Corporate Dear Corporate...

happygoth

reshop till I drop
OMG can you imagine?

Then again, once everything got back up and running we would just have Black Friday on another day - I wonder how many folks would return and if the company would lose much in the way of sales overall for Q4. Black Friday really isn't the be-all, end-all of Holiday shopping like it once was. It's not even the biggest shopping day of the year. Still, it would definitely feel like a retail Apocalypse when it was happening!

Dear Corporate: Why am I doing pulls in the backroom all day when I should be on the floor helping the guests with questions? That is the reason for scheduling mid shift hours right? Should not the pulls be done before the shoppers arrive so the floor is filled and ready to go on weekends in Dec?

Dear Corporate: Can you improve the design of Target Giftcards by having the scan barcode in the same place on all cards (some cards require the guest or TM to scan the upper left-hand corner) and make it simpler to peel/scratch the access code, and make the access code large enough for most people to actually read - i.e. 8 point font?

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
Dear Corporate: Can you improve the design of Target Giftcards by having the scan barcode in the same place on all cards (some cards require the guest or TM to scan the upper left-hand corner) and make it simpler to peel/scratch the access code, and make the access code large enough for most people to actually read - i.e. 8 point font?
I’d be ok with the different barcode setup if POS had a proper “whoops! Wrong barcode! Scan the other one” message, instead of the current “invalid card” message, which confuses everyone

Dear Corporate,
Why is it that labels in the same product line are so inconsistent? The DPCIs for Up and Up vitamins are all over the place. Is it really that hard to design the labels so the DPCI is in the same place across the whole product line?
Sincerely,
Going Cross-Eyed TM

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Dear Corporate,
Why is it that labels in the same product line are so inconsistent? The DPCIs for Up and Up vitamins are all over the place. Is it really that hard to design the labels so the DPCI is in the same place across the whole product line?
Sincerely,
Going Cross-Eyed TM
You think vitamins are bad. When I was working there, there was gripe water, completely identical, one dpci belonged in pharmacy OTC area and the other belonged in baby hardlines.

You think vitamins are bad. When I was working there, there was gripe water, completely identical, one dpci belonged in pharmacy OTC area and the other belonged in baby hardlines.
Oh, it's still the same with Tylenol - one in HBA, one in Mom & Baby - the boxes look identical but the UPCs are different. Some lip balms are like that too, both Chapstik and EOS brands. And Burt's Bees. And character Band-Aids. I always scan those things.

But I still wish they could figure out how to format the labels so the DPCI is in the same place across a product line. Doesn't seem like it'd be that hard, but maybe it's the last thing to fit in and so it's a case of "that DPCI thing will fit right here in this weird place so let's put it here."

But I still wish they could figure out how to format the labels so the DPCI is in the same place across a product line. Doesn't seem like it'd be that hard....."
YES! Particularly with Target-brand products, it would save our company money by reducing time wasted in the stores trying to find the DPCI and UPC. Corporate, if you want a suggestion on how to save money, here it is!