Archived CompuCom Upgrades!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few upgrades appearing at my store within the month. Anyone hear anything?
<Attachment removed due to potential confidential information>

Last edited by a moderator:
They performed all of these upgrades at my store last quarter. Doesn't make much difference.

The registers are old running like windows nx or whatever. Going to 6gb of ram is just overkill and doesn't do much in terms of performance upgrade lol
Probably in preparation for future software rollouts.

They’re upgrading RAM in outdated hardware in my store and that’s it. They should just upgrade the registers but that desicion is above my pay grade.

Most stores will have their red phones removed. Extra CAT5 cable ran for future updates. It’s a whole lot of nothing for the most part.

Your PMT was sent a spread sheet of what compucom was doing to the front lanes. Each store is getting different services. The PMT should be partnering with your ETL GE, ETL SF, GSTL’s about the changes. There’s no harm in a GSA asking what’s up either. Nothing top secret with this project.

They’re upgrading RAM in outdated hardware in my store and that’s it. They should just upgrade the registers but that desicion is above my pay grade.

Most stores will have their red phones removed. Extra CAT5 cable ran for future updates. It’s a whole lot of nothing for the most part.

Your PMT was sent a spread sheet of what compucom was doing to the front lanes. Each store is getting different services. The PMT should be partnering with your ETL GE, ETL SF, GSTL’s about the changes. There’s no harm in a GSA asking what’s up either. Nothing top secret with this project.

Sounds like what they did to us last summer. I'm not sure if they upgraded the RAM or not, but we lost all the red phones and they ran cables to both sets of doors. We were told the cables were for installing AP podiums, but nothing has shown up yet and it's been over 6 months. Not as if we have the TPS hours to staff podiums, even if we got them.

How do you answer calls if they took your red phones?

How do you answer calls if they took your red phones?

To be clear, they only removed the red phones from the front lanes, not from the sales floor. If we're up front, we use the portable phone from the GSTL office or the phones at the service desk.

To be clear, they only removed the red phones from the front lanes, not from the sales floor. If we're up front, we use the portable phone from the GSTL office or the phones at the service desk.

Right. The whole compucom wrap up project is a one night thing for the front end only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back