Archived Dear Plano

Status
Not open for further replies.

That first pic hurts my eyes! That would never fly for my team...I would have make them fix it. But then, I keep an eye on them while they are setting and would have caught it right away. Or find out who set it and never let them near it again- have one of those on my team now; can't have her set anything in reverse or it's always wrong and her end caps look this awful often.

I am not saying Plano doesn't deserve their hours but realize you have a full team when no one else does.

Pissed me off seeing our Plano folks sit on the lawn chairs while their TL was on break yestersay.

At my store Plano doesn't backup ever and since they are setting an aisle they are rarely interrupted by guest. I don't buy that your team can't help backstock anything, especially when someone is pulling your stuff for you...
You have the right to think what you want. I know what happens in my store. I have a very good team. And we don't backstock. On occasion we wil pull. It works.

You have the right to think what you want. I know what happens in my store. I have a very good team. And we don't backstock. On occasion we wil pull. It works.

And you have the right to be defensive... I am glad your Plano team "works". I was explaining the situation at at my store, sorry if that struck a nerve

I don't think any team needs to be patted on the back for doing what they are being paid to do. I think that Target will always have people who think that other teams get off easy or don't do what they should. I am a firm believer in you never know how hard a position is unless you have been a part of it. There are many variables as to why a process can be flawed in a store, Just look at this thread for example. Some stores plano teams pull their own POGS others dont. To paint that process with such a broad brush is ignorant. Just like saying all cashiers are slow is ignorant or all flow team members are slow is ignorant. The Break room is a great source of information sharing. If your Plano team is good, why? Let us know so other stores can adopt some of your ideas.

So, during the unload on my way to get my pallet, my backroom pal warned me the softlines pull was heavy because a pog rolled over. Yup it was. Plus the end cap they just set on Friday, was full. No room to add pegs, yet in the pull I had items tied to that end cap. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!

So, during the unload on my way to get my pallet, my backroom pal warned me the softlines pull was heavy because a pog rolled over. Yup it was. Plus the end cap they just set on Friday, was full. No room to add pegs, yet in the pull I had items tied to that end cap. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!

It could be the sales floor quantities are off. That happened to me in a recent boys licensed underwear revision. Somehow, somewhere, each peg of boys licensed socks was set at 240. I had to reset each peg back to 4 pair. What a waste of time.

It could be the sales floor quantities are off. That happened to me in a recent boys licensed underwear revision. Somehow, somewhere, each peg of boys licensed socks was set at 240. I had to reset each peg back to 4 pair. What a waste of time.

This was a new set. 4 different colors and 2 of the colors were both crew and v neck. Someone fucked up. Plain and simple. Oh yes I am familiar with sfq. My table shirts are a joke. Some are set as 10 large 6 xl and 4 xxl. Makes no sense to me, but what do I know. It's my job to push not set.

^THIS!

Having to check capacities is SO ridiculous and such a needless waste of time. Product size and sales floor location size are known (if you look at a shelf label the space between labels is supposed to work with the size of the product) and there shouldn't be as much tweaking at the store level as there is! Same thing with pegged items. My store has some areas where there is an architectural difference & sometimes we have to adjust for this. So I do see that there would need to be some adjustment on capacities. I set something during the Cosmetics reset where the capacity was over 50 but the location would only hold 6. With the issues with & lack of working My Devices it is nearly impossible to check capacities on everything, especially in a DPCI heavy planogram. Most days many of us have to borrow a My Device so we can tie our POGs (since that function has been removed from the PDAs) and may not see a My Device the rest of the day. Friday at my store we had 5/6 people setting sales planners, 2 doing instocks & 1 person doing RFID and the LOD could find FOUR working My Devices. This is a recipe for frustration and for it to SEEM like someone not "doing their job" is making it harder for other teams.

Last edited:
^THIS!

Having to check capacities is SO ridiculous and such a needless waste of time. Product size and sales floor location size are known (if you look at a shelf label the space between labels is supposed to work with the size of the product) and there shouldn't be as much tweaking at the store level as there is! Same thing with pegged items. My store has some areas where there is an architectural difference & sometimes we have to adjust for this. So I do see that there would need to be some adjustment on capacities. I set something during the Cosmetics reset where the capacity was over 50 but the location would only hold 6. With the issues with & lack of working My Devices it is nearly impossible to check capacities on everything, especially in a DPCI heavy planogram. Most days many of us have to borrow a My Device so we can tie our POGs (since that function has been removed from the PDAs) and may not see a My Device the rest of the day. Friday at my store we had 5/6 people setting sales planners, 2 doing instocks & 1 person doing RFID and the LOD could find FOUR working My Devices. This is a recipe for frustration and for it to SEEM like someone not "doing their job" is making it harder for other teams.

Yeah, nobody can really blame corporate for the architectural differences.

But there's no reason the capacities should be so fucked up like you mention for the 50-6 thing.

