Archived Companywide outage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I picked the right weekend to take off...I expect to be called in early tomorrow, and to be regaled with war stories.

So maybe I shouldnt be revealing this here (for reasons that will become obvious) but during today's outage (I am on vacation and had no idea this was occurring when I went today, Sunday). I was at the register checking out and got as far as scanning wallet on cartwheel. On the final screen the register errors the card out. So at this point I learn of the problems and we start trying to get it to go through. We try my redcard physically this time. This is at the final screen after ALL discounts have already been applied (I religiously watch each time discounts are applied and the total goes down).
Long story short is that the red card discount is applied twice. My purchase was relatively high and I recieved an additional $25 off, not out of any inconvenience deal or anything. Just off of using my read card a second time after scanning the wallet app and it failing at the final screen. Spot really needs to figure this out because I just might look at getting a really sweet deal on some expensive electronics while also hoping for a extra discount for inconvenience like you all mentioned some stores are giving.

You’d think a company of this size wouldn’t allow things like this to happen, at least not two days in a row. I see this causing hour cuts.
Technically yes it will. Flexible hours go up and down all month so any stores projected for flex hours typically would have already spent those hours since the second to last week of June was just written sonthey only have the next schedule written to make June payroll. Basically any extra hours they spent with the assumption of earning flex payroll was likely ruined due to most stores missing sales by 60-70% this weekend

Target confirmed it was due to NCR issue, unrelated to their own
I'm sure it was a problem happening at NRC. However, they handle transactions for thousands of companies and, as far as anyone is saying, Target was the only retailer who had problems? I have a feeling that the cause of NCR's problem was data sent to them by Spot. So, it actually is Target's problem. NRC will be willing to take the flack for Sunday because they will want to keep a client like Target happy.

At least all my temperature sensitive food was ok and we did not lose power.

Oh I forgot about the 13 carts of reshop and the the meat milk dairy frozen in those carts.
The defects were high.

My degree field is somewhat related to this (tiptoes around perimeter for fear of outing myself) and the first thing I thought on Saturday was, "This is going to be a PR nightmare."

That was before Sunday.

Well, I guess I'll get some things done around the house when those hours cuts come down.

Out of curiosity, what's been the blowback so far for everyone working today? Lots of reshop, defecting frozen food, etc? Angry managers?

There's tons of reshop that got completely ignored. Management is focused on BTS results and panicking about that. (Meetings were held!!!!!) Salesfloor was told to expect visitors anytime in the next few days and to zone, zone, zone. When I wasn't doing an OPU, I just parked myself behind the service desk and reminded myself that the dozens of carts of reshop are officially not my problem.

They have been asking me to do longer shifts now in short notice for some reason. We already have the schedule for next week (so they could change it anyway), but I would not be surprised at all if hours are messed up after that.
Same... except that onhands are going to be a mess for a while if your store scanned using "unknown barcode".
I really hope that didn't happen at my store. I have an SFS shift soon at a critical time of day.

50 bucks says some/a lot of stores might add hours to recover inventory numbers but then at the end of the month they'll take it back and give everyone 4 hour weeks, or my name isn't Graham Wellington III

I hope not, I only get 1 day a week as it is...if they cut me anymore I won't be there at all! :p

My store was relatively calm. The only issue that we had was with drive up. Constant phantom drive up calls and then, a couple of orders that did not alert, but the guest was there. And a SE Lead that thought I was allowing the team to ignore the guest and the alert. Direct quote ‘why didn’t anyone respond to the drive up that didn’t go off?!’ 🤦‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back