Archived Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed that the computer refuses certain coupons now? A red screen pops up and says something like "Coupon cannot be used. Return to guest."

I look at the coupon and it matches the product, expiration dates are fine and all that....plus it usually is a coupon that was pulled off the actual product.

My GSTL said we should just hit "clear" and process as a manufacturer's coupon.

We had a huddle a month back and they said target was changing their policy on accepting certain coupons... I'm not a cashier so I didn't remember what it was all about.... But it might pertain to this, and if so I know at our store if it says it can't accept it, then we aren't allowed to process it. We were having too many people come in with random coupons and we were blindly accepting them... Not anymore I guess. I would ask higher up about it.

I've had this happen several times over the past week. Coupon matches and even has come off the product; I peeled it off myself. I processed it as a manufacturer coupon and accepted it.

It's so the nasty coupon people can't take advantage of us anymore. According to Spot, it's so we take some of the decision making out of the cashiers hands and lets the system do the declining (it's easier to say the register won't allow it over the cashier wants to be coupon cop. That being said, if it's a legit coupon I will accept it manually, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back