COVID-19 Coronavirus...

We have finally run out of all hand sanitizer and aloe gel. We still have some toilet paper but other stores around are running out so we know our days are limited. Meanwhile we have TMs who are terrified of looking like one of THOSE people if they leave with anything larger than a 6 pack of toilet paper. I kindly took the bullet and bought an 18 pack. I reminded them with one open pack at home and anywhere from 2-7 teenagers at a time in my house I’m just one stomach flu away from a disaster t😂

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Coronavirus rationing: Target, Walmart limit purchases of hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, toilet paper

Yep we get a case of hand sanitizer in, the person stocked it one lady just cleared the shelf and we took back all but four of them(two large, two small). She had two entire cases of travel sizes in her cart. Now we put a note up: Hand Sanitizer see self check out. Two bottles per guest.

People are in a full blown panic mode around here. And getting pissy when you tell them to "take some leave some." Karen's really don't like being told that other people exist and she must think of them.

I buy the large packs of Angel soft TP I have three bathrooms in my house so that 18 pack is six rolls per room.. Not crazy amounts.

My store is telling tms,who want hrs, they can have a cleaning shift of 4 hours. Don't know if anyone took them up on it.

Last night was an absolute disaster.

I was scheduled my typical flex shift until midnight and had one person with me until 10, another until 11. Around 10:15 orders started dropping even more heavily and in all of these orders were cleaning products that were not on the shelves and had just come in on the truck. The problem was nothing was even OUT of the truck yet and as a petite girl, I can't go screwing around to find all of the wipes and toilet paper people were ordering. I was told by the closing TL to INF in the meantime because our scores were so low anyway that it just didn't matter. People were running into the store like it was black Friday and opening boxes that were on pallets on the floor at 11:45pm to pull whatever soap/wipes/sanitizer/paper products they could get (of course AP fought them off but WHAT?!) before running to the registers. I left with a solid 70 in the zebra and can only imagine what opening flex looked like today.

I don't want to say I don't care but I'm washing my hands more often that I already was and I'm being extra careful to not touch my face/rub my eyes etc. I understand people worrying but my store should not have looked like the zombie apocalypse last night. It's disgusting to see how selfish people are in situations like these.

Attachments

• 20200310_182314.mp4
    16.1 MB
Last night was an absolute disaster.

I was scheduled my typical flex shift until midnight and had one person with me until 10, another until 11. Around 10:15 orders started dropping even more heavily and in all of these orders were cleaning products that were not on the shelves and had just come in on the truck. The problem was nothing was even OUT of the truck yet and as a petite girl, I can't go screwing around to find all of the wipes and toilet paper people were ordering. I was told by the closing TL to INF in the meantime because our scores were so low anyway that it just didn't matter. People were running into the store like it was black Friday and opening boxes that were on pallets on the floor at 11:45pm to pull whatever soap/wipes/sanitizer/paper products they could get (of course AP fought them off but WHAT?!) before running to the registers. I left with a solid 70 in the zebra and can only imagine what opening flex looked like today.

I don't want to say I don't care but I'm washing my hands more often that I already was and I'm being extra careful to not touch my face/rub my eyes etc. I understand people worrying but my store should not have looked like the zombie apocalypse last night. It's disgusting to see how selfish people are in situations like these.
Would be a good time to wipe them shelves down.

Cleaning every day is mandatory. In HR we are responsible for the lockers, breakroom, computers, etc. The front end has to do the register areas, SCO, carts, etc.

Carts??? What exactly is done to the carts with only 1 at GS, SCO and a lane and no CA until noon????

Is the cart thing due to the coronavirus? My old store NEVER cleaned the carts other than tossing the garbage the 'guests' left in them.

We have finally run out of all hand sanitizer and aloe gel. We still have some toilet paper but other stores around are running out so we know our days are limited. Meanwhile we have TMs who are terrified of looking like one of THOSE people if they leave with anything larger than a 6 pack of toilet paper. I kindly took the bullet and bought an 18 pack. I reminded them with one open pack at home and anywhere from 2-7 teenagers at a time in my house I’m just one stomach flu away from a disaster t😂

As I told, a another TM today: "Look, I think this toilet paper thing is crazy. But, everyone is panicking and that could eventually cause a stupid shortage. So, get some. I did. you don't want to be the asshole without it next month."

Received this email from Brian Cornell (to my non-work email, gonna assume... everyone signed up on Target.com received it)

A Note to Our Guests About the Coronavirus from CEO Brian Cornell
Over the past few days, so many of you have been in our stores and on our website stocking up on all the essential things you need to keep your families healthy and safe.

I want you to know that your health and safety is our first priority, too.

We’ve always taken great pride in our clean and well-run stores, and we know this is more important than ever right now. On top of our daily cleaning procedures, we’re adding hours to each store’s payroll to make our routines even more rigorous. This means more time will be spent cleaning our stores, including cleaning surfaces like checklanes and touchscreens at least every 30 minutes. Like many others, we’re taking guidance from the CDC, which recommends regular cleaning as one of the most important preventive measures we can take. And, out of an abundance of caution, we’ve temporarily stopped food sampling in our stores.

