Corporate Dear Corporate...

Hearing loss from entering the equipment room when all the damn devices go off at once cannot be understated. They really need to have a way to mute sounds when the devices are docked.
It's like being trapped at the exit of a parking garage when everyone is trying to leave at once & your windows are down.

I still like the drive-up sounds, lol.

Do the remodeled stores have hand dryers? We just have paper towel dispensers but they are awful. I don't like hand dryers though. We need those automatic towel dispensers.

Last edited:
Back in my day, when I took the bus and it poured i had to dry my khakis from hip down, where the jacket didn't cover. Those were a godsend on those days.

Well yeah they do have their uses but I'm in my early 30s and every time I go into the bathroom and someone uses that thing I get a little bit deafer. At this rate I'll be fully deaf by 50. Eh, but I would rather go deaf than blind

Do the remodeled stores have hand dryers?

Yes, in the main bathrooms, at least.

Hand dryers are a scourge. More likely to transmit germs and loud enough to cause hearing loss, especially in kids whose ears are closer to the dryers (they're not likely around them long enough to do actual damage, but still).

Yes, in the main bathrooms, at least.

Hand dryers are a scourge. More likely to transmit germs and loud enough to cause hearing loss, especially in kids whose ears are closer to the dryers (they're not likely around them long enough to do actual damage, but still).

They scare kids, at least the ones I've seen. We fixed the towel dispenser though so less people are using it, thank goodness

I still like the drive-up sounds, lol.

Do the remodeled stores have hand dryers? We just have paper towel dispensers but they are awful. I don't like hand dryers though. We need those automatic towel dispensers.
It may also depend on your AP risk level. If there’s hand dryers, no need for a trash can in the bathroom excluding the bin in female stalls. It helps shortage by a small amount.

Dear Corp, (do they actually read here? lol)

1. Air Conditioning. Please. We are dying in these masks and I'm tired of hearing guests complain about how it's hotter in the store than it is outside and how "at least Walmart has air conditioning".

2. I know you don't want to give each department the hours you KNOW we all so desperately need, I know this.

For the most part, we need these hours to keep YOUR STORES running efficiently. When we can't push, do repacks, do reshop, zone, help customers on the sales floor, etc etc etc that inevitably hurts your bottom line. For those of us that have to CONSTANTLY back-up cashier (I was up there for over 90 minutes straight TWICE the other day) it hurts in-store sales (because no product is out) as well as kicks fulfillment square in the you-know-what because they can't find anything in the mountain of repacks. Speaking of repacks, since they're piled up back there every day and people are digging through them we damage-out a lot more than you might think we have to. One nail polish breaks the entire repack box is usually trashed. You have billions upon billions of $ yet will only give enough hours schedule ONE cashier at a time?! We're going WAY over goal every single day (by at least 25%+) and have been since the dawn of COVID.

3. Piggybacking off of #2, not being able to do our own jobs efficiently because we're constantly being pulled away or not given enough hours to do so, makes for cranky AF workers. Everyone's mood has shifted this month due to major hours cuts and it shows. I'm in a fabulous store with even more fabulous management. From what I've seen here and at Reddit, that's rare. If our moods are souring, I can't even imagine what everyone feels like in the other stores. I also can't imagine what Q4 is going to look like if this continues.

4. Pulling "guest advocate hours" for things like mask-duty is a waste of resources. We are in a mask-mandatory state but we can't force them to do anything. That's fine, but why bother? That person SHOULD be cashiering (like they're normally doing, at least in our store because ASANTS). If we must have a mask person, might as well make the cart cleaner do it rather than wash the exact same carts over and over and over again just to look like they're busy. I've done the mask duty, while it was uneventful (and the most boring thing of life, I might add) I couldn't help but think how at some other stores nearby they have actual security guards pulling the mask duty since that mess can, unfortunately, turn violent. A 15-minute deescalation video does not make for a practical defense when someone decides to use their hands on you.

PS: Trying to "educate" someone that doesn't want to wear a mask and has a strong stance about not wearing one is just going to make them angrier. It'd be like me trying to stand there and talk politics with someone that doesn't have the same political beliefs as I do, desperately wanting them to understand my side when they're dead set in their ways. You're not going to change their mind and they don't care at all about drive-up options.

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

and... that's my rant. Sorry lol I've been holding that in 😂 I do love my job and I do love Target. From a business perspective, it literally makes no sense to me. Marketing 101 keep the guests happy... ok, well when we have no product on the shelves and it says we have it but it's not out because it's buried in one of 100 repacks that we can't push because we're doing back-up cashier... that customer isn't happy. Not at all.

4. Pulling "guest advocate hours" for things like mask-duty is a waste of resources.

I agree, but they pull the second cleaning person for other duties and force the front end to take care of that themselves. Which often leaves cart cleaning undone, which I thought the managers would care more about, but I guess not. Everything gets left undone because nobody's given enough hours for everyone to stay in their own lane

And let's not even mention that there isn't a roaming cleaner anymore...

Last edited:
this is what is supposed to happen

When it gets busy, they can't do both at once. Trust me, I've tried, and all it got me was yelled at

I've been told to hand each guest their cart. I can't do that as it is, some don't want to talk, and if I'm at masks how can I? So I line carts up to be grabbed, and now I'm told to greet every single guest that approaches me

Dear Corp, (do they actually read here? lol)

1. Air Conditioning. Please. We are dying in these masks and I'm tired of hearing guests complain about how it's hotter in the store than it is outside and how "at least Walmart has air conditioning".

We had something similar happen, but it was the cold of winter. Ungodly temperature drop and the store was FREEZING! Heavy coats were barely enough. Guests complaining left and right. The cold snap lasted a few days. A bunch of us (maybe the whole store), every time that someone complained we told them corporate was in charge of the thermostat and to complain to corporate directly because corporate wouldn't listen to us (store).

It warmed up for about a week or so, then nosedived again, roughly equal temperature to the first drop. That time though, the store was warm. Apparently enough guests followed our advice/requests and complained to corporate about the temperature in the store.

We had something similar happen, but it was the cold of winter. Ungodly temperature drop and the store was FREEZING! Heavy coats were barely enough. Guests complaining left and right. The cold snap lasted a few days. A bunch of us (maybe the whole store), every time that someone complained we told them corporate was in charge of the thermostat and to complain to corporate directly because corporate wouldn't listen to us (store).

It warmed up for about a week or so, then nosedived again, roughly equal temperature to the first drop. That time though, the store was warm. Apparently enough guests followed our advice/requests and complained to corporate about the temperature in the store.

Wish that could get done for the poor bastards working before store opens

We're roasting down here & our city does an energy conservation program during which the AC & lights go down for a couple hours during peak time.
That's when I time it to pull pastries & sandwiches for SB.
Depending on coverage, I sometimes spend a little extra time in the freezer.
So far my shelves have never been so organized & FEFO'd.

Back