Archived Dazed and confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdhdstpchl

Watching it all
1. I am getting the impression that my exec and hr are trying to fire me.
2. My exec wants me to be a "yes" girl, never questioning what I am being told. (Even when I know it's not the best practice.)
3. Exec was recording a discussion we were having, without saying anything to me about his recording the discussion.
4. It's making me scared to go to work. I don't trust the person who is supposed to be my leader.
5. Attempted to talk to HR about the feeling of hostile workplace and was told that I couldn't go to them about the situation because they are peers. Was told to talk to the STL.
6. Have attempted to talk with STL but they are to busy with other people and things. Have felt like the STL is actually hiding from me.

What is my next step?

Why are the execs not listening to what is being said, but demand that they are able to complete their commentary in the process negating any questions, concerns or comments that I may have?

The retaliation is real to me, but they don't see it that way. The fear of being at work with an exec that 95% of the team he is over thinks he's obnoxious and two faced, is supposedly "oh it's just me and how I take things" and "that I should just let it be"

I'm very lost at the time of year that for the past 9 years I've been on the ball and getting things done quickly and efficiently.

Any ideas as to how to deal with the situation would be greatly appreciated.

IMO. If most of the team thinks this one etl is an issue...then all of you get to gether go to the Hr/etl and or Stl. If people don't feel comfortable then start calling the hotline . My store( through the years) has gone through this with two different etl/log and one STL. ..there are strength in numbers. Also, document everything that is said and done that makes you and others feel uncomfortable...it may come in handy later.

Don't think they can record a conversation. If you aren't able to talk with the STL the hotline is your next best bet or the hrbp

If they didn't ask your permission to record said session beforehand, you could have ended the session.
Also HR is supposed to be an intermediary & shouldn't be taking sides because 'they are peers'.
If the STL refuses to hear you out, it's hotline time.

The HR won't talk to with me about the situation. Told by her..... Can't do it because of the execs being peetd
Bullshit. That's why there is an HR ETL. This position is an intermediary between everyone, up to and including the STL. If your STL doesn't have time to talk to you, ask HR ETL for the District HRBP's number. or on the next visit, corner the District person. You'll recognize him/her. It's the guy/gal with the stream of Red/Khaki following behind.

I don't know how the law varies from state to state on this, or how this situation is different at the workplace vs. out in public. But by federal law, this is legal. You can record your own conversations without consent of the other party.

Carry a notebook, write everything down.
Keep total records of everything.
Pin down the HR ETL, make it clear you want a meeting and if they refuse, write that down.
Then if you can't get support at your store, take all the documents (and I mean from the minute this started, write everything that happened down) and go to the hotline.

If they record you, record them. Give them a taste of their own medicine. Of course, don't let them know that you're recording them. Looking back, I wished I had been wearing a body cam all the times I got lectured by the STL. I would have loved to use that as leverage. I still hate that mofo. Piece of shit.

But anyways, best of luck. Most of the time the yes and nod is the best approach because it creates the least amount of drama. Don't ever let the ETLs and STL see your emotions. If you do that, they have all the power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back