We’re also staffing up our teams to support in-demand services like Order Pickup and Drive Up.

And of course, we’re committed to taking care of our team. For weeks, we’ve provided them with up-to-the-moment guidance and information so they can keep themselves and their families safe. We’re encouraging sick team members to stay home and asking our teams to travel only if it’s business critical. And, to help support our team in real-time, we’ve set up a forum where we’re sharing information and taking questions 24/7.

Speaking of our team, they are working around the clock to make sure that the products you want are available when you need them. As demand for cleaning products, medicine, pantry stock-up items and more remains high, we’re sending more products to our stores as quickly as possible. And this weekend, we started to limit the number of key items per purchase, which will allow more guests to get what they need.

At the center of our company’s purpose is a commitment to help all families, and it’s something we take to heart in good times and bad. This is why we’ll be working hard to keep our stores open so we can be there to support you and your families.​
Brian Cornell​
I call BS.
I have not scene any employee clean or disinfect anything. We are so short staffed as well. A few people have quit.

Carts??? What exactly is done to the carts with only 1 at GS, SCO and a lane and no CA until noon????

Is the cart thing due to the coronavirus? My old store NEVER cleaned the carts other than tossing the garbage the 'guests' left in them.
Well I know one thing for sure, I'm bringing a couple Clorox wipes to my next shift and wiping my smart cart down.

My kids were pretty bummed yesterday when they couldn't get donuts because of this. They like to see all their options before deciding. It makes sense to pull them though despite the inconvenience. But I'm guessing donut sales are down because people don't want the added hassle of getting them; I certainly didn't.
This has yet to happen at the grocery store I work in. I wonder how that would work for $5 Donut Friday (1-dozen donuts for $5).

So I have a general question.
My grandparents, who one has a very weak immune system, has to come out for an emergency visit and will be staying with us until Friday morning. Both of my parents have been working from home since last Friday and none of us have left the house since then. I unfortunately have to work tomorrow, but am considering calling off just to make sure I don’t bring anything home. Is this a legit reason to call off? Like I don’t want to be the reason my grandfather gets sick and catches COVID.

It is only a matter of time before you see grocery and department stores close because of coronavirus. When more people start getting tests the numbers will go way up. The feds are going to find a way to pay for sick leave or they will have the pandemic spread more when sick people come to work. I think it will get to the point where it doesn't matter what Target's policy is on coronavirus is because the feds are coming up with plans now.

So I have a general question.
My grandparents, who one has a very weak immune system, has to come out for an emergency visit and will be staying with us until Friday morning. Both of my parents have been working from home since last Friday and none of us have left the house since then. I unfortunately have to work tomorrow, but am considering calling off just to make sure I don’t bring anything home. Is this a legit reason to call off? Like I don’t want to be the reason my grandfather gets sick and catches COVID.

I am in the same boat, in laws will be passing through the next week or so. We have just come up with a back up plan, cause we know it will be me that will get it. They usually stay with us for a couple days, we have reserved the right to waive off. You do what you feel is right.

Got put on the Clean Team today, not sure if that’s what other stores are calling it. Funny how workcenters are supposed to be divvying up who wipes down what, but in reality it’s an HRTM in the morning, and ya girl the closing expert in the evening that end up having to do it all. I don’t think my store actually would have done anything had we not had a major visit scheduled to happen, tbh.

Brian Cornell sent this email out yesterday. Apparently he's giving us more hours now.

-----
A Note to Our Guests About the Coronavirus from CEO Brian Cornell
Over the past few days, so many of you have been in our stores and on our website stocking up on all the essential things you need to keep your families healthy and safe.

I want you to know that your health and safety is our first priority, too.

We’ve always taken great pride in our clean and well-run stores, and we know this is more important than ever right now. On top of our daily cleaning procedures, we’re adding hours to each store’s payroll to make our routines even more rigorous. This means more time will be spent cleaning our stores, including cleaning surfaces like checklanes and touchscreens at least every 30 minutes. Like many others, we’re taking guidance from the CDC, which recommends regular cleaning as one of the most important preventive measures we can take. And, out of an abundance of caution, we’ve temporarily stopped food sampling in our stores.

We’re also staffing up our teams to support in-demand services like Order Pickup and Drive Up.

And of course, we’re committed to taking care of our team. For weeks, we’ve provided them with up-to-the-moment guidance and information so they can keep themselves and their families safe. We’re encouraging sick team members to stay home and asking our teams to travel only if it’s business critical. And, to help support our team in real-time, we’ve set up a forum where we’re sharing information and taking questions 24/7.

Speaking of our team, they are working around the clock to make sure that the products you want are available when you need them. As demand for cleaning products, medicine, pantry stock-up items and more remains high, we’re sending more products to our stores as quickly as possible. And this weekend, we started to limit the number of key items per purchase, which will allow more guests to get what they need.

At the center of our company’s purpose is a commitment to help all families, and it’s something we take to heart in good times and bad. This is why we’ll be working hard to keep our stores open so we can be there to support you and your families.

Brian Cornell

For the latest updates on our response to coronavirus, go to corporate.target.com.

Back