Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought CVS can't close a pharmacy (without Target's approval) for a rather short window, something like one year, but I haven't heard much in the way of info for that in months.

As far as the CVS rewards system, I checked their website to see what it is all about. We can't reasonably push anyone to sign up in my area, as no guest is going to want to collect points for a drug store they will have to drive hours to get to. The specifics list that the points/discounts cannot be used on prescriptions or pseudoephedrine, so there really won't be any way to utilise them with us either.

I agree that there is a lot of information that we're not being given, but I don't forsee us receiving that information in the 7 days that we have to accept or decline. Yesterday morning I received a "You & CVS at Target" document that was 9 printed pages. It covered every aspect of the transition from Target's side. In contrast, the offer letter from CVS only had my title and hourly rate of pay...oh wait! And also a notice about being an at will employee that can be termed at any time and for any reason!! I would never abandon my pharmacy team, but I'm definitely preparing resume.
I thought CVS can't close a pharmacy (without Target's approval) for a rather short window, something like one year, but I haven't heard much in the way of info for that in months.

As far as the CVS rewards system, I checked their website to see what it is all about. We can't reasonably push anyone to sign up in my area, as no guest is going to want to collect points for a drug store they will have to drive hours to get to. The specifics list that the points/discounts cannot be used on prescriptions or pseudoephedrine, so there really won't be any way to utilise them with us either.
yep same here, no cvs around so what good is the rewards program that can't be used? And if they want us to push it like they wanted us to push Target's program...
I don't know anything about cvs's rewards system, but I do wonder in areas where CVS exists how this will impact Target. Guest comes to CVS in Target for rx, gets some form of reward that can't be used at Target so goes to the CVS store where it can be used and buys a product from CVS that Target also sells because they can use the reward.... It may not be a lot of sales, but it will be some, will rent + traffic make up for it?

I heard a rumor CVS might shut down some locations inside some Targets...is this true?
As soon as they contractually can, I'm sure they will close some. If a Target location is operating at a loss and shows no sign of changing, Target had an incentive to have it open. CVS however will have no incentive to keep it open once their contact lets them close it...

Much like all else, information is not consistent. When I pressed "3" on the call and asked questions they informed me as of yesterday, Wednesday, December 2nd (the day I called) that that did not have any information on minimum, maximum, or average hours for any positions within any of the stores. I asked about both technicians and pharmacists before being told that they didn't have information for anyone stating that we would know in one week "once you are on our team" (apparently they are confident acquisition will occur very soon). Only one question I had was answered, and that concerned visible tattoos, as in my area more than half the staff at my pharmacy and ones surrounding have visible tattoos. For anyone else concerned, it's not a problem.

Soooo....was my district the only one that got the email?

10 more days, y'all. The end is near.

As a side note, we were told that no stores would close until a year passes, and only if they fail to raise script count (/possibly profits?) by a certain percentage. We heard 12%.

I had to call the offer acceptance # back and hit 3 to speak with someone. I was told the deal is set to close the 11th

No clue if it was accurate, but that's what she said

There were CVS reps in mine on.. Tuesday? asking for the AP ETL and the STL.

The only thing I know is that our official last day is the 15th, and conference calls are happening the few days after that. Makes sense if the deal is closing the 11th.

So are there going to be days in which a lot of stores won't have pharmacies during the transition? Are Target stores going to have the CVS name/logo on the big sign? Will it say CVS pharmacy? My store has been very quiet about it but i can tell that the pharmacy team members are pissed. It's understandable considering they're getting screwed. Every time I walk by the pharmacy, it's downerville.

There is not supposed to be any time any pharmacies close. Transitioning that can't be done during business hours will be down before or after. Transitioning will be gradual in phases and not all stores will do things at the same time. I am assuming signs both in and outside the store will be very soon, probably as soon as the deal closes. So I expect them to show up by the end of next week at the latest. Our CVS dress code goes in effect the day after we close and we are to switch to CVS name badges as soon as the close is announced, could be the 11th, the 15th, no certainty on specifics but all signs point to soon. Changes will be fast one the deal closes. Not looking forward to most of it either.

We were told the same, register won't change we will be on Target's system for cash register. We will still take red cards and be able to ring up anything in the store. I think this will cause major issues, CVS registers are linked to their computer system so it will be interesting. CVS employees also clock in through the register, so we will be on a different system than everyone else.

We were told the same, register won't change we will be on Target's system for cash register. We will still take red cards and be able to ring up anything in the store. I think this will cause major issues, CVS registers are linked to their computer system so it will be interesting. CVS employees also clock in through the register, so we will be on a different system than everyone else.
Very strange...how are they going to separate the sales. I guessing target will get a percent of every RX sale...if they're using Targets system

Not sure. I'm sure they can keep track of what is just rx sales. Target is already getting 25 mil a year in rent from them, I would doubt they'll get a % of prescription sales too but I don't know. Personally I think it's BS we still have to ring up Target shit. I certainly will no longer off and will start saying no when I am busy. I rarely do that now, but I will do more once I am cvs' bitch and no longer Targets

Very strange...how are they going to separate the sales. I guessing target will get a percent of every RX sale...if they're using Targets system
Not sure. I'm sure they can keep track of what is just rx sales. Target is already getting 25 mil a year in rent from them, I would doubt they'll get a % of prescription sales too but I don't know. Personally I think it's BS we still have to ring up Target shit. I certainly will no longer off and will start saying no when I am busy. I rarely do that now, but I will do more once I am cvs' bitch and no longer Targets
There are costs related to every sale, transaction fees for debit and credit, hours for cash counting... Along with costs related to the transfer of funds from one corp to the other... I doubt target will write all that off so as long as we use targets systems there will probably be something being paid to them for those services.

I would think they would just deduct fees associated from their sales from them. I have a feeling it may not last long anyways before they realize that they need their own registers for their system to work. Only time will tell. We'll have to see how big of a disaster it is once they start transitioning software which won't be immediate due to Target's 4th quarter policies regarding system changes since the big data breech

Not exactly the same, but target optical uses the same registers and they seem to be functioning fine.

We have stores that have continuous cashier coverage in the pharmacy just for all the walk up non-prescription purchases. Since these come from the cashier budget (it's in MyTime under pharmacy cashier and is a different part of payroll than technician pay which is factored by different metrics) we don't know yet what will happen to provide coverage in these cases. These won't be CVS guests, so we can't imagine CVS footing the payroll to ring up Target merchandise.

It would be smarter with CVS if they just had their own registers....it seems too confusing having CVS run on Targets registers.

I wonder if Target is going to let CVS team members in the break room and in TSC or are they SOL?

Last edited:
It would be smarter with CVS just had their home registers....it seems too confusing having CVS run on Targets registers.

I wonder if Target is going to let CVS team members in the break room and in TSC or are they SOL?

It has been stated in today's communication that CVS colleagues will not be allowed to use Target breakroom. CVS colleagues may use Food Ave, Starbucks, or the pharmacy itself. For stores that do not have the first two, I feel bad for the CVS teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back