Archived Covering CheckLane

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GSA/GSTL at my store is not supposed to get on a lane unless an LOD tells them to while they watch the lanes. Also, if they have to go to GS they have to announce it on the walkie to the LOD and the LOD has to watch the front.

As for the whole GSA thing, if you are watching the front you should never get on a register unless there is someone else to cover for you. You need to always be available to assist cashiers and direct guest traffic to shorter lines.

I was trained on register too my first day. I don't mind covering since it kind of gives me a little break from running around

The GSA/GSTL at my store is not supposed to get on a lane unless an LOD tells them to while they watch the lanes. Also, if they have to go to GS they have to announce it on the walkie to the LOD and the LOD has to watch the front.

I don't need to announce that I'm helping someone at IGS, but I don't turn a light on when I do so so I can walk away after a guest without needing to take the person next in line.

Same policy though for a normal register. I only touch them if I call for backup and the LOD responds for me to hop on and that they'll be up to cover for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back