Archived December 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some store are 8, others are 9.

Holiday hours are available on Workbench.

Everyone was asked today to sign a paper stating whether we would be willing to work past 5pm on Christmas eve. I was told to sign it even though I was approved for that day off. First the ridiculous Thanksgiving opening and now they want tms to stay late on Christmas eve, I tell you it won't be long and Target will be open for ALL holidays, just like Kmart!

Everyone was asked today to sign a paper stating whether we would be willing to work past 5pm on Christmas eve. I was told to sign it even though I was approved for that day off. First the ridiculous Thanksgiving opening and now they want tms to stay late on Christmas eve, I tell you it won't be long and Target will be open for ALL holidays, just like Kmart!
That sounds like the signature sheet Target is going to use with their press release saying that Target TMs are willing to work the holidays.

Wait, you mean it's possible that there aren't actual ETLs that care, but are trying to pull a publicity stunt? A novel idea.

Anyone know if there are entertainment street dates for Christmas week? Tuesday (the normal street day) is Christmas. I am hoping that all movies are coming out December 21st. Any one know for sure?

I signed up.
It's not my holiday.
I'm happy to work so someone else can be with their family.
Don't really care about the money or their publicity.
Do wish they would give folks who don't celebrate Christmas their religious holidays off without having to take a personal day.

Hmmmmm...sounds like a good day to have the Red and Khaki flu.

9pm my tookhes. I'm happy I put my time in for the evening off...now to check I got that time off. Hmmm. Think Target would deny me a Church service?(And just for the record, I'm not lying about going. Haha)

Anyone know if there are entertainment street dates for Christmas week? Tuesday (the normal street day) is Christmas. I am hoping that all movies are coming out December 21st. Any one know for sure?

Most likely they will come out on Monday Dec. 24.

this is the blue ray release dates and that includes ones that Target might not carry.

December 20, 2012
Papua - 3D - The Secret Island of the Cannibals (3D Media)
December 21, 2012
Arbitrage (Lionsgate)
Killer Joe (Lionsgate)
Premium Rush (Sony)
The Resident Evil Collection (Sony)
Tosh.O: Deep V's (Paramount)
December 24, 2012
Red Hook Summer (Image)
The Well Digger's Daughter (Kino)
The Words (Sony)
December 26, 2012
WWE Best Pay Per View Matches 2012 (WWE)
December 28, 2012
Mass Effect: Paragon Lost (FUNimation)

this is the blue ray release dates and that includes ones that Target might not carry.

December 20, 2012
Papua - 3D - The Secret Island of the Cannibals (3D Media)
December 21, 2012
Arbitrage (Lionsgate)
Killer Joe (Lionsgate)
Premium Rush (Sony)
The Resident Evil Collection (Sony)
Tosh.O: Deep V's (Paramount)
December 24, 2012
Red Hook Summer (Image)
The Well Digger's Daughter (Kino)
The Words (Sony)
December 26, 2012
WWE Best Pay Per View Matches 2012 (WWE)
December 28, 2012
Mass Effect: Paragon Lost (FUNimation)

all these movies look really stupid/horrible. the Tosh.0 might be worth getting

Four dollars to give up family time and baby's first christmas that I can never get back.... How thoughtful of you target

We have a sign up sheet ! If not enough volunteers ,they will pick more tms to work,no matter your availability ?...

I want to know where are these idiots shopping on christmas eve anyway.. Not enough time between black friday and xmas...almost 30 days is NOT ENOUGH TIME HELP

They were begging people to sign up today. Sorry, got my request for the night off in and approved months ago. Thanks for asking, though!

Street dates are split between Friday, Monday and Wednesday. I looked at it quickly because my STL was curious, and it looked like movies Friday, music Monday, and books Wednesday to me.

I want to know where are these idiots shopping on christmas eve anyway.. Not enough time between black friday and xmas...almost 30 days is NOT ENOUGH TIME HELP

Answered a call as I was locking the front door on Black Friday at 11pm from a guest upset we were closing so early on Black Friday and he couldn't get in there to buy an XBOX. Sorry, we were only open for 23 hours today and you didn't have time to get here.

Hi! This is my first post outside of Introductions...

Calling in or calling out, whatever you call it, on a busy day/night is bad poker (uh, dirty pool?), and you let down your team by doing it (especially if someone else can't make it to work that night for a real reason). You may not hear a word from your TL/ETL, but they will remember you did it. Better to just say you won't be able to make it, while they are making out the schedule (as early as possible), and live with the consequences. Presentation is important, but you could do worse than to say:

"Hey, Bob (or Alice), I want to be up front. I won't be able to work on Christmas Eve (or Black Friday or Boxing Day or whenever), because I've got family visiting/it's my new baby's first Christmas (or Black Friday or Boxing Day or w/e)."

If the consequences are that you don't work at Target anymore, well, do you want to work at a store where the leadership doesn't share your values?

As for me, I need the $$$ too much to be choosy right now, so I signed up immediately. We just eat dinner a little earlier, or a little later, or whatever. Say, I better find a Santa hat to wear that night! I wonder if a red (and ugly) sweater would be okay?

But yeah, we work in retail, so we should probably expect some unhappy hours.

Last I checked there were streets for Friday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back