dont know what to do in this serious matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS. A tm was recently discharged from the hospital and showed up later that night for a closing shift because said tm was afraid to call out. Said tm has been late quite a number of times and has called just prior to the beginning of a shift to say they'd be late. Do I feel bad for this tm? Of course I think its unfortunate that they were sick and in the hospital. But. Be on time for your shifts unless there are extenuating circumstances and you don't have to be scared to call out for a legitimate reason.

And person just discharged from a hospital shouldn't be working. Regardless of their attendance. Attendance needs to be handled separately from illness. This isn't a slave ship.

I'd call the Department of Labor, read any and all company policy you can find, and follow all the advice given here.

If you're in the hospital and prohibited from working due to illness, they HAVE to honor that. Yes, it's a business, no, we're not robots, we get sick.

When HR and ETL's say "I don't accept doctor's notes" I secretly wish they'd get severe dysentery for a week and have to call in sick. Doctor's notes chronicle REAL ILLNESS and are an important part of a worker's file.

This is why so many TM's gripe about Target being heartless or a bunch of assholes - they are stuck in a store that has bad management that refuses to respect it's workers health needs.

When they say that, they are asking to lose their job, get their companys name and reputation damaged and likely for them, never get a job in that field again.

I lost a good friend this way. Committed suicide because he made a choice in something he believed in that happened to be wrong, got called on it,. stood up for his 'rights' got sued, got the comapny sued. Company lost. Company fired him with malice. He was got after discovering no one would hire him any more.

People's health is far more important, than the job. TL need to understand that you are suppose to lead not rule.

While I don't believe Target is filled with heartless people, I do believe that not accepting doctors notes is dangerous for all of us.

Nobody is talking about terming someone. If you are missing work often enough for that to be a possibility, you should go for an intermittent LOA.

At least two of our ETL-HRs have had this policy, including one that transferred from another store in the district, so I just assumed it was a Target policy.

Doctors notes can be faked, and as I said, calling out is supposed to be used for when you legitimately cannot work (even though many people seem to use it when working would just be inconvenient).

My other job will excuse absences with a note, but it has to be faxed to the store directly from the doctor, and the only reason they take it at all is because it's in the union contract.
Doctor's notes can't be legitmately faked. I love wandering around the internet. Its a hobby still. (im old and in the 90s fresh out of high school) did computer work. So yes, you can but its obvious and a little back can resolve that.

Doctor's notes can't be legitmately faked. I love wandering around the internet. Its a hobby still. (im old and in the 90s fresh out of high school) did computer work. So yes, you can but its obvious and a little back can resolve that.

If you have a friend, yes they can be faked. My father in law has written me prescriptions before from thousands of miles away.

If you have a friend, yes they can be faked. My father in law has written me prescriptions before from thousands of miles away.
I concede the point there. I meant the online ones. What you are suggesting is entirely different. (and borderline illegal)

I mean faked good enough for it not to be questioned. Open up MS Word, find a logo for a local hospital online and put it at the top, put the name of a real doctor and phone numbers under that, then write a few generic sentences, print it out and scribble a signature.

I may or may not have done that in high school to excuse absences when I skipped class.

I'm going to delete this thread. YOU ALL JUMP TO FUCKING CONCLUSIONS. NOBODY was taking about a fake doctors note & I would never make shit up... MY HEALTH IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT. You all need to read or keep comments to yourself!! I came on here asking for advice as a new team member not to get kicked down & have all these different opinions about faking doctors notes... or calling out just to call out or I'm not being responsible... excuse my language but fuck all you I have a REAL reason for not being able to work right now. READ READ READ it's DOCTORS ORDERSSSSSSSSSS!! My store is aware of everything so this conversation ENDS HERE!

I'm going to delete this thread. YOU ALL JUMP TO FUCKING CONCLUSIONS. NOBODY was taking about a fake doctors note & I would never make shit up... MY HEALTH IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT. You all need to read or keep comments to yourself!! I came on here asking for advice as a new team member not to get kicked down & have all these different opinions about faking doctors notes... or calling out just to call out or I'm not being responsible... excuse my language but fuck all you I have a REAL reason for not being able to work right now. READ READ READ it's DOCTORS ORDERSSSSSSSSSS!! My store is aware of everything so this conversation ENDS HERE!

They aren't talking about you.
They are talking generalities.

Like so many threads here, it has wandered off the original point into other realms.
Nobody is saying you are using fake notes, just that they can be done.

It does seem that this thread has reached a point where it probably might be worth shutting down since things have been worked out.
I'm going to lock it up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back