Archived Did your store abandon the guest service movement already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a&a, cosmetics, and electronics got all these hours for better coverage and getting the truck done quicker. This week it was all but reversed with not a word. All double coverage was cut and if it took your entire shift to do the truck and not pay any attention to guest then so be it.

What about your electronics truck? Technically the truck is under flow's workload and they get the hours for it. And not sure if A&A actually saw a cut but they don't get their truck done half the time.

Double coverage doesn't exist outside of Saturday and Sunday at my store

Its just your store perhaps
We get double coverage sometimes on the weekend but not usually, and we have way more people working in electronics from when I started.

Maybe your store had a payroll problem. They cut all the nice double coverage when someone overspends

It could also be that corporate is realizing they can't eat their cake & have it, too and the focus on guests at the expense of everything sounds great until payroll hours go up and sales go down because there's no actual product on the floor to help guests find.

This is our conundrum with being called to back up the lanes. I get that we want to reduce guest wait times and that is important, but when they strip the sales floor completely there won't be any need for backup if we can't help guests find what they need so they can get to checkout...

For awhile all the leads would talk about is guest engagement and what questions to ask them and what questions not to ask them. Haven't heard anything about it for sometime, so yeah id say the whole refocusing towards sales and engagement is on theback burner, at least at my store

lol my peers don't even know the daily/weekly sales goals. don't know how we're comping, where payroll is etc. you think they care about guest experience?

I would agree. Hours have been severely striped away from the front end (OPU, cashiers, CA, SD). Long lines and wait times makes it difficult to engage with our guests. When I ask a guest if they are using Cartwheel and they reply no, I tell them it's ok, sometimes you just don't have the time. I don't want to open the door for them to start scanning. Just need to get them out the door. Stickers for the ill behaving offspring, again, no time.

Considering that most product is in the backroom rather than the salesfloor, yeah, Target doesn't give a shit about the guest. We consistently make sales, yet consistently don't have hours.

Considering that most product is in the backroom rather than the salesfloor, yeah, Target doesn't give a shit about the guest. We consistently make sales, yet consistently don't have hours.
I just laugh when I walked in the backroom now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back