Archived Does your job call you when you are late to work?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine does. Makes it arkward to no call no show. Some say it's shows they care but eh. More like making sure you're coming in so they aren't inconvenience

Lady I work with comes in late often, they call her to make sure she is coming in. She never picks up because she's usually just on her way... but they do.

If you agree to a shift and you arrive 30 minutes late you're giving whoever you are working with that day 30 minutes more work if they work later than you... hell yea they should call, and I hope it's awkward as heck for people who NCNS

I thought that was against policy?
it is but some stores don’t follow it – mine included. I wasn’t even late, just scheduled later, and the VML texted & and then called me. I replied, “I’m in the breakroom waiting to clock in.”

Lady I work with comes in late often, they call her to make sure she is coming in. She never picks up because she's usually just on her way... but they do.

If you agree to a shift and you arrive 30 minutes late you're giving whoever you are working with that day 30 minutes more work if they work later than you... hell yea they should call, and I hope it's awkward as heck for people who NCNS
Well most people don't a agree to their shifts, lot are just scheduled

I thought that was against policy?

It's not best practice because you shouldn't have to remind people to show up or call in but it doesn't hurt to check. I have called no shows to find out they are in the hospital, were in an accident etc.

If your cash office, cafe or Starbucks opener hasn't shown up. It's a huge problem.

Well most people don't a agree to their shifts, lot are just scheduled

You agree to your shifts when you are hired and sign an availability confirmation agreeing you can work certain times on certain days.

My store has gone to automatic terms for no call no shows in first 90 and automatic c.a. for it past. Second is a final.

It's amazing how much better attendance has been. If you can't be bothered to call about being late you apparently don't need the job very much.

My store calls if your a dependable TM and rarely have attendance issues. If you called out or NCNS already in the week they wont. Just assume you dont want your job.

In fact, I always clock in 5 minutes early.

That's something like (if I mathed right) an extra 20 hours a year.

IF a reliable tm is late and or hasn't showed up I don't see the issue with calling them to make sure everything is ok. However, if it someone who is late or doesn't show all the time then they don't need a phone call they need a write up .

An hour early? Are you salaried???
No, I'm a TL. However I also run my own business and the field I'm in (won't say so I'm not identified) you're either early or late.

I also have a far commute and therefore rather leave early than let something happen on my commute that'll make me late. It's a good time for me grab some Starbucks and chill for a bit.

My store would call me because I'm usually like an hour early and I never call out. I was running late once and they called me asking if I was alright because I'm never late.

I genuinely believe in my case they're sincere in their concern.

Yeah we had a senior not show up and it turned out he was going through a breakup. We obviously called him because I doubt any store would let a leader ncns without reaching out.

In my store, the HR department doesn't call the employees. It's usually the team themselves or Team leads texting/calling the missing person asking if they're okay. HR will sometimes call you to see if you're okay depending on who you are. We have people who show up to work and make the process worse, so we don't bother with them, but if you're good and are a hard worker, you'll get a call.

Team leads texting/calling the missing person

Never understood allowing team leads to text or call a tm. HR has my number and I suppose my TLs could get it if they want to. Once my one TL was like "I don't have your number in my phone!" Uh right. And she won't.

Never understood allowing team leads to text or call a tm. HR has my number and I suppose my TLs could get it if they want to. Once my one TL was like "I don't have your number in my phone!" Uh right. And she won't.
Haha, I personally don't mind it. I'm really cool with the leadership in my store. They all come to me with questions Logistics-wise when the team leads aren't there, and, I come to them with any questions I have. So, fair game. Either way, it's nice to know that they'd check up.

My store calls but the majority don't pick up, just let it go to voicemail.

I only had one time where I misread the schedule and missed that day and I was surprised no one called me because my store was usually on top of things. I was never written up for it either. Now I have a consistent schedule but the leads I have are usually good at following up and trying to track down attendance issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean all TLs have access to everyone's phone numbers that are on file through myTime anyway. Most of the time I'm the one making call ins and checking in on folks that don't show. If I think your attendance is poor anyway though then I won't call you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back