There needs to be a way to mass-edit capacities. Something on the POG screen that you can tap and then go to this:

4Qtavxx.png

But there's no reason the capacities should be so fucked up like you mention for the 50-6 thing.

There needs to be a way to mass-edit capacities. Something on the POG screen that you can tap and then go to this:

^THIS too. It is stupid (and very time consuming) that you have to scan EVERY label to change capacities . Add in the fact that the scanners on My Devices like to stop working and you end up with a sh!t show.
4Qtavxx.png

Probably set and didn't pull, the POG batch will fall into an auto/CAF if given enough time.

A little over a week ago they changed how batches were dropped when POGs were tied (this was supposed to keep from having to pull more than will fit on the shelf). But in usual Target fashion the new change doesn't work well, sometimes batches don't drop right away and will get pulled later by the back room. My TL explained that they look like a PTM batch to the back room. The BEST part is that the batches STILL over pull!

So I am the team lead for Plano and I wished I had what you guys are describing. At my store we're seen as not important and my STL literally never says anything to me. But that's also because she's a piece of shit STL. Anyway, our hours are never correct. If we need 170 hours for a week she gips it and gives us 160. It's insane. We also PULL AND BACKSTOCK our own stuff backroom doesn't do it so we are expected to sign and research while pulling all on time. My team use to be one of the best teams in the store until we got a new STL who started changing everything.

Last edited:

4Qtavxx.png

I have been a proponent for this, increasing capacities for an entire POG by a ratio.. Say you have a item that says it has a capacity of 3, but you can actually fit 6. You then notice that this is a common theme for this POG, therefore you "Increase Capacity by 100%). Obviously however, some POG's should be restricted (electronics, etc.) and there should be a way to track who is increasing what.

So I am the team lead for Plano and I wished I had what you guys are describing. At my store we're seen as not important and my STL literally never says anything to me. But that's also because she's a piece of shit STL. Anyway, our hours are never correct. If we need 170 hours for a week she gips it and gives us 160. It's insane. We also PULL AND BACKSTOCK our own stuff backroom doesn't do it so we are expected to sign and research while pulling all on time. My team use to be one of the best teams in the store until we got a new STL who started changing everything.
Wow thats bad. I feel for you.

I have been a proponent for this, increasing capacities for an entire POG by a ratio.. Say you have a item that says it has a capacity of 3, but you can actually fit 6. You then notice that this is a common theme for this POG, therefore you "Increase Capacity by 100%). Obviously however, some POG's should be restricted (electronics, etc.) and there should be a way to track who is increasing what.

I believe there is a report that generates weekly showing which TMs have updated SFQ and possibly which areas. My stl mentions it to my tl every once in awhile when she notices none of the team is listed on it.

A little over a week ago they changed how batches were dropped when POGs were tied (this was supposed to keep from having to pull more than will fit on the shelf). But in usual Target fashion the new change doesn't work well, sometimes batches don't drop right away and will get pulled later by the back room. My TL explained that they look like a PTM batch to the back room. The BEST part is that the batches STILL over pull!

Oh boy do they overpull! I think if your store's logistics process is absolutely perfect then it works fine, but when you factor in things like flexing, not stocking to the piece and missing secondary locations the whole thing goes haywire. Some pulls are more backstock than actual push!

I don't know how they made the fill process even worse, but corporate never fails to lower the bar and my expectations of them somehow.

I believe there is a report that generates weekly showing which TMs have updated SFQ and possibly which areas. My stl mentions it to my tl every once in awhile when she notices none of the team is listed on it.

I know that report, I am usually number one or number two on that list. I correct a lot of jacked capacities. Not that it does any good. Flow does whatever the fuck they want.

I know that report, I am usually number one or number two on that list. I correct a lot of jacked capacities. Not that it does any good. Flow does whatever the fuck they want.

YES I CAN PUT THESE BLUE TOWELS HERE NO I DON'T CARE THAT THAT'S NOT WHERE THEY GO.

Every team in the store has someone that does whatever they want. I get so sick of hearing that flow is the team that shoves shit wherever(we have pick labels for most product, the repacks are a different story). I have witnessed on several occasions where hardlines tms and closers just put stuff WHEREVER. Mind you, they are working without equipment. I personally would just walk over to any available scanner to see where it actually goes, but they don't. Also, my STLs idea of "zoning" is filling empty spaces, no holes, so items that do NOT go in a spot are in that spot. Like wtf????!!! Then you have people that do the evening cafs that mess up also. Once again, no equipment and unable to walk to an available scanner I guess. Walking to scanners does take time and if you are under pressure to just hurry up and finish, then that's what some people do. Mind you, in the mornings since our plano team works the same shift as flow(I really wish they would change that), their team lead has scooped up all of the working mydevices (even though three of them are working the a same aisle and God forbid if they actually had to SHARE equipment) and course backroom needs the pdas. All, I'm basically saying is that the mess comes from everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back