Archived Complimentary Advil or Tylenol

Status
Not open for further replies.

crumbdumb

Living the American Dream
Does your store give you complimentary Tylenol or Advil packets? Ours did for several years....and abrubtly stopped around late last year. We still get antacid packets, yay...

No. We keep a drug bag up at guest services of stuff that has been returned, has to be defected out, but is still clearly sealed. Of course it's use at your own risk, and if something were tampered with, we would never allow it to be given to TMs.

To be clear, I'm talking about sealed complimentary packets (usually two in each) designed to be given out for free (not guest leftovers :)) in the equipment room. Also, to be clear, it's genetic stuff like ibuprofen or acetaminophen, not name brand stuff. They also use to provide generic Excedrin (caffeine/acetaminophen/aspirin combo).

No, but luckily I don't get headaches as frequently as I used to. I carry around a travel pack just to be safe.

20151216_230148.jpg Really? Noone else has worked in a Target that gave these out in the HR or equipment room? My store must be a unicorn. When they did offer them, they went out like candy. EDIT: old (and dirty), but here's a pic.

Last edited:
Yes. But a LOD has to call Alert One first. They transfer you to a nurse to give you a dose. We keep them in the AP office and HR office we have boxes upon boxes.

Never had to do a nurse thing or get permission, they were just in plastic boxs in the HR/equipment room.

My store doesn't have those packets. we can order them for the big first aid kit in the TSC, but we usually just have a requisitioned bottle of up & up Ibuprofen in there for team members who need it.

They started the Alert One/ nurse thing a couple years ago. They used to be in our break room.

After an 8 hour backroom shift, I can understand why. I just bring ibuprofen with me to work and take one or two as needed. I hear too much Tylenol messes up your liver.

I have worked in multiple store and the one I am in now is the first that had those twin packs of pain killers but that stopped about a year ago also ,now we rely on defected out ones that some people keep in their desks,don't think cvs will be helping out anyone with their headaches.

I don't know about Target, but a grocery store I used to work at, would have complimentary Tylenol available from the Pharmacist. For some reason only they could give it out.

If you're getting headaches at work and need tylenol after 8 hours you have other problems.

Tylenol and Advil aren't just for headaches. *Body aches in general*: working in the backroom lifting, pushing, climbing, and bending for 8 hours will give you them.

Last edited:
We have painkillers at guest service along with bandaids. Usually we use defected ones, but when someone asked for them a while back and we didn't have any I just requisitioned a bottle instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back