Archived Do you have a chair in your fitting room for the operator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chair at our fitting room because they never have reason to be at the desk. FR sorts and puts away reshop for all of softlines all day and they have a cordless phone to take with them. A chair for FR would be like a chair for backroom. There is no part of the job that could involve sitting

Anyone at my store who has needed to sit to accommodate an injury/disability gets to cashier with a chair.

To my knowledge, we don't have a chair. Our operators move around way too much to justify sitting down, what with all the re-shop sorting and checking rooms.

If you have proven disabilities, it should be no problem to get them to put a chair back there for you.
If they want to take it out when you leave that's on them but you have the right to it.
I wish that was the case at my store. A few months back one of our best operators was denied a chair back at the Fitting Room when she was recovering from surgery. She was told by our STL she could only sit on one of the stools found at the Fitting Room for a few moments if 'the pain got too much to bear.'

We have an operator who is over 80 who has a stool at the fitting room. Anyone else gets caught sitting on it= automatic CA.

Thanks for all of the great insights! I obtained a dr.'s statement for a reasonable accommodation of a chair (I was told that I had to have that.) I was also told that we could 'get in trouble' if 'they' viewed video of the operator using a chair. I don't use the chair for the entire shift...I do my share of zoning and putting away strays in the areas around the fitting room, I just need to use it periodically. I kinda felt like I was made to jump through hoops to get any hours in the fitting room.

Thanks for all of the great insights! I obtained a dr.'s statement for a reasonable accommodation of a chair (I was told that I had to have that.) I was also told that we could 'get in trouble' if 'they' viewed video of the operator using a chair. I don't use the chair for the entire shift...I do my share of zoning and putting away strays in the areas around the fitting room, I just need to use it periodically. I kinda felt like I was made to jump through hoops to get any hours in the fitting room.
Except no one is going to view the cameras for non-ap reasons. And if they did they wouldn't be able to say anything to you anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back