Archived Code [color]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green - Injury
Yellow - Lost Child
Red - Fire

Over the walkie say: "Code [Color]" 3 times
If it's a fire or injury include the location.
If it's a code yellow, give a short description of the child; gender, relative age, hair color, clothes (no names).

Green - Injury
Yellow - Lost Child
Red - Fire

Over the walkie say: "Code [Color]" 3 times
If it's a fire or injury include the location.
If it's a code yellow, give a short description of the child; gender, relative age, hair color, clothes (no names).
Only the Lod will cancel the code yellow.

That's not a store rule, that's spot policy.
You know as well as I do that there's a ton of policies and best practices that stores do differently. If parent and child are reunited, there's no point in wasting everyone's time longer than necessary.

You know as well as I do that there's a ton of policies and best practices that stores do differently. If parent and child are reunited, there's no point in wasting everyone's time longer than necessary.
It is suggested to check on workbench. @LogisticsFox
From another code yellow thread:
Code Yellow:

ONLY THE LOD CAN CANCEL A CODE YELLOW.
Your correct! The LOD is the only one who can cancel Code Yellows, the LOD is responsible for the safety of that child.

STLinMaking, Apr 20, 2012

I understand it's a best practice; I'm just saying that it's not how we do it at our store.

Also for any code, DO NOT INTERUPT and maintain radio silence on all other matters.

As I understand, some stores have everyone switch to another channel. So what if the seasonal call button went to 3rd request? Someone lost their kid or is having a medical emergency, or the store is on fire and you need to get the hell out of there.

As a BRTM, I've been asked to go to 1 (for a yellow) and walk the backroom.

This was during the 1 serious yellow when we legitimately couldn't find the kid. Turns out they grabbed a toy and hid under the stroller gondola (the 2 level type with the displays on top). Talk about a tense 20 minutes...

Also if you happen to see a very shmexy guest and you would like your coworkers to enjoy the eye candy as well. Call a code blue with the location of said shmexy guest. ;)
Cart attendants used to do this at my store haha

Unofficial ones:
Code Brown - poop somewhere
Code Black - I've heard this when my store had a bomb threat although I've also seen it as a code on here for the armored truck picking up it's load (239).

Question regarding the Say It Three Times rule - How do you deal with ETLs who refuse to act if they didn't hear three times?

I was always of the impression that you say it three times to ensure that the code does in fact get heard in case there's an interruption in transmission. I had an ETL who refused to do anything (he was standing down the aisle, in my field of view) when I got interrupted calling a Code Yellow until I said it three more times.

Question regarding the Say It Three Times rule - How do you deal with ETLs who refuse to act if they didn't hear three times?

I was always of the impression that you say it three times to ensure that the code does in fact get heard in case there's an interruption in transmission. I had an ETL who refused to do anything (he was standing down the aisle, in my field of view) when I got interrupted calling a Code Yellow until I said it three more times.
That ETL is a fucking idiot.

Identifying the shoes was a procedure at Toys "R" Us during a lost child as well. The few times I've had a Code Yellow I've included it.

Also for any code, DO NOT INTERUPT and maintain radio silence on all other matters.
A thousand times this! Unless you're asking for clarification about the code yellow, STFU and stay off the walkie. We had a forking ETL-GE keep asking for guest first at the check lanes in the middle of the CY, and even replied "yeah, I know," when I asked if she heard that there was a CY. The STL'S finally got on the walkie and told her that guests could wait until we located the missing kid.

Also if you happen to see a very shmexy guest and you would like your coworkers to enjoy the eye candy as well. Call a code blue with the location of said shmexy guest. ;)
Among AP, if we know our ETL isn't on channel 6, we'll use Code 9. It's the same unofficial code used by most LEO's in our county.

As a BRTM, I've been asked to go to 1 (for a yellow) and walk the backroom.

This was during the 1 serious yellow when we legitimately couldn't find the kid. Turns out they grabbed a toy and hid under the stroller gondola (the 2 level type with the displays on top). Talk about a tense 20 minutes...

That kid got in a shit-load of trouble later most likely

I heard code pink.

Unofficial ones:
Code Brown - poop somewhere
Code Black - I've heard this when my store had a bomb threat although I've also seen it as a code on here for the armored truck picking up it's load (239).

oh god a bomb

The....shoe call out...right? Not the shirt thing......right?

Both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back