Archived Does your salesfloor ever support with truck push or cafs/autofill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They push CAFs and research but not pretty much never truck. Like maybe twice in a year gave I seen that? Mostly because our store schedules sales floor to come in after 9 or10 because hey flow's on the floor so we can save payroll!

Our store does an all store push which is basically all salesfloor and specialty teams push HBA and salesfloor does all CAF pulls

I will generally always have the sales floor help the truck until it is done when I am LOD. The truck team is also responsible for autos on truck days.

My sales floor team push all CAFs and autos on non-truck days because MyTime completely killed backroom hours and they barely have enough time to pull before they are into the next hour.

Keep in mind this is a running list and not everything happens everyday except that dayside pushes the dayside CAF/Market/Research rounds.

Pull over stock from the truck push - this one is everyday.

Clean up defective items left on the floor
Push the random boxes of product left on the floor
Clean up the random pallets left on the floor
Clean up the cardboard left by the bailer
Back stock when overnight falls behind
Give up sales floor hours so they can run overtime
Push the C&S truck once a week and parts of it at least one other time a week..

And during the Q4 heavy double trucks yes, we will dig in and take a section(as in-stocks) and knock it out.. Or just when holidays set we always get smart huddles of truck push that are so long I get my first break then 15min later have to go to lunch..

I hope that is what you were asking :)

At my overnight store, the sales floor team only does truck push if the P-Fresh truck is late. All challenge waits until the next night. If the overnight team can't come clean, chances are the dayside team is too busy too because it's that time of year.

Pushing CAFs was generally the responsibility of the sales floor team in the past, but now backroom pushes hardlines CAFs unless they're overwhelmed. Softlines and P-Fresh almost always push their own CAFs. Rarely, unfinished CAFs get left for the flow team to push with the autofills and challenge. Dayside only handles the autofills a couple times a year - the day after Christmas and the morning after inventory - because the flow team is off those nights.

SFTMs at my store push all CAFs and occasionally help with the truck if they're behind. They very rarely do autos, unless we're really behind.

Salesfloor pushes all cafs, at least half of the Instocks batches, most of the backroom clearance, and sometimes challenge and autofills. Whoever is in consumables (myself, the PA that day, or some unlucky soul) also has to push all of the PFresh autofills everyday because the flow team either "forgets" about them or doesn't have time to push them. During Q4 it's not uncommon for salesfloor to push truck, first is usually toys/sporting goods that was left over from the toy team, then seasonal.

I'm in a ULV. Salesfloor usually always helps during 4th quarter. The rest of the year when trucks are lighter, the sf team jumps on projects as soon as they get in, because we only have a few hours to get things done before we shut everything down at noon for pulls. Electronics with the electronics/entertainment push more often than not, because mornings are slow and our electronics pushers are so much fun.

My store no longer has challenge I guess but SF also pushes clearance most of the time. The GSTM will usually push any One Spot truck, and the cashiers will push all the gum and candy. Sometimes they'll drop off anything in a CAF that goes at the checklanes, and the cashiers will push that too.

We don't have enough floor coverage to help with the truck. Flow should be able to handle the truck unless it's double with lots of call off's.

Usually, that doesn't happen. It was a time at my store where we had to cut hours. The entire flow team was sent home and the sales floor was left to push out the truck. I guess that's what happens when you don't make your store sale goals. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back