Do you call back?

They don't call you in they call you to ask you if you would like to come in. It rarely happened at Neptune when the old management was running the ship. They were good folks and yes I did come in occasionally. On the days I could not make it I gave them the courtesy of a return call. Be responsible.

I always call back and usually say yes, but I would call either way. Now it's mainly a text from my current TL or occasionally from my former if they are the closer on the weekend. I have had to say no a couple of times, but mostly say yes and appreciate the hours.

I’m the worst and always panic answer and then say yes no matter what. On the off chance I do miss the call, I usually call back and take the shift. I called back once to see if they got the shift covered because I could do it, but preferred not to.

Thankfully I just get a text from my TL now most of the time. And when that TL is there, I have no problem being there and will usually just take the shift.

I rarely have any hours to give them, so I don't get called very often. When it does happen every other month or so, however, I always call back. It's just a courtesy to say, "Hey, I got your call but I'm not able to come in today." Being courteous is one of the reasons for the first clause of my first sentence in this post.

If you continuously don't answer when asked to come in then it will stop. I tell people that the person that always answers and come in gets served 1st.

Not calling back is better than answering and saying NO. They will always remember the NO's but not the phone call to ask. They probably called a few other people and whoever called back first and said yes got the hours.

Depends on if you're interested in picking up extra hours. If you're called a few times and never even return the call to say "no thanks," they're going to stop calling. And then when you ARE available and would like the hours, they won't be offered to you.

Back