Archived Crazy amount of outdated granola bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to stop by here and say that I put a TM on a cca yesterday because he wasn’t using FIFO... in granola bars. Literally put expired product on the shelf and walked away. His excuse? He was trying to “get it done in time.” Sorry, dude. Thems the rules.

Update. An ETL questioned, in what I thought was a rude way on the salesfloor, why pogs took so long. Mind you, this was the day after I got carts and back up cashiered twice. It doesn't matter that I took extra time to find all those granola bars or actually clean shelves. From now on, I'm all about cutting time. So, if you are buying food at my Target from now on, check your own dates.

Just wanted to stop by here and say that I put a TM on a cca yesterday because he wasn’t using FIFO... in granola bars. Literally put expired product on the shelf and walked away. His excuse? He was trying to “get it done in time.” Sorry, dude. Thems the rules.
And yet you would have put that same TM on cca for not getting done in time even though he would have said he was too slow because he was doing FIFO. So, other that figuring out how to bend the fabric of space/time, how could he have avoided getting in trouble?

And yet you would have put that same TM on cca for not getting done in time even though he would have said he was too slow because he was doing FIFO. So, other that figuring out how to bend the fabric of space/time, how could he have avoided getting in trouble?

He could follow best practices?

They work. The work is doable in the time alotted if the entire team follows practice. The problem is that team members don't follow best practices. They dick around and take 20 minute fifteens and show up late and spend a quarter of their shift bitching about management instead of just doing their damn jobs.

There is zero reason shit can't get done on time. It is 100% possible. I have TMs that tell me pushing 6 sorted u boats in 6 hours (PLUS breaks) is too much...when it is work that should take 4 hours to do.

They work. The work is doable in the time alotted if the entire team follows practice. The problem is that team members don't follow best practices. They dick around and take 20 minute fifteens and show up late and spend a quarter of their shift bitching about management instead of just doing their damn jobs.

There is zero reason shit can't get done on time. It is 100% possible. I have TMs that tell me pushing 6 sorted u boats in 6 hours (PLUS breaks) is too much...when it is work that should take 4 hours to do.

I disagree. You can't allot time for getting carts, back up cashiering, "Hey everyone, we're having a push party in softlines reshop!" These are all things that put me behind. Daily.

I disagree. You can't allot time for getting carts, back up cashiering, "Hey everyone, we're having a push party in softlines reshop!" These are all things that put me behind. Daily.

You aren't behind if leadership is asking you to do other things. Track your time and show your leader how much time you are workinng in other workcenters. If you stick on task the time alotted is generous.

You aren't behind if leadership is asking you to do other things. Track your time and show your leader how much time you are workinng in other workcenters. If you stick on task the time alotted is generous.

As if I'm "off task" by helping when I'm asked, told, to help. Nice. That's why, next time I set pogs or revisions in market, I check zero dates.

Spoken like a true bootlicker.

I’ve watched a TM spend fourteen minutes getting from the time clock to their work center. It’s not being a boot licker to acknowledge that there are varying levels of work ethic and entitlement in any large team.

That's a true statement. It's also true that Target sometimes has expectations that cannot be met. Something has to give. If it falls all on me to fifo product doing a revision, then that's where it gives. I won't do it anymore.

That's a true statement. It's also true that Target sometimes has expectations that cannot be met. Something has to give. If it falls all on me to fifo product doing a revision, then that's where it gives. I won't do it anymore.

If it falls on POG to do all the rotation, then the store isn't following best practices. That isn't the fault of the team member.

The hours are there and the work itself is doable with those hours. That doesn't mean that if you have shitty leadership it is possible for YOU personally to do the work.

Exactly. Our ETL did the same with SFS orders. Actually look everywhere for an item? You took too long looking for it, you should have INF’d it. Coaching/CCA. INF’d an item? You didn’t look for it long enough. Coaching/CCA. Welcome to Spot Catch-22. You can’t win whatever you do, because being a scapegoat is part of your Modernization core roles.

When I finally finished the lunchbox revision, took me 6 hours, I had over 100 boxes of outdated product. Some from back to July 2018.

Clearly, it's modern to have outdated product on the shelves.

Target, you can either pay at one end and give the stockers time to FIFO, or, pay at the other end by having me extend my time to do it and risk a guest buying it.

What a waste.
You can send the outdated granola bars my way! I'll eat them! Yummy! It's nothing poisonous. Just sugar, nuts, chocolate. Chocolate may be a bit stale but who cares when Target barely gives us hours and nothing is better than snacking on some granola bars after working out for 6-8 hours!😆

I agree. They need to give us more time to do our job the right way. When I do my job the right way, I get coached because I'm not "following directions." Target will learn when they get lawsuits.

When I shop at a real grocery store, I hardly find outdated food. And they would coupon fresh items two days ahead of the sell by date.

