs that is more important than helping a TM who needs something to do their job. Sounds like that TL has an overblown sense of her own importance, and a stick up her ass.

You need to sit down with your tl and go over some training to be sure you are asking the appropriate people for help.

You got coached for asking another Tm for help?

I think OP was coached for asking their GSTL for help while said GSTL was talking to another TL.

Since you are under 90 days. Your store doesn't have to build a case against you. You can be let go for any reason.

I see no issue with requesting fellow TM assistance to fill in a task while you took your break; repackage 3 items. If it was a days worth of repackage that was ignored, then I see an issue there.

As for the interrupting the TL, sounds like an authoritative/superiority issue with them.

Make it right with the TL first. I would suggest an one on one with the TL to explain your circumstances in a calm manner and devise a plan if better communication or added training is needed. Request clarification of any mis-steps.

But it was the same person. Could still be building a case but more likely just a jerk TL.

Early on I was coached for taking too many conversations to channel 2 and to deal with things on channel 1 more. A few weeks later I was coached by someone else for staying on channel 1 too much and that I should take things to channel 2. When I said "I was told" I got a measure of forgiveness and was told the first person shouldn't have said that to me.
These aren’t coachings. That’s retraining. So my last statement doesn’t relate to this situation.

Thanks Kartman for the "witness" reminder! However, sitting with the broom up the TLs ass ought to make things very intersting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back