Archived Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m also curious to know if there is a pay bump for existing leads? TMs are bumped to $13, then $15... but I’ve yet to hear about an increase for leads. Seniors lost their titles but kept their pay. TLs are being held at the same rate but are expected to step up as key holders and receive LOD training.

If the wage gap is going to close, I’m wondering how quickly they will be phasing out leads...?

The bonus structure hardly creates an incentive to bust your ass day after day over 8 departments. Especially in my situation, where I worked really hard to create a department in my store and showed up one day to be told my job was given to someone else, and I was going to do something that makes me want to stick both of my arms in that drawer filled with all the left-handed box knives and rummage around for some hope, and maybe my dignity.

Anyway, just my thoughts and grumblings. Any insight would be great!

Pretty sure they are starting them at 17.75.
TLs start at $16 in California
TLs usually start $4 above TM base pay (at least in California). I don’t know if that will continue with these annual base pay increase.

Posted about this on another thread but...

$20.25 in NYC. Base is expected to raise to $23 with the switch from PG40 to PG45.

I know of brand new TL that was promoted that's making more than me. They have never been a leader any where. I've been with target for 5+ years. I can't really walk into the office and say this person make more than me I want a raise. They would just deny or say we can't talk about others pay. Their actually getting more than all the current TL PG40's at my store.
That sounds like me, I get paid more then all the tenured TLs at my store 😂

That sounds like me, I get paid more then all the tenured TLs at my store 😂
I discovered this too recently, that I’m making more than all but one of the TLs at my store, and most of the seniors are at base for their paygrade. I’m one of the newer ones, in role almost a year and a half.

The TL making more than me is making substantially more, like $22+. I’m in the $18s, three are in the low $17s (one of which is newly promoted, pretty sure was promoted at base and got review on top of that), one of the seniors above base is like $23ish and the other $24ish. VM is at like $26(!), PMT like $20. Source: we showed each other our merit increase statements to discuss trying to negotiate our pay as many of us are going through major role changes. Our TM base is $12 going to $13 but our leader paygrades are higher than base. Crazy to me that the one on the ETL bench is at PG45 base.

Which position is so horrifying ?
Everyone has their strengths and ops, but took over GM3. Five weeks in and tired of hearing ‘yeah we have to figure out something for your team....it needs work....we can’t hire....we have enough people have to figure out who blahblahblahfuckinwhatever.” And then they tell you to champion training but on the second day they tell you you need to stop holding peoples’ hands. It’s all just a load of bullshit. Also, owning Bullseye’s Playground is enough to make anyone want to jump off a bridge, and then you add fan central and check lanes? And amplified towers and luggage and entertainment? So everything we NEVER gave hours to and still won’t, and now we give 6 hours to for the entire week to pull/push/backstock all autos and truck and salesplanners and PTM/flex, revisions, also don’t forget to help people because you’re at the front of the damn store??

GSTL probably 😂😂
Sadly, I was a Sr. GSTL for almost 7 years. You’d think I’d be pretty solid in the bitterness/suck-it-up-and-do-your-job category by now... guess we’re never 100% jaded. There’s always room for more disappointment.

People are always like ‘if you’re so unhappy get a new job,’ and I want to shake them and smack them at the same time. Damn target’s benefits....... they drain your energy and suck your soul, but they give you the means to get it back..

Sadly, I was a Sr. GSTL for almost 7 years. You’d think I’d be pretty solid in the bitterness/suck-it-up-and-do-your-job category by now... guess we’re never 100% jaded. There’s always room for more disappointment.

People are always like ‘if you’re so unhappy get a new job,’ and I want to shake them and smack them at the same time. Damn target’s benefits....... they drain your energy and suck your soul, but they give you the means to get it back..
So true

Absolutely! On the drive home everyday I remind myself i’m Doing it for the benefits. I really don’t understand how all this is worth it for the tm without benefits. If my hours ever dropped enough for me to lose benefits, i’m Done.

I was base hardlines at $12 got a raise of .48 before promotion then offered 4.50 raise for team lead so I'm either 16.98 or 17.50 depending on if they give me the 13 before the 4.50. I am a closing TL in a low cost of living state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back