Archived Crazy amount of outdated granola bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so glad you brought up best practices. If I look on workbench TODAY, it stares pog batches are not pulled by the setting person nor is that person responsible for the backstock. Now for question time.

Who is responsible for it? It doesn't say. So we are in limbo. We are told it's our responsibility to do both these, but given no extra hours to do it.

I was told that with modernization it is the grocery team, hardlines team, etc.

BUT if your store is shorting your departments hours and giving those hours to the POG team, then it is whoever is "given" those hours.

So as an example, say you get 40 hours to completely reset one aisle. 20 of those hojrs are accounted for as POG hours, and 20 as consumables.

But your store schedules POG 40 hours for that aisle and scheduled consumables 20 hours short for the week. Even though modernization says ig is the task of consumables, clearly your store leadership gave those hours to POG and POG should use them to do pulls and backstock. It wouldn't be reasonable to expect consumables to do 20 hours worth of work without giving consumables 20 hours of payroll to do it with.

But if you are a TM this is above your paygrade. You do what you are told to the best of your ability. Sometimes your leadership will decide that POG should do the work for reasons (consumables is short staffed, consumables doesn't have anyone with the availability, the leader is weak and it will get messed up, etc.)

I was told that with modernization it is the grocery team, hardlines team, etc.

BUT if your store is shorting your departments hours and giving those hours to the POG team, then it is whoever is "given" those hours.

So as an example, say you get 40 hours to completely reset one aisle. 20 of those hojrs are accounted for as POG hours, and 20 as consumables.

But your store schedules POG 40 hours for that aisle and scheduled consumables 20 hours short for the week. Even though modernization says ig is the task of consumables, clearly your store leadership gave those hours to POG and POG should use them to do pulls and backstock. It wouldn't be reasonable to expect consumables to do 20 hours worth of work without giving consumables 20 hours of payroll to do it with.

But if you are a TM this is above your paygrade. You do what you are told to the best of your ability. Sometimes your leadership will decide that POG should do the work for reasons (consumables is short staffed, consumables doesn't have anyone with the availability, the leader is weak and it will get messed up, etc.)

Apparently, and I say this because it's the info I have, we are given what the adjacency says. So if the adjacency says it takes 4.8 hours to set the teen bedding 1 aisle, that is what you are given. But that doesn't account for the pull and backstock according to best practices does it? Like I said, limbo. The pulls we can fit, but we are drowning in backstock at the end if the week. When I ask the ETL or stl about it, they say it's our responsibility. But that isn't true. They are just saying that because they don't have a better answer.

Apparently, and I say this because it's the info I have, we are given what the adjacency says. So if the adjacency says it takes 4.8 hours to set the teen bedding 1 aisle, that is what you are given. But that doesn't account for the pull and backstock according to best practices does it? Like I said, limbo. The pulls we can fit, but we are drowning in backstock at the end if the week. When I ask the ETL or stl about it, they say it's our responsibility. But that isn't true. They are just saying that because they don't have a better answer.

You are also given hours under the consumables bucket for back stocking. Unless you have my time full access you would not be able to see those hours.

You are also given hours under the consumables bucket for back stocking. Unless you have my time full access you would not be able to see those hours.

For teen bedding? Yeah, did you read the post you quoted?

I know the hours situation. We are given exactly the amount of hours called for on the adjacency. We aren't given hours from other work centers to backstock.

For teen bedding? Yeah, did you read the post you quoted?

I know the hours situation. We are given exactly the amount of hours called for on the adjacency. We aren't given hours from other work centers to backstock.

Agreed. We only get the Adjacency Calendar hours, not hours from the depts.

I had a conversation last week with my etl because she wanted Plano to backstock their sporting goods backstock as they brought it back even if they were not done setting their aisle yet. I told her it would be best to let them finish their aisle first, then come back with what time they had left, if any. No one else can come in after them to finish setting their aisle, but someone else sure can backstock their stuff. And I reminded her it gets tricky for us because Best Practice does not allot time for us to backstock our own so we can't prioritze that just because a visit is about to happen, but we would, as always, do our best to accommodate anyway.

And yet you would have put that same TM on cca for not getting done in time even though he would have said he was too slow because he was doing FIFO. So, other that figuring out how to bend the fabric of space/time, how could he have avoided getting in trouble?

“Getting in trouble”... are we ten years old here? FIFO is the right way to do it. It’s literally his job. What he did was straight up failure to follow direction. I said absolutely nothing about “getting done in time.” Stop assuming. Not only was he not getting all of his cases pushed, but he wasn’t even checking dates. So when the excuse is that a TM was trying to get it done in time, but the TM doesn’t even finish push, what is the point in cutting corners? Some TMs are just shitty, same goes for some leaders. I am neither one of those.

Update. An ETL questioned, in what I thought was a rude way on the salesfloor, why pogs took so long. Mind you, this was the day after I got carts and back up cashiered twice. It doesn't matter that I took extra time to find all those granola bars or actually clean shelves. From now on, I'm all about cutting time. So, if you are buying food at my Target from now on, check your own dates.
As far as I see it, you did your part. I would just partner with HR so that SOMEONE knows your leader is giving you this direction. Cover your own ass. It seems you’re a good TM under weak leadership. I’d take you on my team in a heartbeat.

He could follow best practices?

They work. The work is doable in the time alotted if the entire team follows practice. The problem is that team members don't follow best practices. They dick around and take 20 minute fifteens and show up late and spend a quarter of their shift bitching about management instead of just doing their damn jobs.

There is zero reason shit can't get done on time. It is 100% possible. I have TMs that tell me pushing 6 sorted u boats in 6 hours (PLUS breaks) is too much...when it is work that should take 4 hours to do.

PREACH.

But the problem is they don't want others to be successful and move up in retail so they write them up. A final= you can't transfer or get promoted. So there goes all that hard work down the toilet. If one is uncapable of putting themselves in other's shoes, then they shouldn't even be a TL in the first place. Lead by example. So if you give me shit, not a thank you for staying, etc then when the push piles up, good bye. I'm not staying extra to save your ass when you constantly treat me like I'm a dead object and you're the one TL with 40 hours with like 5 hours walking around pretending you're doing something but you're doing nothing but watching me, then you can push that shit yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back