Archived Demoted due to impossible SFS standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's too much that can go wrong that SFS gets blamed for when we can't find something. Such as:

- Items being stolen
- Receiving a mispick box
- Items not scanned into backroom locations
- Guests leaving the items in the wrong area in the store
- Guests buying items after the order drops in
- The item being in the guests' cart
- Items being stocked in the wrong location, and research being done in both wrong locations.

Most of these are nobody's "fault." Why should someone get coached because a guest buys an item? Do they expect me to take it out of their cart and tell them that online shoppers are more important? There's not a chance I'd do that. If I were fully in charge, the only realistic change I'd do at our store would be to have the closing SFS TM look up the inf report and zero the items out according to their best judgement. If we received the item that day I won't zero it out, or it it's an unlocated seasonal item that maybe possibly hopefully is in one of the 20+ shrink wrapped pallets we have up on the top shelf before the zone is set, I won't zero those either, but most of the time I think it's justified. After a little over 2 and a half years I do have some observations:

Hanging softline counts are generally either 1 or 2. If it's 1 it could be stolen or misplaced, and if it's 2 the last sold date is either non-existent or from many months ago. These feel like mispicks since we usually get 2 of each size on the truck.
For hardlines, the count is either 1 or exactly 1 casepack. It doesn't take a genius to figure this one out.
Most of the daily infs come between 11 and 2. My theory is that this is when most stores are finishing up their batches, and if they had a problem with finding an item, we probably will too. When every box in the back is a mispick, I wouldn't be surprised if those same boxes were mispicks at other stores as well.
Sunday is the worst day of the week for infs, and it slowly gets better up through Saturday. The first day of the month is horrendous, and it slowly gets better until the end. I have a feeling Target changes things around these times, because the items we have to pick seem to change as well. In any given aisle, there's only a few items we have to pick. I play a game where I only look at the aisle and try and guess what it will have me pick. I'm not always right, but I've been right enough times to feel like there's some truth to this.

Then again, the team leads who were on my case the hardest have never picked a single SFS or SPU batch in their lives. They all need to work a weeks worth of flex shifts just to see what it's like. And yes, they need to be held to the same standard as they hold us. I always hated how TMs would act guilty in front of me for having to inf things. I'm on your side, people, you have nothing to prove to me. I trust all the regulars at my store. After all, our current yearly average is around 6%. I would consider that pretty good.

So, how were you demoted?
You went from a being TM to being a TM? How is that a demotion?
target has long used the tool of making certain tms feel as they are "super tms" by dangling carrots such as "you were talked about at the tl meeting" and recognizing all their great stats only to drop the other foot when that tm goes out of favor,so yes for that tm it is like a demotion,silly as it may sound.

Money is the only real recognition. If your "recognition" doesn't come with an extra bundle of cheddar, it's an illusion
that is certainly true,the only time you can believe what is being said is if you are promoted or at your review time,when what they really think of you comes out,otherwise almost everything else is smoke.

Not all of your work is for nothing, even if your store's leadership doesn't appreciate it.
Write up all those great stats and use them in your resume. Show a future employer how you can think independently (we all know how much that's discouraged at Target, but others actually like it), solving problems and improving a process. Leave behind the nay-sayers at your store and find a job where your skills will be valued. Good luck.

So, how were you demoted?
You went from a being TM to being a TM? How is that a demotion?
Mostly what it feels like, and because my hours got cut. Basically going from being completely in charge of an area to being told that you are not meeting some arbitrary standard set by some team leads in the store who have never worked in that area, to going back to backroom and flow shifts where you really have no say in what you do.
The position has been posted for about two weeks now. Nobody in the store wants it. It'll be interesting to see what happens, and if they decide to hire an outside person.

target has long used the tool of making certain tms feel as they are "super tms" by dangling carrots such as "you were talked about at the tl meeting" and recognizing all their great stats only to drop the other foot when that tm goes out of favor,so yes for that tm it is like a demotion,silly as it may sound.
Boy isn't this the truth.

Like someone said previously on this forum, all the promises, all the recognition, all the responsibilities don’t mean shi* unless there is a TL next to your name on the daily grid.
I wish that hardworking, caring and intelligent people like you would have a place at Target, where your potential is recognized and compensated. Far too often because of Asshole ETLS and lets face it, some of them are the true the meaning of ASSHOLES, forget that we all have potential, we all strive to do better, we all aspire to move up in life, to make our lives and the lives of those around us better. To provide for ourselves and our families.They forget that at the end of the day it doesn’t cost them a penny to help someone achieve a goal ,a dream.
They get power hungry and the smirk, the disgusting smirk on their faces is a tell tale sign, that they have lost all of their humanity and decency. Maybe spot did it to them, maybe they were born that way.
I wish you well, I wish all of you hardworking TMs good health and prosperity. May your dreams come true, may you all find what makes you happy, what excites you, what fulfills you.

Just continue to do your best. I stand by what Planoss said above me. I have seen too many people who have worked hard and made a difference in my store's success. I'm one of the few at my store who truly cares about the Logistic process and all other departments that gets affected. We have lost a good portion of logistics experts who made the store run efficiently. I still believe that only those who were 100% backroom trained should be allowed to interact with backroom processes. However, due to the changes enforced upon the store, we don't have the resources to do so. I had a ETL-LOG quit due to the changes. Don't sweat it. You may be a TM, so it is not you who district will be looking at if Flexible Fulfillment fails. That will be the TL, ETL and STL. If they truly care, they will do everything in their power to properly support your team to ensure its success. My Flexible Fulfillment scores has also dropped because our teams were gutted only leaving a select trustworthy people, but even their hours are chopped. Play it smart, don't stress yourself. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back