Archived Corporate Opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a former Target HR-ETL that left in 2016. I was wondering what everyone's experience is, if any, with the corporate offices in Minneapolis as it pertains to getting hired there, promoted into a role there, working there, the culture, ect.

I've applied to numerous openings, and more then meet the minimum job requirements. So I'm wondering if Target has a reputation for NOT hiring externally into their corporate offices, or if there's just something else I'm not seeing. Like do they avoid hiring those that would need to relocate?

Thanks in advance.

Corporate has internships so my guess is that they choose people from among the interns. They likely hire externally as well. Company recruiters in general frequently reach out to potential candidates using websites like LinkedIn. Try searching on LinkedIn and reaching out to a corporate recruiter about your interest.

I've applied to numerous openings, and more then meet the minimum job requirements. So I'm wondering if Target has a reputation for NOT hiring externally into their corporate offices, or if there's just something else I'm not seeing. Like do they avoid hiring those that would need to relocate?

With the amount of positions I doubt they would limit externals from getting in. As far as relocation I'm sure theres something deep in paperwork saying that they are required to pay for relocation so that could be the case... which would mean they would only take the top tier players. This is all a guess though so take it as it is.

With the amount of positions I doubt they would limit externals from getting in. As far as relocation I'm sure theres something deep in paperwork saying that they are required to pay for relocation so that could be the case... which would mean they would only take the top tier players. This is all a guess though so take it as it is.
Spot hq laid off a bunch of new hires who relocated to corp office & quit their former jobs.

Spot hq laid off a bunch of new hires who relocated to corp office & quit their former jobs.

Yea, this goes in line with their restructuring..... Moving the IC to HQ, killing the Investigator position, re-structuring districts, consolidating BP's to cover multiple districts, killing ETL spots and replacing them with TL's, the "camera rationalization" project, reducing workstations, changing chemical supply companies... the list goes on (my next guess is selling garden centers). It makes sense as long as its re-invested into areas that need to be re-invested in such as changing the ways DC's operate, higher pay for more valuable tm's, and remodels.

The Target of 2016 is nothing like the Target of 2018. Be aware of the changes.

I've heard this a couple times. Do you mind clarifying a few of the changes? I heard somewhere that AP and HR ETLs no longer exist for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back