Archived Coworkers who steal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triscuit

Pricing Ninja
I have a question for you all. If you knew a coworker was stealing from the store, whether it be cash out of the registers, clothes, food, etc. would you report them or would you feel like it wasnt any of your business and not get involved?

You could call the hotline. But usually AP is on to that stuff much sooner than us team members are.

I would report it but I'm a little impartial ;) If you do report it as a TM and the case is substantiated then you're going to get a gift card thrown your way. The fact you reported it will be held completely confidential. Bottom line is is theft in any form is a crime. If you saw a random person on the street steal a random person's phone what would you do? I would hope you report it as soon as possible.

I am sure AP is on top of it already. you could always go to AP and tell them you have seen suspicious behavior.

Report it! AP will take care of the rest and it will remain confidential, for the most part.

I've seen a coworker steal before and I was glad to have a good relationship with at least one of my AP people. Perks of being in the fitting room often. I told AP and they were already watching the TM, who eventually got arrested.

Bottom line, go ahead and report it, either straight to AP or via the hotline.

Hotline or if you have a good relationship with someone in AP go to them.

Thank you all for the responses. I have let AP know about the situation, and they are looking into it. Its just a crazy situation because I was kind of friends with this person who is stealing. Thats why I didnt know if I should just not get involved, or say something.

Thank you all for the responses. I have let AP know about the situation, and they are looking into it. Its just a crazy situation because I was kind of friends with this person who is stealing. Thats why I didnt know if I should just not get involved, or say something.

Yay! That was the right thing to do :) If you go to regular leadership, rumors will eventually spread around because lets face it Target is almost worse than high school... but anything you bring straight to AP or the STL stays pretty quiet.

it really amazes me how stupid people can be... there are cameras pretty much everywhere in the store you ARE going to get caught eventually

Not to mention the fact that Target records and has store reports for everything from perpetual inventory to the average number of times a team member will complain in one shift ;)

A complaint tracker?
I hate to derail the thread but is that a real thing?

I had to bring this thread back up to let you guys know this. AP was investigating this team member and they were communicating with me asking what i think she stole and when it happened, etc. They actually caught her on camera stealing some petty things (doesnt matter how much it costs right, stealing is stealing?) yet nothing has been done. Its been almost a month and nothing has happened. It is really starting to irk me that she can steal and get away with it, all while AP and even the STL know that she is a thief..

I'm sure they're building a case. Just give it time. Spot would never let that go, nor should they.

They're definitely building a case... correct me if I'm wrong, but if they can wait until it reaches a certain point, they will. That's what they do with our coupon frauders and repeat thieves

They're definitely building a case... correct me if I'm wrong, but if they can wait until it reaches a certain point, they will. That's what they do with our coupon frauders and repeat thieves

The thing is though that Im pretty sure she knows they are watching her now, so shes been extra careful. If she never steals anything else will they eventually fire her, even if its been months since shes stolen anything?

The thing is though that Im pretty sure she knows they are watching her now, so shes been extra careful. If she never steals anything else will they eventually fire her, even if its been months since shes stolen anything?

The thing is most thieves like her are not very bright and if they wait long enough she will think she is safe and start stealing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back