Archived creepy guests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commie, I'm so sorry for your daughter & her friend's family.
They're in my thoughts & prayers.

here's some that has happened to me

This old man came to my lane while I was back up cashiering: He's like dang. If only I was 50 years younger. I'm 78 now, but man if I was your age, you and I would be real goof friends. I just know it. You'd be better than my wife. We've been married for 52 years now.

This guest walked past me and another TM while we are on our lunch and getting food: She walked past me and said "You Go!"

One night there was this old lady who kept walking around softlines, yelling, well more like whispering, "Heather" "Heather" "no, Karen" and then proceeded to head into the FR. She came out, continued to whisper-yell and left. We think she was on Meth, and I found a Chi package in the FR she went in. Thanks Lady

This guy around my age came up and told me that if the wind blew just right, he would get a hard-on. Thanks to my AP-TL for taking care of that one fore me.

When I was a casheir one day while I had a pretty large line an elderly man told me I have a beautiful chest at which point I started ringing twice as fast so I could send him on his way. Then he asks if he can touch it! (My chest that is) I was like no, not gonna happen and stopped talking. He then tried to tell me he was sorry if I was uncomfortable and said he was just playing around. Riggggghhhtttt.

When I was a casheir one day while I had a pretty large line an elderly man told me I have a beautiful chest at which point I started ringing twice as fast so I could send him on his way. Then he asks if he can touch it! (My chest that is) I was like no, not gonna happen and stopped talking. He then tried to tell me he was sorry if I was uncomfortable and said he was just playing around. Riggggghhhtttt.

Ha, I once had a guest who was elderly, 80s or so with his wife. After I finished his transaction his wife took the bags, he hung back to tell me something.

"You keep your eyes off my wife if you know whats good for ya" while shaking his finger at me...definitely an awkward situation

Had a guest tell me the night of 2008 election that "we voted for the right candidate". Um, lady, I voted for Mickey Mouse. Did you, too??

Had a guy almost pass out while I looked up the clinic number...had my hand on my walkie the whole time in case I needed to call the LOD. He seemed fine after talking to the clinic...

My personal favorite was my first Christmas as a cashier. I had a lady tell me that she'd pray for me and hoped I'd find religion, then said "MERRY CHRISTMAS" very loudly. Lady, I'm a Lutheran.

Ha, I once had a guest who was elderly, 80s or so with his wife. After I finished his transaction his wife took the bags, he hung back to tell me something.

"You keep your eyes off my wife if you know whats good for ya" while shaking his finger at me...definitely an awkward situation

Reminds me of a lady that came through Express one time. One of our minor cashiers was next to me and she told the lady how cute her baby boy was. Lady freaked out at her for it.

I have so many creepy guest stories haha, which I am sure everyone does and here is one of them. I was helping with returns at the service desk and this man who was about 30+ years older than me was returning compression shorts. First creepy thing he asked me if I was a midget or just a short person...then proceeded to flirt with me. Then he asked me if his compression shorts would be worth more if he wore them. GROSS!!!! After all this he says "tell your husband I said hi" which confused the crap outta me cuz I'm not married so naturally I said "I dont have a husband". I just figured he had me confused with someone else then he goes, so why do wear that ring on your finger, is it to play games? You like to play games? then the convo went even more creepy when I explained to him that my ring is a purity ring LOL.

There was that one lady who thought I was on INTERPOL's Most Wanted website. I've had many weird/creepy/surreal moments but that one takes the cake. What was funny is at the end of the conversation she said "Okay, you look a lot like him. I'll bring in a picture when I'm here again." It was the final day before a long LOA. I really hope she came in and asked someone for me and they told her "He booked out of here."

I don't want to be alarmist but a coworker of my daughters was abducted at gunpoint from her job so if you feel uncomfortable enough -- you should mention it to the LOD or AP.
In the case of my daughter's friend, the security cameras showed her leaving the building with the man holding her.
Please if something like this ever happens, don't leave.
Yell, scream, even if you think it will get you shot.
There is very little chance that you will get away if you go with them.
My daughter carries a 9mm Glock17 so I'm not too worried but I know that isn't an option for everyone.
Don't just laugh off the really creepy people.
If someone makes you truly uncomfortable, take that feeling seriously.

You're right. My sister works inside a store Pharmacy when she started to notice a customer who would hang around the area whenever she worked. One night she was heading toward her car when she noticed the man parked right next to her. She went back inside the store and called us to pick her up. That night she explained to us that the supervisors and LOss Prevention had been keeping an eye on her and that this ha been going on for a couple of weeks.
Like others have said, if you feel umcomfortable speak up! AP might be there to keep an eye on people who steal but they can also be there for safety reasons.

You're right. My sister works inside a store Pharmacy when she started to notice a customer who would hang around the area whenever she worked. One night she was heading toward her car when she noticed the man parked right next to her. She went back inside the store and called us to pick her up. That night she explained to us that the supervisors and LOss Prevention had been keeping an eye on her and that this ha been going on for a couple of weeks.
Like others have said, if you feel umcomfortable speak up! AP might be there to keep an eye on people who steal but they can also be there for safety reasons.

In a way, I thank god that our CA is usually out collecting carts whenever I go out to my car at night (not that he could really DO anything because he weighs about 115 soaking wet), but at least there's SOMEONE else out there...

