Archived Cyber Monday madness, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Neutron

“Gotta Blast!”
I must have done about 180 OPU orders today!! All coincidentally for the same item too... beats headphones, like every single guest ordered a pair some along with other things, some just the beats alone! Also had one OPU full of like 18 items of women’s clothing that order slowed me down a lot and kept hearing my LOD saying “GOAL APPROACHING LETS GET MOVING!” Ugh what a crazy stressful day. Wish for just once I can have an easy day as a cashier.

We had OPU orders dropping every 15 seconds during the lunch hour. I'm honestly amazed I didn't get pulled to help with any of that, probably because they ran out of carts, lol. At one point I was literally stuck in receiving with no way out, sfs packing one way, freight & vendors the other.

Oh look clothes

INF
I wish I could INF clothing items but our TLs would rather us take the time to really find it even if we have to dig through repack boxes that just came off the truck, resulting in missed goals. I must have INF only 3 items today and I know damn well they’ll chew me out for that tomorrow

Well, a SFS tm walked in at 1:30pm with 1,280 picks to do still.

That’s just terrible!! We got about 320 picks this morning and luckily I had backup helping me out

We had OPU orders dropping every 15 seconds during the lunch hour. I'm honestly amazed I didn't get pulled to help with any of that, probably because they ran out of carts, lol. At one point I was literally stuck in receiving with no way out, sfs packing one way, freight & vendors the other.

LOL I can still hear the notifications in my head

The last few days they've assigned a specific Softlines TM to help our SFS people find clothing. it's been awful.

We lost one of our "dedicated owners" to do this overnight. And we can't fill those shifts, we have to "absorb" that zone. 🙄

We still had 1200 for today when I left at 5. We had all our pack stations at goal efficiency so it definitely wasn’t the store’s fault. Plus hundreds of flexies.

Do you guys have room for all your picks? Our back of guest services which was expanded 2 years ago is 90% organized chaos with 10% being larger items all over the floor with a single designation of L1. It is hard to maneuver around all the items on the floors especially if you have a larger item out of one of the bins or shelves on the far side of the room.
We have another set labeled BRZ (back room Z) which is just 3 TL offices overrun with items for the most part labeled. As long as there are 2 or more GS members working, it is just easier to go to that back room and spend 5+ minutes finding the item in that area.

2-minute goal is stupid AF for drive-up, esp. when the stupid guest hits "on my way" in the parking lot immediately followed by "I'm here."
It takes me a whole minute to grab the shit the untrained OPU people put in the wrong hold space, climb over 60 bullshit boxes bc not enough hold space; then another minute to walk out, wait for idiots driving 30 MPH through the parking lot to not stop, fail at scanning their barcode because the stupid camera on this shitty Android phone won't focus, switch to myGO instead, have them verify it's all there, and ahhhhhh shit, goal missed.

Can someone help me understand the goal approaching metric and INF? INF shad to be below .8 percent....? And goal approaching —-> how do you know if the order you’re doing versus someone else is the one it’s approaching for? Is goal more important for flexes versus SFS?

INF should be low. Every INF you do inconveniences the guest and Target.com has to find it elsewhere, ship it, or cancel it.

Idk what you can use to see if goal is approaching for the order you're picking.

SFS is important, but that has a daily goal (put it to hold by the end of the day it arrived) as opposed to OPU/DU, which is 30-minutes from the drop, IIRC.

I guess Target did not factor in extra hours at GS today for all the order pickups. We needed an extra 2 people today, which we did not have, just to handle the order pickups on top of all the other stuff we needed to do. I was not about to overwork myself because of Targets lack of foresight.

So many empty sfs carts blocking the back wall of market. Why are there so many empty sfs carts. I thought it was cyber Monday.

Our INFs have been incredibily high lately since we gave flex more hours to be able to do it rather than having a backroom and opu pick person. If they don’t immediately see it, it gets INF’d, which I don’t understand considering when they’d make me do OPU, I’d have to jump through so many hoops to INF: call LOD, check reshop at GS and the lanes, Rfid gun, partner with that area’s tm again, call LOD again and prove that I went through that entire search process and finally they’d sigh and go “INF it, I guess.....”

I can’t tell you how many guests came up to Guest Service yesterday mad about their order being cancelled due to it being out of stock/ INF and finding multiple of the item on the floor. We obviously just price matched it for them, but c’monnnnnn

Our INFs have been incredibily high lately since we gave flex more hours to be able to do it rather than having a backroom and opu pick person. If they don’t immediately see it, it gets INF’d, which I don’t understand considering when they’d make me do OPU, I’d have to jump through so many hoops to INF: call LOD, check reshop at GS and the lanes, Rfid gun, partner with that area’s tm again, call LOD again and prove that I went through that entire search process and finally they’d sigh and go “INF it, I guess.....”

I can’t tell you how many guests came up to Guest Service yesterday mad about their order being cancelled due to it being out of stock/ INF and finding multiple of the item on the floor. We obviously just price matched it for them, but c’monnnnnn
Last week, I placed an order for an item I knew we had in stock only to receive a message to pick another form of delivery because it was out of stock. The next morning I walked right by the item and there were plenty of them.

Not sure if this is entirely relevant to the thread, but I worked a 7-10am SCO shift yesterday (Monday), and right around 9am no registers were accepting Red Card payments. Did this happen anywhere else? I guess we're lucky it didn't happen Black Friday, but Cyber Monday's not the ideal day for this to occur either. I left just as it was getting busy, and I felt so bad for the girl taking over for me.

Not sure if this is entirely relevant to the thread, but I worked a 7-10am SCO shift yesterday (Monday), and right around 9am no registers were accepting Red Card payments. Did this happen anywhere else? I guess we're lucky it didn't happen Black Friday, but Cyber Monday's not the ideal day for this to occur either. I left just as it was getting busy, and I felt so bad for the girl taking over for me.

It happened everywhere. Receipt lookup wasn't working at GS, which was loads of fun when it came to making returns, ePick went down, too; I thought my Zebra was going to explode when it came back up, It was a general mess, but thankfully it was resolved relatively quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back