Archived creepy guests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought about the woman stashing merchandise before. Abt that guy, I didn't give that any thought but as @target annie said, it's creepy that he was looking at me that long.

I forgot, there is another creepy guest at my store. He helped me with carts once (I got in trouble for that, btw) and after that, he always comes to my lane even if there are shorter lines. He comes to target 3 or 4 times a week and only buys like 1-3 items each time.

Idk if I already told you guys about this next incident before. I apologize if I have. But anyway, I was working one day and this huge guy came up to me and asked if we were hiring. I told him yes and I thought that was going to be the end of him. Fast forward about 45 minutes later and I finally clock out. I grab my purse and head to the clothing section to look for another work shirt to buy and I hear "ay" i didn't stop. I heard "excuse me!" I still didn't stop and he finally caught up to me and asked where he could find something (sry can't remember what he asked for). I told him I didn't know bc I'm still fairly new here and I'm just a cashier. So then, he says "Oh ok. But that wasn't the real reason I stopped you. I stopped you bc I like what I see." So by that point, I was like *sigh* inside, but still acting nice on the outside. Long story short, since I see I've already typed too much and there are way more disturbing details, he followed me around the store for one whole hour, calling it our first date. The only reason I didn't go home sooner is bc I didn't want him to see my car and have him waiting outside by it one day. That happened about 2 weeks ago. So a few days ago, I see him in target just walking around, so I go surround myself with other co-workers who are having a convo. He comes out of nowhere and takes my hand and holds on it for a long time. He is so creepy. I wish I never met him!!!

Report this and if he shows up again tell an ETL right away.
Make sure you have someone go with you out to your car when you leave.
These keychain batons are legal in most states and will slow down anyone who gets too close at least enough so you can run.
http://www.amazon.com/Expandable-Keychain-Steel-Defense-Baton/dp/B0051CNV80
It's a good investment.
Personally I'm a big fan of concealed carry but I know that isn't for everyone and some states make it almost impossible.

Every person should own pepper spray and a rape whistle just to be safe.
Never walk out alone ever.

Thanks everyone for the advice on the creepy stalker guy. I'm off tomorrow unless I get called in, so I will report is on Friday.

One of the regular guests at my store is the door greeter at Wal-Mart. They send him in a couple times a week (starting Sunday, to get ten copies of our ad...I've cut him down to two) and he poaches. He will hover around the service desk and if someone has a problem with something, he casually suggests they go to Wal-Mart. We've let our LODs know, but because he is "challenged", they won't do anything about it. After a couple of my cashiers asked to be relocated throughout the store because he made them uncomfortable with the staring and "hey, cutie" comments, one of my cashiers came up to me and told me he is a registered sex offender who lives in her neighborhood.

One of the regular guests at my store is the door greeter at Wal-Mart. They send him in a couple times a week (starting Sunday, to get ten copies of our ad...I've cut him down to two) and he poaches. He will hover around the service desk and if someone has a problem with something, he casually suggests they go to Wal-Mart. We've let our LODs know, but because he is "challenged", they won't do anything about it. After a couple of my cashiers asked to be relocated throughout the store because he made them uncomfortable with the staring and "hey, cutie" comments, one of my cashiers came up to me and told me he is a registered sex offender who lives in her neighborhood.

Let your ETLs, STL, and AP know so they can take appropriate action.

Oh...they know. But since it doesn't tell exactly what he did, they say they can't do anything. Especially since you can become a registered sex offender by being 18 and dating a 17 year old.

Like I said, the LODs know. I'm supposed to send all the cashiers who are uncomfortable when this guy comes in elsewhere. I hit the additional assistance button, switched out my cashiers with sales floor, and got coached. I'm just waiting on a decent LOD to walk through the doors...they exist, right?

Like I said, the LODs know. I'm supposed to send all the cashiers who are uncomfortable when this guy comes in elsewhere. I hit the additional assistance button, switched out my cashiers with sales floor, and got coached. I'm just waiting on a decent LOD to walk through the doors...they exist, right?

My store's LODs are alright, other than Friday's closing LOD putting me in A with little sales floor experience lol. Make sure they're aware of the problems they will end up having if they don't do something (but sound concerned, not threatening).

Don't wait for something to happen.
Being passive makes people like this feel that they can do as they wish.
A clear set of expected behavior should be laid out to him and if he steps over it then he has to leave.
If he's been in the system he understands the idea of consequences and so should your ETLs.

Has anyone tried calling WalMart and ask what their motive for sending sex offenders to Target is?

I've only had a few weird encounters... The most I usually get is, "What are you doing after you get off?" or "What are you up to this weekend?" out of nowhere (usually from older women)...

The weirdest I have ever occur was when I was 17 and a dude came up to the electronics counter and leaned up and asked "How old are you?" and when I told him he said, "Ew, nevermind..."

I've never had full on stalkers like some of the other posters here :p

One of our techs has a MAJOR stalker....the funny thing is that she's the oldest one and least attractive and her stalker is about 85! LOL!!!

I've only had a few weird encounters... The most I usually get is, "What are you doing after you get off?" or "What are you up to this weekend?" out of nowhere (usually from older women)...

The weirdest I have ever occur was when I was 17 and a dude came up to the electronics counter and leaned up and asked "How old are you?" and when I told him he said, "Ew, nevermind..."

I've never had full on stalkers like some of the other posters here :p

That seemed to be the right answer lol If he was like 21+ Id be a tad worried.

I was involved with someone for a very short time. I decided to get uninvolved after he told me he steals stuff from my store. In fact I told AP on him. Afterward, he would come in and follow me around and stare at my junk. AP would tell me to hide in the backroom or the breakroom until he left. Last time I saw him in the store he was with his boyfriend and they were both eying me up. AP told them point blank they cannot be anywhere around me. Never saw them again...

...until I came home from work one day and my friend was having a get-together in our apartment building. I open her apartment door and he is sitting on the couch with my friend's friend. I quickly go into the kitchen with my friend, tell her "That's my stalker!" and quickly walk down the hall and up the stairs to my apartment and lock the door. He always seems to hang out at the clubs downtown too. My boyfriend nicknamed him "HEY BUDDDDY!" after what he said to me when he saw me at one of them a few months ago. Needless to say, clubs are not my thing!

Honestly, one of our cart guys gives me the creeps....he's older (I'd say late 40's/early 50's) and ogles all the women that walk by him....especially the young ones :bad:

I don't want to be alarmist but a coworker of my daughters was abducted at gunpoint from her job so if you feel uncomfortable enough -- you should mention it to the LOD or AP.
In the case of my daughter's friend, the security cameras showed her leaving the building with the man holding her.
Please if something like this ever happens, don't leave.
Yell, scream, even if you think it will get you shot.
There is very little chance that you will get away if you go with them.
My daughter carries a 9mm Glock17 so I'm not too worried but I know that isn't an option for everyone.
Don't just laugh off the really creepy people.
If someone makes you truly uncomfortable, take that feeling seriously.

They found my daughters friend.
She was in a lake and was found when the ice started to melt.
I can't say it strongly enough ...
If someone creeps you out tell someone, if they point a weapon at you don't go with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back