Archived Department that needs improvement most!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electronics needs the most attention. It needs to be completely ripped apart and rebuilt.

Kill the boat. Give the team members a tablet with a credit card reader and POS software. Option to have receipt sent to email(Collects guests email for marketing as well). Have 1 endcap dedicated towards a register with cash/check reader/thermal printer. Bottom cabinet is for supplies(Pens/Pencils hip printer etc). This'll force the TM to be out and about mingling.

The TV Wall isn't as flexible as it needs to be . You end up with holes half the year, and Target doesn't sell peg board.

Cameras shifted in the right direction. But I think the lock boxes on the bottom look sloppy and unprofessional. Shift to a "Stocked in the Back" model. It'll clean it up.

Cell Phones - Cell phones themselves are merchandised very well, but the accessories are a pain. We have cords/plugs everywhere, iPhone stuff is strangely merged and it's not intuitive at all. Needs a complete rehash.

Tablets...need an entire aisle with tablets with more consumer information. Definitely an expanding market. Printing out infocards is a pain...each tablet needs an ISM card with specs and QR codes to product info. Merge with laptops/netbooks.

Video Games - This model is beyond ancient. It hasn't changed in nearly a decade. Needs new fixtures, reorganization. Infinity/Skylanders needs it's own aisle or island. Amibo needs to be merged into Wii. Shift to a browser set and purge out the backroom. Suncoast it. It seriously looks nice.

Media - CD's HAVE TO GO. Nobody buys physical media except for grandma/grandpa and people getting the new releases. If we're pushing digital media so hard(Tablets/Phones) and shrinking physical players(How big is your "boom box" area? How many portable CD players do you have?), then we need to shrink the physical media as well. Kill the browser, shift to how DVD's / Blu-Rays are stocked. 1 endcap with new releases, 2-3 endcaps with "featured" stuff, and maybe 12-16 feet of inline planogramed.

Books/Movies - Actually these aren't bad. Organization could be better. The kids "layered" shelving really sucks to zone/research but it gets shopped pretty well.

That's just off the top of my head. Electronics shopping is typically an "experience"...getting to try out different fun toys and nerd talk with a team member...and Target doesn't deliver that "experience"
Agreed on getting to try things, out as many of displays are just dummies.

The driving force of Targets success has always been to focus on what it's main target customer wants. Women. Cheap Chic. Softlines, Shoes, Domestics and Cosmetics have been neglected for so long that it is not longer chic, just semi cheap. Not only are those areas that huge profit makers, they are also areas you can stand out and be different in. Everybody has food and Targets on the cheap attempt clearly failed, everybody has electronics where other than making things pretty not much can be done all the product is the same, everybody has everyday household items where the only way to compete is price. Clothes, Shoes, Domestics, Cosmetics? Those are places you can stand out. Smart buyers with an eye on trends are what used to drive Target before it started trying to become Walmart. How do you let a massive profit center like shoes become the biggest dump in the store. Not to mention purses and such. You fix those areas and staff them. And your core customer will come more often and spend more money.

The driving force of Targets success has always been to focus on what it's main target customer wants. Women. Cheap Chic. Softlines, Shoes, Domestics and Cosmetics have been neglected for so long that it is not longer chic, just semi cheap. Not only are those areas that huge profit makers, they are also areas you can stand out and be different in. Everybody has food and Targets on the cheap attempt clearly failed, everybody has electronics where other than making things pretty not much can be done all the product is the same, everybody has everyday household items where the only way to compete is price. Clothes, Shoes, Domestics, Cosmetics? Those are places you can stand out. Smart buyers with an eye on trends are what used to drive Target before it started trying to become Walmart. How do you let a massive profit center like shoes become the biggest dump in the store. Not to mention purses and such. You fix those areas and staff them. And your core customer will come more often and spend more money.

The problem is, they don't want to spend the money. Right now, I get 20 hours a week as cosmetics brand, 5 days, 4 hours a day. It's just enough to get cosmetics in shape. The comp YTD for the beauty department is pretty high. I think it's top 5 of my store.

I wonder why. Hm. Could it be the regular quality zone resulting in accurate research scans allowing us to get the correct product that we need to the store? Could it be the ability of guests to actually find their product instead in the correct place according to the sign?

I'm the example of what happens if you SPEND MONEY AND INVEST IN YOUR STORES OH LOOK YOU ACTUALLY GET THE RESULTS YOU WANT AND YOU MAKE MONEY HM TAKE A HINT CORPORATE.

ugh, shoes. Give me one week of shifts over there so I can deep-zone, black-dot the pegs, and SUBT9999 and I'll get that in shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back