Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
The three most common health problems - high cholesterol, diabetes type II & hypertension - can be managed with exercise/diet in the majority of cases.
However there's many more problems that HAVE to be managed with medication; conditions that used to be debilitating can be controlled well enough to have a better quality of life.
Granted, there are lots of folks who'd rather 'chuck a pill' than address the root problem but many have no choice.

As someone who would be totally screwed without my meds, I tend to get frustrated with blanket statements concerning drugs.
Especially when it's suggested that the real solution is to just have a healthy lifestyle.
It would be great if my epilepsy gave a shit if I eat my greens but it just doesn't.
Sure, taking care of himself is important but when my friend has an attack from his Chrones, drugs are the only way he is going to function.
Maybe it's because I've been taking medication for most of my life but I wish folks would realize how many of us wouldn't be around without them.
The three most common health problems - high cholesterol, diabetes type II & hypertension - can be managed with exercise/diet in the majority of cases.
However there's many more problems that HAVE to be managed with medication; conditions that used to be debilitating can be controlled well enough to have a better quality of life.
Granted, there are lots of folks who'd rather 'chuck a pill' than address the root problem but many have no choice.

Yup, I have Asthma and going to "run it off" is not exactly possible.

It's sad what a pill dependent country this has become. People would rather pop a pill then make healthier choices. Pathetic.

@FlowChick what a rude thing to say. Is that what you tell a type I diabetic? You should have made a better choice and you wouldn't need insulin? Or to the chronic pain patient, "You shouldn't have had that car almost kill you so you don't need pain meds to stand up straight." Or the Hyper or Hypothyroid patients oh your thyroid isn't working if you just eat better it would work right..

Walk a mile in their shoes.. Or mine and learn what pain really is..

Last edited:
So, this will cut into store sales, shoving some into a different org chart, etc. We generally need pharmacy to make up our sales so we hit goal. Will corporate take out the correct amount or expect us to sell more crap to make up for it? And we all know, a smaller sales forecast will mean less hours! Fabulous.

So, this will cut into store sales, shoving some into a different org chart, etc. We generally need pharmacy to make up our sales so we hit goal. Will corporate take out the correct amount or expect us to sell more crap to make up for it? And we all know, a smaller sales forecast will mean less hours! Fabulous.
I'm hoping that corporate is going to adjust forecasts and org charts.

Knowing corporate they wont. This ls the perfect excuse to further cut hours.
I know it's probably asinine to argue this point since we all know that many times HQ makes decisions that do not make sense at the store level, but I'll say it anyway: We are losing the pharmacy -Rx sales to CVS, but we are still retaining the foot traffic in stores. Pharmacy already has separate payroll from the store, so no matter the pharmacy volume, there should be no net effect on storeside payroll. How often does any store use hours to backup at the pharmacy? Not too often unless something major has gone wrong, like a failed rollout. Selling off the pharmacy business to CVS should allow us to still reap the benefit of increased foot traffic while shedding a macro-level unprofitable business division.

I know it's probably asinine to argue this point since we all know that many times HQ makes decisions that do not make sense at the store level, but I'll say it anyway: We are losing the pharmacy -Rx sales to CVS, but we are still retaining the foot traffic in stores. Pharmacy already has separate payroll from the store, so no matter the pharmacy volume, there should be no net effect on storeside payroll. How often does any store use hours to backup at the pharmacy? Not too often unless something major has gone wrong, like a failed rollout. Selling off the pharmacy business to CVS should allow us to still reap the benefit of increased foot traffic while shedding a macro-level unprofitable business division.
Most of the pharmacy guests at my store hate cvs. They choose target because of the lower costs and generally better service. We will loose foot traffic because now many guest will have 1 less excuse to shop here. So yes this will in the end lead to a cut in hours albeit indirectly. Many of our loyal regulars are going to be pissed, my dad one of them.

If this ended up hurting anyone (besides Target Pharmacy TMs/ETLs etc. who I imagine if they WANTED to work for CVS would be there) than it would hurt CVS. Target isn't paying a dime, and instead is getting $2 Billion as well as rent.

If it fails, I would imagine it would hurt CVS far more than Target.

I just hope that this was done, so Target can get back to focus on what it WAS known for, and improving its stores, etc..

I'd have no problem if there were laws to protect pharmacies and grocery stores just like there are laws to protect liquor stores.

This is super awesome! let's face it. Target's pharmacys run at bare minimum and they are subjected to being fast fun and friendly... But pharmacists need to be detailed and not rushed. Target subjects them to metrics and red cards. I was reading something about this a few years ago, about how they were trying to pass laws against this.. Obvs they didn't. Some states you legally can't use your discount or get savings by using your red card.

Anyways, cvs is a professional, corporate has shown that it prides its customers health before money, I.e they no longer sell cigarettes. They staff their pharmacy accordingly, unlike ours which cuts wherever they can.
This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've read all day! CVS is NOTORIOUS in the "pharmacy world" for their metrics, low hours, and poor treatment of their staff! Guess who WAS considered one of the "best" pharmacies to work for?
Wonder if we're gonna start selling CVS-branded OTCs now. All those pseudoephedrine medicines behind the counter; will they be Up and Up or CVS brand? Will the OTCs on the floor be Up & Up or CVS? Will guests be able to purchase other stuff at the register? Interesting how this will work out.
PSE products will most likely be CVS brand, other OTC products will not.

AFA purchasing other items, that remains to be seen.

My stl said that org charts/store volume classifications do not take pharmacy business into account...someone else can correct me if I'm wrong. (Because if they did we'd be a higher org chart or volume at my store)

I imagine CVS will be responsible for supplying everything within the pharmacy walls including register paper (the registers will be CVS registers apparently) & bags. Hope they have the opportunity/incentives to use the Target prescription bottles that our guests are used to and really like.

One thing we can't figure out is how we will handle keeping cash in the register. Will we have to deal with brinks and having our own safe? Will the gsas still stock our registers?

I really think they needed some sort of general game plan to calm us down...we'be handled it pretty well at my store, but I'm sure there are tons of people ready to jump ship. It would have been nice to know what the roll out timing is expected to be, how they will handle the installation of CVS shit, and if we're being shipped off to other cvs locations while the pharmacies transition. And a definitive answer as to whether or not we can stay at our original location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back