We use to have a "Target Stalker" that came in regularly, we called him Buddy. He was nasty and always targeted (no pun) the young cashiers. One of my friends had him follow her home after work. I told her she was lucky that he just followed her and she should have gone to the Police station. She eventually quit mainly because of him. After that whenever he came in he would get surrounded by red until he left. One time he yelled at the GSTL that this was harassment, she don't him "fine go to Walmart from now on." He hasn't been back for a couple years now, I hope he's moved on. Oh and we did notify the police about him, they warned him to stay away from the girl he had followed, but that was all. This is a classic example of why Target doesn't allow their tms to go to their cars at night alone.

We actually had an AP-LOD who was pretty muscular, good looking but a dou$he with a large, overflowing ego, stalk a girl in the store. By stalk I mean he would watch her on the security camera. She worked guest services and he would find any excuse to leave the AP office and go chat with her. It ended with her filing a complaint and quitting because she was so uncomfortable.

My first week working at Target I was informed of some Team Member who apparently had his 'eye on me' because of my large chest. I went to my supervisor who directed me to an AP where I filed a complaint. I get enough stares from the rude general public, I don't need it from co-workers.

The same co-worker who informed me of the creep who wanted my chest used to also text me photos of his dick and ask for nudes from me. He was about 38 and I was 18.
I never reported him but I should've..
Shortly before I left I mentioned it to a supervisor and that's all.

You should've told him that you saved the photos &, if he continued, you'd be showing them to leadership.
If he persisted, you then should've gone to your ETL-HR & shown them the photos & texts.
He then would've been shown the door.

You should've told him that you saved the photos &, if he continued, you'd be showing them to leadership.
If he persisted, you then should've gone to your ETL-HR & shown them the photos & texts.
He then would've been shown the door.

I was afraid to do anything because my mom told me that I shouldn't report these things or I'd be a 'trouble maker' and got really mad at me for reporting the guy who wanted my chest. I pretty much just gave up after that. She said we just have to 'tolerate' it and no nothing. So I did nothing. :/

I was afraid to do anything because my mom told me that I shouldn't report these things or I'd be a 'trouble maker' and got really mad at me for reporting the guy who wanted my chest. I pretty much just gave up after that. She said we just have to 'tolerate' it and no nothing. So I did nothing. :/

As a dad with daughters, who taught them to shoot when they were 12 and not take drek from anybody, I can't say as I'm a big fan of your moms advice.
Please do not tolerate being treated like a piece of meat, nobody has the right to do that to you.
There many ways I disagree with Spot but one thing I think they handle pretty well is sexual harassment.
Speak up and they will land on the bastard like a ton of bricks and he will frelling well deserve it.

Last edited:
As a dad with daughters, who taught them to shoot when they were 12 and not take drek from anybody, I can't say as I'm a big fan of your moms advice.
Please do not tolerate being treated like a piece of meat, nobody has the right to do that to you.
There many ways I disagree with Spot but one thing I think they handle pretty well is sexual harassment.
Speak up and they will land on the bastard like a ton of bricks and he will frelling well deserve it.

commie--Thank you for posting this. How terrible that young women are still being taught to "play nice" instead of being taught how to protect themselves.

Too bad you didn't work at my store, I'd of punched the jerk in the face. I have a zero tolerance policy on that stuff, it's a short step from harassment to rape. Do yourself a favor, protect yourself in the future and don't worry about some hourly job.

Not completely related, but seems appropriate, as a friend of mine in the military used to say, "There's a lot of stuff that sucks, but that death, it's a MFer" (edited obviously).

Too bad you didn't work at my store, I'd of punched the jerk in the face. I have a zero tolerance policy on that stuff, it's a short step from harassment to rape. Do yourself a favor, protect yourself in the future and don't worry about some hourly job.

Not completely related, but seems appropriate, as a friend of mine in the military used to say, "There's a lot of stuff that sucks, but that death, it's a MFer" (edited obviously).

Well, it's what's supporting me right now.. I need this job so I'm hoping that this new position at a different store will be better. I can't afford to lose my job or my kitten and I would go hungry. =p

Well, it's what's supporting me right now.. I need this job so I'm hoping that this new position at a different store will be better. I can't afford to lose my job or my kitten and I would go hungry. =p

I completely understand that, but in all seriousness, look out for yourself.

When I was in the military I saw several women simply "deal with" rape, not sexual harassment, rape. Don't compromise your body, your sense of self-worth, or your dignity. You're a human being, you deserve respect, don't take BS like this.

Its one thing to walk around with sandals and socks on but when your socks are crusty as crusty the clown we have problems.one day I was stocking produce and I was doing my thing when this guest ask me you help her, so I did, then I noticed those old dirty crusty brown stained socks some how holding/wrapping around three sandals.I've never never seen socks like that, looks like they hadn't been washed since the cold war

Ugh, I had a creepy guy today! I asked him how he was doing, and his response was "If I was doing any better, I'd be you!" Weirdo.

One of the female CA's went to clear the restroom check indyme in the men's room while I was on lunch...

She knocked on the door, yelled housekeeping and asked if anyone was in there...

Guy shouted back, "Yea, come on in sweetie, my rearend needs some housekeeping!"

We also have an older gentleman who has come in to use the restroom... He sits in a stall with the open door. Don't know if he can't close the stall door or does it for kicks, but when he's in there... I call AP just in case. Really don't want to make conversation with a pooping stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back