Archived creepy guests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a 20 year old male, and old men seem to like being near me.

STOP PUTTING YOUR HAND ON MY SHOULDER.

STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS FROM RIGHT BEHIND ME.

I don't want to shake your hand this isn't a bloody deal, I just showed you where to find the right items.

One of the female CA's went to clear the restroom check indyme in the men's room while I was on lunch...

She knocked on the door, yelled housekeeping and asked if anyone was in there...

Guy shouted back, "Yea, come on in sweetie, my rearend needs some housekeeping!"

I seriously cracked up at this! One time at a restaurant my elderly grandmother walked into the men's restroom on accident. She quickly realized when a man said "Well, Hello there ma'am. Come to help out and get a view?" Needless to say, after that incident we would walk her to the women's restroom when going to a new place. :D

As a female PA who typically is the only person who leaves right before the store closes, I usually walk to my car alone ("waiting for another TM" is all fine and dandy but not when you're the only person who gets off in a thirty minute radius in either direction). I'm usually good but I have asked the CA to walk me out on occasion when there were some rowdy guys in the area of my car. I've always felt very supported in terms of getting help when I ask for it...most of our leadership are very safety-conscious; they'll lock all the doors right after closing and won't let you out unless someone is with you or watching you. And we're not even in a high-crime rate area.

The creepiest guest I have ever encountered was this guy who said "You don't want to know" when I asked CIHYFS. He then asked if the store was hiring, then said he might apply, "If it means I get to work with you." I'm a 17-year-old guy and he was old enough to be my dad.

The same shift I had a woman talk my ear off for no less than 15 minutes about the A Cappella team at a certain university after I mentioned I was applying there.

- I've had many guests ask me what size I wear, or to hold things up to myself because their daughter, or sister, or girlfriend or wife was "about my size"
*One guy did ask my to try something on to see if it would look good on his wife.
- One guest (obviously a drug addict) said "you look kinda good girl, can I have your number?" (uuuuhhh, thanks? And, absolutely not)
- Another guest gave me the "high five" gesture, and when I gave him said high five, he wouldn't let go of my hand.
- A man saw that I was wearing a bow in my hair, and said to me in a baby voice, "Aww dat's da cutest widdle bow, did your mommy put bows in your hair when you were a widdle girl?" ***puke***

Last edited:
I keep having guests...sometimes kids, sometimes adults...slapping my butt as they pass by me >.<

Last edited:
I keep having guests...sometimes kids, sometimes adults...slapping my butt as they pass by me >.<

hA8519E0D

And annoying...apparently I'm quite good at hiding the fact that I'm annoyed or pissed off, though, 'cause everyone I know at work always points out the fact that I never seem to be in a bad mood.

I've seen two responses to butt slapping that warmed my father of daughters, raised a feminist, heart.

A waitress friend in a restaurant I worked at dumped a tray of food and drinks into a drunk assholes lap when he smacked her on the ass.
And a sundress, hippie chick in an elevator hit a guy in the nose with her elbow so hard I heard his nose snap.
I was ready to grab him if he tried to do anything else but that was the end of it.

I wouldn't recommenced either of those methods under most circumstances but do say something (when an adult does it) to your AP person.

Last edited:
Sadly, I'm still not confident enough in my job to say anything about it. That, and by the time I turn around, the person's gone.

If it was your STL or something I might understand being hesitant to go to AP, but guests? No AP TM/TL/ETL I know of would do anything but try to help. AP also has cameras everywhere, if you know the time and the aisle they're perfectly capable of figuring out which guest is making unwanted sexual advances (which is what's happening).

I'm actually slightly scared of our AP guy. No actual reason, he's a super nice guy and I get along great with him, he just looks scary. Maybe if I have him hang around me a bit while I work, people would stay away :p

Well, I lived in Los Angeles for a few years, it was even more common there, among other, much creepier acts.

I had a guest ask me where he could find something.

This was while I was using the bathroom.

That's a situation where the tilt of the head and a long, cold stare with slow blinks is called for.
Most people will get the point at the 15 second mark, others will take longer.

I gave him this look.​ And then told him where it was.

Doesn't your store have a separate restroom for team members?

We do...it's in the back, though...so those of us in the front have no use for it. And honestly, after a year and a half there, I don't even know where it is! (Though I have a guess).

Doesn't your store have a separate restroom for team members?

Yeah, my store is the same as Retail Girl's. We have the one up in front of the checklanes for guests. The other one for team members is right near the fire tunnel.

ours is the same...I have used it a couple of times...in dire emergencies because it smells like guys and quite often is a urine soaked mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back