@unknown If this all true your ETLs sound like real jerks. If I was you I would ask, just to verify, if they want you to set WITHOUT checking dates. Then they will have to say yes or no. They say no? Well there you go, you’ve done your parts. Then if a leader wants to jump down your back about FIFO, well you were just following direction.
I started on flow team, and when we got around to pushing market, I was told not to FIFO. That’s what TM handbook says? Well we don’t do that. I knew it wasn’t right but I was following my leader’s direction. Sounds like you’re a good TM under bad leadership. To be fair, your ETLs may have been given the same kind of direction. Who knows hi high up that BS goes.
If they say no, then what you do is you call the municipal inspector to report a violation that the food establishment is selling out dated product.

Ours is 40 cartons an hour, including FIFO and complete zone. This is coming from my FBD. I hold my team to this. Do we always come out clean? Of course not. But I think it is a realistic expectation. The issues arise when leadership doesn’t recognize how much TMs might be doing thing like back up cashier or just helping guests on the sales floor.

I get this question all the time from TMs, and it is a legitimate one. I tell my team that expect them to strive for 40 cartons an hour, so they should always maintain efficiency (this means many things). However they are still on the sales floor and guests should definitely come first. It falls on the leadership in building to work together and either make some changes to ensure that TMs pushing truck are able to stay on task as much as possible to get truck done, OR they better have a plan for the next day because truck might now get done. Can’t prioritize tasks over guests. What I am saying is that it should never fall on a TM if they are working according to best practice and doing their job. Leadership should be in tune with what is happening on the sales floor and back room at all times. This doesn’t mean babysit or micromanage everyone and everything, but be aware.
I wish I can send this to my leaders. That's right! Have a plan when you fall behind. Key word: PLAN. Yet he doesn't have one. His solution is to hold the PA accountable and write up.

1 box a minute is totally different from 40 boxes an hour. And as you said, guests. The amount I often walk around helping just one guest is roughly the same distance as pfresh to lunchbox snacks and back a third of the way. How do you expect your team to do 40 boxes an hour when they get a walkie call to go from one end of the market area all the way to the other end for a guest, guest #2 spots your TM and waits patiently until guest #1 is done, wants help finding something that Google says Target carries but Target actually doesn't, leading to having to search if the item is actually in store and then having the guest argue that we must have it, and then on the way back to the task guest #3 stops the TM and asks for a box of cereal from the back room? It happens all over the rest of the store all the time, I doubt market is exempt from going back and forth a lot of guests, including a couple trips to the back room.
May I add, going to the back room to break down half of the FDC pallet just to get that one guest their item because either it is the old FDC schedule where truck gets in early but market team gets in at 8am or it's a new FDC schedule with truck scheduled for 10:30 am and the freeway is backed up due to traffic. I just hope all the SWIFT and HOGAN drivers quit driving Target trailers. Period. Then by the time I find the guest the item, they are long gone! A total waste of everything. That's why now, it's a no we don't have it. Maybe you should just order it online. I'm not breaking down a pallet to backup my own work then I will not be able to finish and get shit from my lead.

At least that was a legit CCA. Wish my lead would issue CCAs for not FIFOing especially the yogurt where always a TON of QMOS and he doesn't do anything about it. He has TMs assigned to the area. He should helicopter them every now and then. CCA them. The thing is he doesn't care how bad it is to throw away food.

I’ve been known to eat stuff in my panty a few months past the date, lol. Haven’t gotten food poisoning yet.

But yeah, if there’s over 100 boxes of outdated product, there’s an organizational problem.

May I add, going to the back room to break down half of the FDC pallet just to get that one guest their item because either it is the old FDC schedule where truck gets in early but market team gets in at 8am or it's a new FDC schedule with truck scheduled for 10:30 am and the freeway is backed up due to traffic. I just hope all the SWIFT and HOGAN drivers quit driving Target trailers. Period. Then by the time I find the guest the item, they are long gone! A total waste of everything. That's why now, it's a no we don't have it. Maybe you should just order it online. I'm not breaking down a pallet to backup my own work then I will not be able to finish and get shit from my lead.

Swift drivers and Hogan drivers SHOULD all quit! My store has been dealing with some shitty situations this past two weeks caused by them. We are actually out 1 pin lock, because one of the drivers crushed it like a fool. And that's not even the start of it

If it falls on POG to do all the rotation, then the store isn't following best practices. That isn't the fault of the team member.

The hours are there and the work itself is doable with those hours. That doesn't mean that if you have shitty leadership it is possible for YOU personally to do the work.

I am so glad you brought up best practices. If I look on workbench TODAY, it stares pog batches are not pulled by the setting person nor is that person responsible for the backstock. Now for question time.

Who is responsible for it? It doesn't say. So we are in limbo. We are told it's our responsibility to do both these, but given no extra hours to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back