Archived Do you think I'll be kept on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hired seasonal for Softlines. The TL's in SL and the other TMs that have been here for a long time love me and have been asking if I'd like to stay on and if I'd be able to do full time and what not. We had meeting with the ETL I believe(always get those confused) and she told I was one of the seasonal hires they were considering keeping. I always pick up extra shifts and they know they can rely on me so I work quite a bit. They other day I worked like 15 hours. Now everything honestly seems good I really do believe I'm good at my job and most of the ladies I work with told me they put in a good word for me. I do have one issue, the other week the GSTL or GSA(again I get them confused) called me up and asked me about my red cards she said if I wanted to stay on I'd have to get more because I've only gotten one and she kept calling me a cashier but that's not my position and if you can tell by my username I'm a really nervous person so I did not correct her. I trained in guest services and on the regular register obviously as it's required for seasonal to be able to be back up. I've only ever had one shift up front and it was in guest service and I wasn't even scheduled I just picked up someone's shift.(that's when I god my one redcard) I am usually up there when it's really busy for about 10/15 minutes just to thin out the lines. I do ask the guests and push it I just haven't gotten any. I do not feel this is fair as there are seasonal cashiers and I am not one of them. Do you think this will stop me from getting hired permanently? Any retained seasonal a have experience with this issue? I will be really upset if this is the reason I cannot stay on.

Just for perspective I talked to the ETL after I talked to the GSTL and she did not bring up red cards or anything to do with cashiering. Sorry it's so long!

Take a refresher course on red cards &'cashiering with the gsa or Gstl. That way, they are you aretrying to improve.
It's everyone job on the salesfloor to backup each other & front end.

I don't think for even a second that your redcard conversion scores will determine whether you are kept as a salesfloor TM. GSA would certainly have no say in whether to keep you, they'd likely have no say in whether to keep a cashier even. GSTL would have say in whether to keep a cashier, but again, they'd have nothing to do with whether a salesfloor TM was let go or not (unless when backup cashiering you did something super egregious which they reported to an ETL, but lack of redcards doesn't qualify as such, intentionally allowing guests to commit fraud or stealing does).

I have worked for target for over a year and can count the number of red cards ive gotten on two hands. youll be ok, they shouldnt use that against you considering your workcenter is salesfloor

I was a seasonal cashier, and I don't think I even had one Red Card before I was hired on. But then again, every store is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back